Does Chrysin Cream work as an AI?

Metalman69

Just got back from Endo visit to discuss my blood test results and high estradiol - 43.7 (range is 7.6-42.6). Her response was to lower my test dosage,(474, range 348-1197) which I declined to do as nicely as possible. Tried to talk to her about arimidex and DIM to get her opinion and she became semi - hostile and said no way was she writing for those. Tried to explain DIM was over the counter/Amazon type supplement and she kinda insisted it was a prescription drug. (?) So, she writes me a script for "chrysin cream 50mg/ml, 0.5ml on skin daily"
Searched this board and didn't find much info, google showed me it is indeed a AI and it looks like I can buy the cream without a prescription anyway.
Anybody use this stuff and does it work? I have already purchased DIM at supplement store and liquidex, but was waiting to talk to doc first.
Any experience or advice on the Chrysin cream? THANKS!

Hello Metalman69,

I don't think the Chrysin will drop your e2 20 pgs. There are other medications that are more effective, hope you are feeling improvement with a tT of 474ng/dl; that is pretty low considering you are on TRT. It sounds like you should be looking further for help with your TRT if you are not getting it from the current physician.

Austinite suggested DIM on TRT protocols in one of his posts. I would encourage to try that.

"Natural Over The Counter AI's:

- DIM (Diindolylmethane) - I use this with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), very effective.
- Resveratrol (pretty weak)
- Chrysin (better than Resveratrol, but still weak)
- Zinc (Decent, but an effective dose is also not healthy)

In my experience, it's always been proven (through blood work) that DIM is the most effective natural OTC product available today. Coupled with an Aromatase inhibitor (AI), it can do some good for you. My testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) protocol is now managed so well, that I don't even use an Aromatase inhibitor (AI), I use DIM solely. Works perfect for me."

What would be considered an effective dose along with an AI? I am currently taking 1mg of Adex a week and would like to add the DIM to my protocol, my E2 fluctuates between 25-35, I feel fine but the acne all over my body is no fun.

Hello Metalman69,

I don't think the Chrysin will drop your e2 20 pgs. There are other medications that are more effective, hope you are feeling improvement with a tT of 474ng/dl; that is pretty low considering you are on TRT. It sounds like you should be looking further for help with your TRT if you are not getting it from the current physician.

Well, to her credit, she does tell me to get tested on the 8th day (injecting every 7 so waiting an extra day for the bloodwork) so I'm at my absolute lowest levels and she says i'm at top of range after injection and middle/normal at lowest point. And I do feel really good compared to when I was at 150's total test.
The Chrysin prescribed is not oral, it's compounded into a cream to rub on skin. This is supposed to make it much more effective than oral chrysin. Do you (or anybody here) have any experience or even heard of this before? Going to pharmacy later to see what I get. Thanks

Went to two CVS pharmacys and they couldn't get this stuff. could get raw powder but couldn't do anything with it. Interestingly enough, my local compounding pharmacy said they could make the stuff, no prescription required. They didn't have the raw ingredient and are going to check prices for me cause I gotta pay out of pocket, so I need to see the cost first.
Maybe this would be another option for those wanting/needing a milder OTC AI...

if she said that DIM is a prescribed drug , i d never trust any thing she says ..
what is stopping u from getting DIM on line and using it?

Very good point! I only go there because I get 6 month Test Cyp prescription for a small copay. And my insurance pays the pharmacy so it's too great of a deal to screw up. I just put up with her pain in the ass, and smile on the way out. I did buy DIM and also liquidex, just deciding what to use, and thought somebody here probably already tried chrysin cream, I can't be the first guy to get prescribed this stuff. And getting the transdermal cream without a prescription, I find interesting.

Metal:

First of all E2 of 43 on the regular assay (vs. Sensitive assay) is NOT high. You are probably really close to the sweet spot for E2. Get the sensitive assay for E2 to see where you are really at.

Next, before taking additional meds, you should trying injecting every 3.5 days instead of every 7. This often has a big effect in balancing your hormone levels out and reducing your E2.

Thanks Megatron, I'm with you on the less meds is better idea, that's why I bought supplies just in case but haven't jumped into using till I get some good advice. I really have no sides other than less than desirable sex drive. Maybe it's just my age. The test I got just said Estradiol 43.7, top range was 7.6 to 42.6.

That is the Regular Assay. It is meant for women and is not accurate at the lower levels found in Men. The rule of thumb is that it is generally 10-20 points too high. That means your E2 is more likely 23-33. But you need to get the Sensitive Assay to know for sure.

Try splitting injections befor you do anything else. It really will lower your E2.

The rule of thumb is that it is generally 10-20 points too high.

Mega is that a fact?
I am looking through few estradiol tests those days (including mine off cycle) and I'm between 25-29
And those are not sensitive assays.
If we ll apply the less 10-20 points my estradiol will be between 5-15.
I'm off cycle 6 months and few of my friends showed me there normal E readings.. All are between (20-35)

That is the Regular Assay. It is meant for women and is not accurate at the lower levels found in Men. The rule of thumb is that it is generally 10-20 points too high. That means your E2 is more likely 23-33. But you need to get the Sensitive Assay to know for sure.

OK, I need some understanding, hope I'm not being too difficult a student.
The test I had been getting on all my previous blood work was "Estradiol-17B" with a range of 10-60. Is this the sensitive test? My last two blood tests were just "Estradiol". Beside results it says "Roche ECLIA methodology" performed at Labcorp, Dublin, Ohio.
I am looking at my blood work order for next time and under the "Gonadal Panel" section the E2 box is checked; same box as always. And my results always have my sex (male) noted on them. So, if the dr and the lab know I am a man and I am getting a gonadal panel, why wouldn't my results be accurate in the range for the given test?
Just trying to gather knowledge, not question yours or be difficult...

Mega is that a fact?
I am looking through few estradiol tests those days (including mine off cycle) and I'm between 25-29
And those are not sensitive assays.
If we ll apply the less 10-20 points my estradiol will be between 5-15.
I'm off cycle 6 months and few of my friends showed me there normal E readings.. All are between (20-35)

General rule based on anecdotal evidence. Not fact. Get the regular and sensitive at the same time and find out for yourself.

OK, I need some understanding, hope I'm not being too difficult a student.
The test I had been getting on all my previous blood work was "Estradiol-17B" with a range of 10-60. Is this the sensitive test? My last two blood tests were just "Estradiol". Beside results it says "Roche ECLIA methodology" performed at Labcorp, Dublin, Ohio.
I am looking at my blood work order for next time and under the "Gonadal Panel" section the E2 box is checked; same box as always. And my results always have my sex (male) noted on them. So, if the dr and the lab know I am a man and I am getting a gonadal panel, why wouldn't my results be accurate in the range for the given test?
Just trying to gather knowledge, not question yours or be difficult...

Listing male defines the reference range. Doesn't change whether it is a regular or sensitive assay.

I don't know what estradiol-17B is. You should ask your lab.

What is the reference range on the Labcorp one? If the top of the range goes to 43, it is the Regular Assay. If it goes up to 70 it is the sensitive assay.

General rule based on anecdotal evidence. Not fact. Get the regular and sensitive at the same time and find out for yourself.

Thnx brother.
Well , where I live I can't get a sensitive assay .. And that's my major problem.
So I use the estradiol (normal) as an indication

Listing male defines the reference range. Doesn't change whether it is a regular or sensitive assay.

I don't know what estradiol-17B is. You should ask your lab.

What is the reference range on the Labcorp one? If the top of the range goes to 43, it is the Regular Assay. If it goes up to 70 it is the sensitive assay.

I called Labcorp and definitely didn't get the sensitive test. Now that I'm understanding this whole subject better, I think its a little silly for a lab to have two tests for the same thing, why not just get the more accurate test to start with?
Thanks for taking time to help me, another sticky just on E2 going into all these details might help us newbs, as I see a LOT of the posts on here are about E2 levels and control.
I still am going to check with the pharmacy on Monday about the chrysin cream, maybe if not me it might help someone else here out.

On day 3 of chrysin cream, gonna be the guinea pig here and try it for a month and get a blood test just so we know if it has any merit at all.
Pharmacist said he didn't think it would do much as an AI and suggested a doctor who prescribes Arimidex for men who come to that pharmacy. I will see how it goes and post results.

On day 3 of chrysin cream, gonna be the guinea pig here and try it for a month and get a blood test just so we know if it has any merit at all.
Pharmacist said he didn't think it would do much as an AI and suggested a doctor who prescribes Arimidex for men who come to that pharmacy. I will see how it goes and post results.

Really DrHouse. I might try it, because arimidex is just maddening to try to dose right. Because going too high or too low is bad. It messes with my libido big time. Any particular brand?

Back