Crawl before I Walk

dark_venom

Hey guys, I’m at a point where I’m to get back into the gym after suffering some pretty crappy injuries. Both shoulders are crap now to where I can barely reach behind me to hold the bar on squats, one knee was banged up, pinched nerve etc. In any case I’d like to hear everyone’s thoughts on the basics (reps, sets, etc.) Here’s where I’d like to begin:

Day 1 – Legs
Squats (freeweight) – legs wider than shoulder width apart to add more ham/glute
Leg Press or sled (machine)
Leg extensions
Leg Curls
Seated Calf raises (machine)
Standing Calf raises (smith machine)

Day 2 – Chest, Tri’s, Shoulders
Flat bench (dumbbells)
Incline bench (dumbbells)
Tricep kick backs (dumbbell)
Cable exercise to finish tri’s
Lateral raises (dumbbells)
Pull aparts (cables)

Day 3 – Back, Traps
Deads
One-armed rows
Pulldowns
Seated Rows
Shrugs

I’m thinking of going with the 10-8, 8-6, and 6-4 range on reps for each exercise. Vets, I’d like for you to chime and assist with this routine, please remember it’s been a while and I need to shake off some gym rust. Cardio will be on an elliptical I have at home with is 25-30 minutes a day, 3 or 4 times a week, usually in the a.m.

if your shoulders are fucked your gonna want to balance out your internal and externtal rotation excersises a lot better and add some rotator cuff work in.

Bro if your shoulders are so messed up that you can't hold your hands on the bar for squats I'd say it's time to see the doc and get the shoulders cut.......yes it'll suck big time because the recovery takes a long time but you'll be able to train with a hell of a lot less pain once you're back 100%.

The last thing I wanna do right now is go back on the shelf. These months have been killing me. I've found that a lot of stretching before the workouts helps, but believe there was a time when I couldn't raise my arm high enough to touch the side of my face, so I've come a long way.

Back