Distal bicep (tendon) tear

Slayer

Son of a fucking bitch. Tonight I was doing dl's and felt like a tear in my right bicep. I felt more tingling than pain. Dropped the weight, and my bicep has hiked a bit up my arm. It is definately shorter and higher than the other one. I can move my arm in a curling fashion with a little discomfort. No bruising. Looked it up on line and looks like by bicep tendon tore at the elbow. At least partially.

Anyone suffer from this, and how was recovery.

Thanks

Hey buddy I just did the same thing, no swelling, no bruising. Rt bi peaked alot more than left one. Being doing ultrasound, stems, ice and active release. getting better but olny been 5 days.

Thanks for the info Maverick. But it was a complete distal bicep tear, meaning the bicep tendon tore off the bone at the elbow. I have since had it surgically reattached. The operation was suppose to last two hours, but it got a bit complicated and lasted six hours. I am now about ten-eleven weeks post opp, and just getting back into the gym with light weights.

strictaddict said:
same thing just happened to me with my left bicep, right next to my elbow. still been working out.

I continued lifting right up to the day before surgery. Didn't do any any curls or heavy pulling exercises. Post surgery I had to give it time to heal. They had to pull the bicep down from my shoulder and stretch it to the bone just at the forearm.

But it was a complete distal bicep tear, meaning the bicep tendon tore off the bone at the elbow. I have since had it surgically reattached. The operation was suppose to last two hours, but it got a bit complicated and lasted six hours. I am now about ten-eleven weeks post opp, and just getting back into the gym with light weights.

Ouch! Sad to hear it, however great to hear you got surgery, as this is the only way to correct it. Best of luck in the continuing to re-strengthen your arm!

maverickLA said:
Ouch! Sad to hear it, however great to hear you got surgery, as this is the only way to correct it. Best of luck in the continuing to re-strengthen your arm!

Thanks.

Back