Do steroids make your veins bigger?

outlawtas

Just wondering why really big (and lean) gusy have such huge veins - do we all have the same size veins, that just come out when we are shredded or do steroids (or size in general) dictate the size of our veins?

I would imagine most of it is genetics...but probably the increase in muscle mass and decrease in fat mass pushes them to the surface a bit more or at least creates that illusion. Increase in blood flow also would streetch the vein itself no?

But have you ever seen arnie's Bicep vein? It's honestly thicker than a pencil. Like a magic marker lol!

Roids Increase The Red Blood Cells..gear Lets More Blood Flow Through The Muscle..therefor Mo Blood Bigger Thicker Veins Over Time..

More muscle requires more blood, so blood volume goes up especially on gear.

You don't make 1200 horsepower on a fuel pump, injectors or fuel lines made for a 150 horsepower car.

Mudge said:
More muscle requires more blood, so blood volume goes up especially on gear.

You don't make 1200 horsepower on a fuel pump, injectors or fuel lines made for a 150 horsepower car.

But what if your genetics give you fuel lines for the 150? Is this the guy that's bound for a heart attack?

LiftTillIDie said:
But what if your genetics give you fuel lines for the 150? Is this the guy that's bound for a heart attack?

I would suppose so, but the veins are elastic. Meaning they become bigger as needed. Probably.

outlawtas2 said:
But have you ever seen arnie's Bicep vein? It's honestly thicker than a pencil. Like a magic marker lol!

Paul Dillet has some freaky veins in his chest and delts. I've never seen chest veins like that before.

GTC said:
Paul Dillet has some freaky veins in his chest and delts. I've never seen chest veins like that before.

man did I ever love his physique, I wish he still competed

I saw an old granny the other day with some serious veins popping out of her legs...looked like she regularily squats 6 plates!

GTC said:

Unfortunately those are varicose veins. Never seen a fat chick?

LiftTillIDie said:

Your body is able to adjust, people aren't born with those huge rope like veins otherwise they'd look kinda fucked up when they were a buck fifty. :laugh4:

You'll remember they told Matarazzo if he hadn't had the vein structure he developed he would have been dead because some of his arteries were damn near 100% shut.

Big veins take away from a physique IMO. Picture Paul Dillet with a couple veins in his arms, a few in his legs, and that it. I bet you would be more impressed with his physique. I don't see that big deal with people that want large veins. They look horrible!

I think vascularity complements big muscle size, making one look ripped up and lean. My vascularity gets pointed out a lot in the gym - a lot of the guys want it. Don't get any from the girls though. lol.

As men we love the vascularity, but for some reason women will never understand it and don't seem to be huge fans.

Back