Do Professional Bodybuilders live long?

Drveejay11

I am banned!
It certainly is a healthy way of life however it's demands on the body and endocrine system can be very taxing !

:confused:

in my opinion its hard to compare old shool bbuilders with the ones of today...since its a bit more hardcore now ya know...so youll have a to wait a few years till this gen of BBuilders get older to have your question answered

from the older generation..Arnie is still goin strong..seems somewhat healthy at his age anyway...lol...unless he gets hit by a heart attack i think he will live long enough....

but the guys you want to look at is todays BBuilders....with the amount they take along with what they lift etc etc...i cant wait to see how far the go...im curious really.....

but then again...GH properly used might help thier cause..lolol

FT

Besides professional bodybuilders, athletes at any professional level (NFL, MLB, etc) don't live nearly as long as the non-professional athletic community. Why? Probably due to the tremendous stress that they put their bodys through on a day to day basis. IMO, the recreational steroid user is much healthier because of his lifestyle which in most cases involves less extremes.

NN

Nutrient-Nut said:
Besides professional bodybuilders, athletes at any professional level (NFL, MLB, etc) don't live nearly as long as the non-professional athletic community. Why? Probably due to the tremendous stress that they put their bodys through on a day to day basis. IMO, the recreational steroid user is much healthier because of his lifestyle which in most cases involves less extremes.

NN

I think I would have to agree with this. Your body will slowly breakdown. Exercise is good, but these guys put way too much stress on their bodies.

early death

I agree with you food intakes fats, ect lead to early clogging of arteries and make organs work hard to breakdown toxins from foods, drugs, ect

A 270lb bb consumes and digests probably 5 times more foods than an average non-BB. I know the path I took almost 20yrs ago and never looked back thinking should
We can't fool ourselves and think is 100% safe its not we and have?

your body is like a machine over the yrs it works well but over long rough periods of hard use it will eventually breakdown faster as its working very hard for yrs.

DRveejay11 said:
Itcertainly is a healthy way of life however it's demands on the body and endocrine system can be very taxing !

:confused: [/B]

To much of anything is bad, just be smart, listen to your body. Dont over do anything and you will be fine, if not, thats life, and your risk. Its better to try than not.

Just get your yearly check ups.
:)

Answer, Yes they live long unless something goes wrong. There is obviously more of a chance of something going wrong with extreme bb's than normal guys. If they always get check ups and are monitered by a doctor, they make the possibility of something going wrong alot less.

Kind of hard to know, if you look at Arnold he is what, 55 now? Steve Reves is probably still around, but you are talking about guys born in the 40s, and who didn't do nearly as much or the same types of gear done today (I'm sure EQ wasn't around back then). So, wait about 50 years to see if Ronnie is still around.

I believe Arnie's health problems were congenital(how ever its spelled), meaning they were inherited

Arnie had heart surgery that I recall, but his dad didn't live all that long so I dont doubt some inheritance there. Larry Scott is still kicking, seems in very good health to me.

Bah, anyway, I still think if anyone is at somewhat high risk at all its the NKOTB and they are still to young to judge. Momo is dead, but that was due to dehydration I believe, trying to come in ultra cut one year, somewhere between 88 or 92, I forget.

Mudge said:
Arnie had heart surgery that I recall, but his dad didn't live all that long so I dont doubt some inheritance there. Larry Scott is still kicking, seems in very good health to me.

a lot of guys of the ex generation still look healthy i.e Franco Colombu , Boyer Coe ....

Yep, but again those guys didn't do IMO whats done today. Although Boyer Coe and Lou F. both retained alot of size in thier old age, but who knows what and how much they were doing to keep it. Tom Platz lost all his size though, recently, he looks like a marathoner now.

Back