David Boston...Holy Shit...

I grew up with Tom Ackerman who played offensive line for the Saints, Titans and Raiders in the 90's, up til his retirement in 02. He said there is almost NO WAY to juice and not get caught in the NFL today. The testing is random, and sooner or later everyone gets tested.

Apparently he follows the only rule of NFL steroids: deny, deny, deny. EVERY lineman in the NFL and at least 80% of the players other positions use steroids and/or HGH. If you want to claim otherwise, you're just being incredibly gullible.

You can ride on the genetics excuse all you want, but genetics won't explain how the human body can endure the abuse that the NFL exposes it to and to be able to continue playing for 20-24 weeks out of the year.

goiterjoe said:
Apparently he follows the only rule of NFL steroids: deny, deny, deny. EVERY lineman in the NFL and at least 80% of the players other positions use steroids and/or HGH. If you want to claim otherwise, you're just being incredibly gullible.

If all they do is deny it, then how did you ever find out that all lineman and 80% of others are using? You can't argue both ways.

LiftTillIDie said:
Bigger and equally lean or just bigger? If they are bigger and lean then with all due respect I doubt they are natty.

Just bc something is hard to do, doesn't make it impossible.

goiterjoe said:
You can ride on the genetics excuse all you want, but genetics won't explain how the human body can endure the abuse that the NFL exposes it to and to be able to continue playing for 20-24 weeks out of the year.

They're not enduring it. The majority of players have atleast a minor injury that will cause them to sit out for part of a season, whether it be practice or actual loss of game time. They play through injuries practically every game. Get an honest answer from a team before a game as to whether they are at 100% and you would be lucky to get a couple starters saying "yes." Then take a look at the guys that have retired. Every single one of them has some kind of injury or disability, severity depending on luck.

Powerhouse9 said:
what is he weighting, like 250lbs? That would be like 20-30 lbs over most WR's. I would say he is taking.

20- 30lbs? try 50 - 60lbs more There is not many 200lb+ in the league. Hes def looks like TE now.

goiterjoe said:

Apparently you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Like I said, I've know Tom since we were kids and he was 250lbs when he was 16. So by your rationale he's been juicing since he was 12? Tom's in as good of shape now as he was when he was playing. So he's still juicing, according to you? And what about TJ? He's over 300lbs and in-shape, and hardly ever even works out. It's called GENETICS, son. Just because YOU can't get big without juice doesn't mean everyone else on the planet is exactly like you.

Just because YOU can't get big without juice doesn't mean everyone else on the planet is exactly like you..

Now you just sound stupid for making assumptions about me and my steroid use. When I was in high school, I was regional champion in wrestling in the heavyweight divison. I also weighed a solid 270lbs when I played offensive tackle and nose guard. I am naturally gifted to get big and strong without much effort. The only reason I turned to steroids was for the purpose of taking dieting to another level; not because I wanted to get bigger and stronger.

For you to preach that two guys you know are natural because they told you so and they used to be big is just stupid. You may take steroids for the purpose of getting bigger, but I will guarantee you those two guys take steroids for the purpose of increasing recovery times from the rigors of practice and game day. They probably don't need steroids for size and strength, but they do need them to stay competitive at the end of the season.

goiterjoe said:
I will guarantee you those two guys take steroids for the purpose of increasing recovery times from the rigors of practice and game day. They probably don't need steroids for size and strength, but they do need them to stay competitive at the end of the season.

So by your rationale, William "Refrigerator" Perry also juiced in order to play in the NFL? Wow, you sound really, really smart.

By the way, I know these men personally and can guarantee they never juiced. The fact that you insist that two complete strangers who are obviously naturally gifted athletes (and way more talented than you or I) HAD to have used AS is just plain stupidity on your part.

Toronto Argonauts

After spending the 2007 season out of football, Boston signed with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League on April 21, 2008.

Boston was a beast, I used to hate facing him and Jake plummer when they were in arizona a little over 10 years ago or so. Even though Arizona always sucked about once a year Jake the snake used to lead a 4th quarter come back on us.

I think Boston's knee pretty much ended his career in the NFL.

I remember when Boston tested positive for Steroids in 2004. The thing that stood out for me more than anything was his weight gain. Boston was 21 years old and was 6'2" and 206 pounds in his rookie year with the Arizona Cardinals, he was lean and fast like most all other WR's. He was an athlete who had all the benefits of conditioning and training that are available to members of Division 1 schools in the NCAA. What I mean by this is that he was well conditioned and not someone who you would expect to see adding a lot of additional muscle mass. His second year in the pros he weighed 210. The next year he went to 235, then 240 and I believe that when he was at Miami he was 250+. This type of weight gain in just 5 years from someone who has reached maturity and is already well conditioned is a warning flag that steroid use is to be expected. I believe that people who do not work out regularly and are themselves lean can, through a diet and workout regime, add the kind of weight and muscle mass without the use of steroids but it would not be possible for someone who is a professional athlete already. That type of gain would constitute about a 20% increase in weight on what was an already very athletic physique. It also made him less effective as a WR because the extra mass that he was carrying made him slower and less flexible.

Back