cortisone shot for a shoulder sprain?

NIGHTWING

Been dealing with a messed up shoulder for about 10 month stopped working out in January.

Been trying lots of stretchering, ultrasound,tens, cold laser therapy, deep tissue massage, a.r.t (active release therapy ) massage etc,
Band work, cable work, you name it.

Change the way I carry stuff at my night job no overheard anymore I bartend and sometimes would stack trays with empty glasses to take to the back at the end of the night or mid shift if we were busy.

Pain all around the rotator cuff muscles all 4 of them plus some trap pain and neck pain

My chiropractor initially diagnosed it as a coracobrachialis injury, and that was the exact spot where pain with emanate when I would do flat bench or incline or flys. I mean spot on where he did a.r.t I got more range of motion back then ever before.

But the last 4 months the pain rotates around I ice /heat and massage one part of my shoulder another flares up, like trying to chase a fire down with a water hose. He said it might be a torn labrum.

I might get a light workout in where I feel fine no pain and the next day my arm is on fucken fire the bad pain all around.

I got x rays, mri shows no tear my chiropractor could see( i have the mri on cd), fucken doctor didn't even look at the mri just read the report that was given by the place that administered it. Offered PT and pills and I said I been doing fucken pt for the last year its not gonna help those are bandages.

He said fine I could have the concertize shot, This asshole gave me a diagonals of shoulder sprain, didn't even look at the mri and says I can go back to working out the next day, after I haven't for almost a year.

I am worried I might end up with a slap tear from over use at my job.

I am fine with taikng the shot but time frame for when I can go back to the gym?

Should I take time off from work I use my shoulder a lot for trays, shaking drinks, carrying stuff a lot and I can only carry with my left arm.
The next day after work my left arm is on fire, external, internal rotation hurt addcution of my arm hurts its a complete mess.

I am positive my job is making this issue worse so should I take some time off from my job like say a month, work on stretching strengthening, getting some more deep tissue work etc done, increase my range of motion?

I believe its a pinched nerve somewhere.

One last question I have used peptides before would TB or a normal cjc, ghrp combo help with this injury?

I am now older and more fearful of loss of income and health don't want to damage my shoulder in my later years and require surgery then that could be prevented now.

Last edited:
the thing about cortisone shots is while it alleviates pain and swelling for a while, it actually weakens the joint. Cortisone is catabolic and breaks down body tissue. You may feel less pain, but you may be doing more damage than you think. Dorian Yates blames his shortened bodybuilding career on injury that he believes was caused by cortisone injections.

As a veteran of shoulder injuries my advice to you is to get a new dr. Try to get a sports medicine dr and request an MRI with contrast. I've had a S.L.A.P. tear and it will never heal on its own. Surgery is the only way to fix it. If you have workman's comp I would try to use it without getting yourself into trouble. It's likely that a work comp dr will be the final authority on determining if it's work related or not. If not maybe you can get state disability?

Recovery from a slap tear surgery takes 4-6 months, but you may not be 100% for a year or 2. All depends on how bad it is. Bottom line is you need to get a better dr who will actually look at and read your MRI for Petes sake.

I wouldn't throw TB500, or any other peptide at it until you know for sure what is causing the pain.

The MRI with contrast allows them to see everything more clearly. The needle for the die injection isn't as bad as people say it is.

I hope this helps and you can get taken care of.

Last edited:
I have already made an appt with my primary physician to to get a referral to see a new shoulder surgeon, and found one that is sports orientated and takes my insurance. I will get the shot on Monday and have a referral for a place for PT as well for the mean time while I wait to see the new doctor. I plan to take a month off from my night job to let it heal as well.

Make sure to drink lots of water and hit the amino acids more often, DLPA (Dextro-Levo-Phenyl-Alanine) is normally employed for chronic pain that is unresponsive to other measures. Nuts, fish and eggs will help.

If it does turn out be soft tissue damage, a pinched never etc.

How soon after the shot can I use TB or my peptide combo which have worked in the past for me for other injuries?

As well as say soft tissue work, deep tissue massage, a.r.t ,etc to break any knots in the area?

If it does turn out be soft tissue damage, a pinched never etc.

How soon after the shot can I use TB or my peptide combo which have worked in the past for me for other injuries?

As well as say soft tissue work, deep tissue massage, a.r.t ,etc to break any knots in the area?

Try using a deep stroking massage, not static pressure and do it slowly and do it six to twelve strokes per knot.
Work each muscle knot 2-3 times per day until the pain goes away.
You can also try using a massage ball, foam roller 3 times a day until the pain subsides and the knot releases. This can take anywhere from a couple days to week depending on the size of the knot and the intensity of the self-massage. If you do follow these guidelines you should be able to clear up any muscle knots you may have. But be forewarned that just because you have gotten rid of them that they wont come back.
To avoid muscle knots in the future, I advice to stay consistent with foam rolling and deep tissue massages, which can work wonders and also lower any anxiety that you may have.

How old are you? Have ever had bloodwork done? I'm only asking because I started trt 5 weeks ago and a lot of my chronic injuries are feeling much better since I started.

There is a good book out there called " the trigger point therapy work book" it's only like $14.99 and has helped me in the past.

I wouldn't do much of anything until you get a qualified dr to read your MRI. I don't think. Chiropractor are well versed in that, but I could be wrong. If all of the other measures you have taken didn't work I wouldn't think that self massage would be much better.

I would just wait until this next dr looks at the MRI. Until then try not to do anything to make it worse.

Been dealing with a messed up shoulder for about 10 month stopped working out in January.

Been trying lots of stretchering, ultrasound,tens, cold laser therapy, deep tissue massage, a.r.t (active release therapy ) massage etc,
Band work, cable work, you name it.

Change the way I carry stuff at my night job no overheard anymore I bartend and sometimes would stack trays with empty glasses to take to the back at the end of the night or mid shift if we were busy.

Pain all around the rotator cuff muscles all 4 of them plus some trap pain and neck pain

My chiropractor initially diagnosed it as a coracobrachialis injury, and that was the exact spot where pain with emanate when I would do flat bench or incline or flys. I mean spot on where he did a.r.t I got more range of motion back then ever before.

But the last 4 months the pain rotates around I ice /heat and massage one part of my shoulder another flares up, like trying to chase a fire down with a water hose. He said it might be a torn labrum.

I might get a light workout in where I feel fine no pain and the next day my arm is on fucken fire the bad pain all around.

I got x rays, mri shows no tear my chiropractor could see( i have the mri on cd), fucken doctor didn't even look at the mri just read the report that was given by the place that administered it. Offered PT and pills and I said I been doing fucken pt for the last year its not gonna help those are bandages.

He said fine I could have the concertize shot, This asshole gave me a diagonals of shoulder sprain, didn't even look at the mri and says I can go back to working out the next day, after I haven't for almost a year.

I am worried I might end up with a slap tear from over use at my job.

I am fine with taikng the shot but time frame for when I can go back to the gym?

Should I take time off from work I use my shoulder a lot for trays, shaking drinks, carrying stuff a lot and I can only carry with my left arm.
The next day after work my left arm is on fire, external, internal rotation hurt addcution of my arm hurts its a complete mess.

I am positive my job is making this issue worse so should I take some time off from my job like say a month, work on stretching strengthening, getting some more deep tissue work etc done, increase my range of motion?

I believe its a pinched nerve somewhere.

One last question I have used peptides before would TB or a normal cjc, ghrp combo help with this injury?

I am now older and more fearful of loss of income and health don't want to damage my shoulder in my later years and require surgery then that could be prevented now.

no offense bro but cortisone is shit. it tricks you into thinking you're all healed up and you end up doing more damage without knowing until it wears off, then the bad news. happen to my throwing arm in college baseball, and that was my experience with cortisone. rotator cuff shot. my 2cnts.

So......I see the new second doctor( orthopedic surgeon) on Monday he told me to bring my MRI and and x rays.

My pt is scheduled to start next Thursday have yet to meet the guy waiting for insurance to approve it.

I did get the cortisone shot on Monday its been 5 days and my shoulder feels worse each day, its tighter then ever, almost a complete loss of range of motion, and its sore as hell and weak as hell. I had no problem getting it past 90 degrees now it hurts like hell getting past 90's degrees for any reason.
I have only rested it, no stretching no gym nothing.

I did take a month of from my night job just in case, I am so happy I did now. First doctor told me to workout the next day and take no time off from work I would be dropping stuff left and right cause of pain if I did go into work.

I mean I lift a remote with my left side and I am in horrible pain.

But wtf I know everyone reacts differently, but I thought it was at least going to mask the pain not completely amplify it by 100.

Shot was into the medial delt( sub-acromial) however If this was a "sprained labrum" shouldn't the shot have been from the posteriorial angle in the back going deeper into the joint?

Back