DNP log (starting tomorrow, last minute advice?)

I prefer keeping it at 250mg daily for 1-2months as the sides are minimal and the results are there...just not as quick.

risks of neuropathy increases significantly after 10 days of use even at low doses and the risk only increases over longer periods of time, that is my reason for the shorter cycle. I would rather not risk that for a few more pounds off.

risks of neuropathy increases significantly after 10 days of use even at low doses and the risk only increases over longer periods of time, that is my reason for the shorter cycle. I would rather not risk that for a few more pounds off.

Is that neuropathy similar to what diabetics get? If so then that is not good because those guys are always complaining about their hands and feet.

Is that neuropathy similar to what diabetics get? If so then that is not good because those guys are always complaining about their hands and feet.

Yes it is and it is an extremely unpleasant potential side effect. I am not a fan of DNP (putting it mildly) but it is good to see precautions being taken to try to prevent this from occurring.

Yes.

The problem with PN from DNP is really twofold:
- By the time you actually sense it, its too late & all you can do is discontinue the dnp to prevent further damage.
- It is a TEMPORARY side effect but it takes a very, very long time to go away. For some people that means years.

Longer term use of dnp certainly increases the risk of PN but its still down to genetics - some people will get it & some wont.

The mechanisms behind exactly WHY dnp causes PN are also a complete mystery, which doesn't help matters since their isn't much we can really do to proactively defend against it if we don't know what exactly causes it in the first place.

Yes.

The problem with PN from DNP is really twofold:
- By the time you actually sense it, its too late & all you can do is discontinue the dnp to prevent further damage.
- It is a TEMPORARY side effect but it takes a very, very long time to go away. For some people that means years.

Longer term use of dnp certainly increases the risk of PN but its still down to genetics - some people will get it & some wont.

The mechanisms behind exactly WHY dnp causes PN are also a complete mystery, which doesn't help matters since their isn't much we can really do to proactively defend against it if we don't know what exactly causes it in the first place.

Just to reenforce the bold above I recently read of someone on another forum that was living with this for just over 2 years after running DNP. Now thats not to say its gonna happen to everyone as Ripped aptly pointed out, however it is good to be aware of and to look out for so you dont continue using dnp for weeks thinking it is from something unrelated and will just go away when in fact that would simply cause it to worsen.

Just to reenforce the bold above I recently read of someone on another forum that was living with this for just over 2 years after running DNP. Now thats not to say its gonna happen to everyone as Ripped aptly pointed out, however it is good to be aware of and to look out for so you dont continue using dnp for weeks thinking it is from something unrelated and will just go away when in fact that would simply cause it to worsen.

yea, I'm glad it's becoming more known as a risk. I have heard plenty of people completely oblivious to it doing 20-40+ day cycles on dnp. that's crazy IMO, even without PN risk common sense tells me that's not a great idear... but that's just me. Originally I had considered doing a 250/day/20 day cycle, after learning about PN I opted to go 14 day max and keep it 250 for at least half

May 16
- Dose 500 mg
250mg 10am 250mg 6:15pm

woke up, looked in mirror, can see results. again though I've been doing my part so it's hard to say what's dnp and what's the diet and exercise. I'm noticing all of my visible veins are disappearing, maybe from water retention? Again no appetite, worse than yesterday. I don't want to eat at all, skipped my last nights protein sludge, couldn't do it. This morning I don't know how I could eat anything, meat sounds sickening to me, no carb cravings either. I'd like to stick to keto but I'd like to eat a lot less meat, going to start on heavy lettuce, spinach, greens etc. any other ideas to reduce the meat consumption would be appreciated.

I'm seeing a pattern, I wake up feeling ok, by noon or so I'm dead, need a nap. I lay down for a couple hours and get some good energy in the evening. Sleeping at night has been no problem so far. I feel good at 250 a day and sides are barely existent. I've decided since I'm 4 days in and barely can tell I'm on anything that it's safe to increase to an additional 250mg in evening. My appetite is still low, can't eat anything heavy and am eating mostly salads today.

Dropped 2nd dose 5 hours ago, since I haven't been eating too much my stomach cramped a bit for first half hour. Feel great now, did end up getting a quick workout in basement, heat is rising, but still feels like a sunburn. More comforting heat rather than uncomfortable, wife says I barely feel hot to the touch. Sweating is getting annoying, not dripping, but just always damp. have the fan on tonight, feelsgoodmane. Will go back down to 250 dose tomorrow to make sure it isn't too uncomfortable over a 3 day period.

cals are dropping hard, I'm definitely under 2k today, worried about my protein intake and losing muscle, going to try to get a late night meat snack or protein powder in but might not be able to stomach it.

quick update, I survived first day at 500. Was not bad at all, just a bit of heat, kept a fan on low and even got cold a few times, used blankets most of the night. Seemed like sweating was more of an issue than heat really. DNP sides seem WAY exaggerated so far, does not feel like poison/10, feels clean like it's targeting exactly what it's supposed to with minimal sides. I could definitely see it getting uncomfortable at 750 which I think is unnecessary and won't be doing. I could still work out last night, I don't think a light workout would be possible at 750 and. I will be cruising at 250 today for sure and possibly monday as well, want to make sure the buildup in my system isn't going to sneak up on me. The jump from 250-500 felt significant, so while it's very manageable do NOT take it lightly and just start bumping up a dose a day.

May 17 Day 5
- Dose 250 mg
taken 250mg 10am

So I did 500mg yesterday. It was much different than 250, big step up. I have noticed every time I drop, about a half hour later I get very cloudy headed/zombie like and my stomach burns as the pill dissolves, about an hour later that all goes away and I feel good, then the heat comes but even at 500 was not bad at all, kept a fan on but never felt hot, my sweat and the fan did a great job of expelling heat and I was cold to the touch on skin, even used a blanket for some of the night. Felt good this morning, slept great but still shit for appetite. Couldn't stomach eating until bout 10am when I dropped another 250mg. I'm calling it good with 250 today as I don't want to hit 500 for any two days in a row. The water bloat is strong with me, I look terrible and puffy, some mornings I look like I can see progress and vascularity coming through, but by the end of the day I'm puffy, today I'm just 100% puffy through and through.

I feel like a super zombie today, I'm starting to feel insanely depleted/exhausted/lethargic. I've been in deep keto for weeks with no carb cycle/refeed and a pretty darn heavy cal deficit which has been even more severe the last few days due to lack of appetite. I have 0 cravings for anything and have to force myself to choke down food. was shopping at kroger today and almost lost my balance felt light headed. I think a carb reefed is in order my body is telling me to fuk off right now.

Wen't to dinner with family had a thai noodle, steak, veggie dinner, feel 100% replenished. wow what a difference, I feel like a human again. I was starting to question my longevity here and am thankful it was just a severe need for a carb cycle. I am going to try to go the rest of the cycle in keto again but we'll see what my body says, I was getting scared today. Still have 0 cravings though, need to hit protein powder tonight before bed.

The heat barely hit me from that carb dinner so I don't think I over did it, was barely full leaving restaurant didn't go crazy and bloat out or anything, wen't in pool when I got home to cool off a bit. hit a quick workout (lifts suffering hard) wen't from repping 225 on flat bench to 135 :) feels good to have a home gym right now. Rows aren't suffering much for some reason on body weight, but sets are half at best. No idea on weight, I have a shit scale at home so I'll get to the gym tomorrow and get a good weigh in, feeling HUGELY water bloated.

You're going to be puffy as water retention is common. In fact, you won't even see the true results until you've been off the DNP for a week or two and you shed all that water.

I'd personally recommend adding in some carbs to get your training performance back up, nothing too slow digesting - maybe some fruit preworkout or whatever.

DNP isn't catabolic by nature but anytime your in a caloric deficit and cant lift for the usual intensity your risking muscle loss. IME training intensity (tension on the muscle) is actually more muscle sparing than high protein intake - its literally the most important thing to spare muscle mass.

Also, there is no need for a refeed - DNP depletes glycogen so effectively that it is literally an exercise in futility.

I'd personally recommend adding in some carbs to get your training performance back up, nothing too slow digesting - maybe some fruit preworkout or whatever.

DNP isn't catabolic by nature but anytime your in a caloric deficit and cant lift for the usual intensity your risking muscle loss. IME training intensity (tension on the muscle) is actually more muscle sparing than high protein intake - its literally the most important thing to spare muscle mass.

Also, there is no need for a refeed - DNP depletes glycogen so effectively that it is literally an exercise in futility.

will do, thanks again. all I know is I feel 100x better after that meal. there is no way I could have lifted at all tonight without it so moving in the right direction.

I've taken DNP I bought from China twice. First time was 250mg the first 3 days, then I upped to 400mg for 3 more. I felt hot, but great. Almost like a slight euphoria. Then my feet and back started to give me "pins & needles," and unfortunately, that's a sign of neuritis. I stopped immediately. I then started a second time a month later, and stuck to 250mg dosages. This time, I got pins and needles and stuck with it two more days - it was about 8 days total when I got super-dizzy ALL THE TIME. Apparently, the vestibular nerve is susceptible to damage as well. I'm lucky I'm not permanently dizzy. I was dizzy for weeks after stopping. Now, I get itchy feet and back from time to time - the kind of itch that feels "deep" and scratching just doesn't take care of it. I assume this is from permanent damage done while on DNP.

My advice: if you don't experience neuritis, and stick to a low dosage carefully weighed with a digital scale, good on you. If, like me, you start experiencing side effects - stop, and stay away. Poor me, I had to get to low body fat the old fashioned way. Calorie-deficit, hard workouts, careful macro-nutrient tracking...and some good old ephedrine hcl!

PS - long-time lurker, can't believe this is my first post. :eek:

May 18 day 6
- Dose 500 mg
taken 250mg 9:30am, 250mg 6:30pm

feel great today, slept great. carb meal seems to have me back close to 100%. I have great energy and strength again although slight weakness for obvious reasons. I am back on kept and still no cravings, appetite is a bit better but still need to have more meals. Got good breakfast and dropped first dose, got short morning workout in.

got mid day workout in after lunch wen't good, keeping it light due to injury

wen't to PT for injury, dropped 2nd dose right after and wen't straight to the gym, hit 3rd workout for day and 15min cardio. Finally got a weigh in, get this, 278, water bloated as fuk and still dropped 7lbs in 6 days with the water weight probly even more. I am coming to the premature hypothesis that staying on a relatively low dose of DNP but being ON POINT with diet/cardio/lifts is a much more effective/healthy option than doing a high dose burn fest and lying in bed all day with a fan on. Sides are insanely minimal seriously, if anything my appetite has decreased. For the record though I credit the decrease to me IBS, I have a weak stomach and take prilosec for it otherwise I can't keep anything down so I think the low dose is irritating my stomach enough for me to not want to eat and is outweighing any cravings DNP would otherwise give me. Which is working in my favor very nicely so far.

250mg planned for tomorrow but honestly going from 500-250, the 250 feels like nothing at all, could easily forget I'm on it if not paying attention. yesterday though when I had the carb meal on the 250 I did heat up but it was barely noticeable just felt like sunburn again.

quick update: I dropped the 2nd dose at 6, it's 10:30, barely feel any heat at all, light fan on and comfortable. bout to go to sleep.

Last edited:
may 19 day 7
- Dose 500
taken 250mg 9am 250mg 7pm

Feel good today, a little tired but nothing bad. appetite ok but not great. My body feels sloppy like I have all kinds of fat on me, but I know that isn't the case since I've steadily dropped lbs and DNP is notorious for excessive water retention. It's just hard to look in mirror and see all that puff :) I definitely understand why people overdo it and do dumb shit on DNP. It makes you look kind of fat while on so you think it isn't working and want to take more, If you have good clean supplier and are doing everything you're supposed to sides are almost non existent which makes you think you should take more. I get it. For now, I will be sticking to no more than 500/day and am not planning on doing 500 for more than two days in a row with a 250 day break in there somewhere

wen't down to workout, lifts were weak, injury is bothering me really bad today, going to put the ice on and cool it today

tried to lift again, injury is not having it. I think it's enflamed from PT yesterday or something, going to ice it all day and no more lifting today. was going to go to gym for card but wife is leaving me with kids to go run errands so just watching movies at home. Since I'm here sitting around doing nothing, might do another 250mg.

soooooooo did another 250 at 7pm. it's crazy how after doing the 500, being on 250 is not even noticeable as anything. I figured since I'm sitting on my ass not able to lift or do anything I might as well make it a 500mg night. feel good, hot now but not bad at all barely sweating, have a fan on and it's fine. Wife and I are going on a long date/mini vacation without the kids this weekend so I want to take it light those days so I'm not a pain in the ass all tired and sweaty, going to try and do as many 500mg days as I feel comfortable with from now till friday and then take it easy for our vacation. Feeling bloated, I know it's water but I'll be damned if it doesn't feel terrible to look at. still weighing in light so I know the weight loss is there but psychologically it sucks.

well shit why not just start injecting synthol? I mean if your going to go the instant gratification route. DNP is for lazy people. Do the fxcking work like a man! Things that come easy are not worth it. Instead of looking for the easy way out. Why not challenge yourself build your will power dial in your diet. Unless your already under 10% and trying to burn the last few points off with a quick run like 10 days max. then like Halfwit said you will rebound and will have poisoned yourself for mediocre results. I hate mediocre it makes me angry.

Back