Dostinex and heart valve damage

pineapple

Just saw this on a commercial, one of those lawyer commercials advertising if you got damage from Dostinex you can get monitary compensation. Something about dostinex causing heart valve damage.

macro said:
cabaser has never been linked to any heart problems at the dosage used for treatment of hyperprolactinemia.

the dosage it has been linked to heart problems, which is the dosage used for parkinsons and is 6 plus mg per day, is 12 to 48 times the dosage used for prolactin issues.

its a bit like saying dont take caffeine (600mg/day) because at 7.2 grams per day to 28.8grams per day it causes heart problems or "z".

or dont take your 20mg of adderal because 240mg to 960mg has been linked to "x" (you pick the condition)

or dont take 1mg of letro because 12 to 48 mg of letro per day has been linked to "y".

or 100mg of anadrol vs. 1200mg to 4.8grams of anadrol...etc..

dose is often everything, 5ht2 receptors are the cause of the heart issues. at lower doses there is nearly no interaction with this receptor since it has high affinity for the D2, as the dosage increases interaction with this and other receptors increases. basically its an affinity v. concentration issue. if you increase the concentration eventually you get binding.

for instance testosterone at high enough dosages binds to the estrogen receptor

outlawtas2 said:
Good to know SC/Marco. It was concerning for a while, especially with all the lawsuits.

well with over 500,000 sufferers of parkinsons in the US alone, there are likely a lot of people who received the high dose treatment

LiftTillIDie said:
I wish to electronically link up to macro's brain and upload all the information. How much would that cost?

Sign me up too. The man definitely knows his stuff...

Why should the drug manufacturer be liable for a side effect that they nor nobody else knew about, despite millions and millions of dollars they invested into clinical studies?

they knew or should have known that at those high doses there would be 5ht2 binding, which they should have known from the research on 5ht2 might cause issues. And its hard to say what they really knew, it would not be the first time where research was not released or watered down.

cabergoline is a massively profitable drug, with those high doses and with a large population like that, its easy to see how corners might be cut or issues overlooked.

WHat is a high dose macro? I think I was taing .5mg EW or so.

ALso B6 may be great for comabtting prlatin incduced gyno but what about sexual side effects? Enter cabergoline.

macro said:
they knew or should have known that at those high doses there would be 5ht2 binding, which they should have known from the research on 5ht2 might cause issues. And its hard to say what they really knew, it would not be the first time where research was not released or watered down.
Take a look at the package insert for Dostinex:

http://www.pfizer.com/pfizer/download/uspi_dostinex.pdf

The max dosage stated is 1mg twice/week, much less than 6g/day.

If physicians prescribed more, then they decided to go against the instructions from the manufacturer, endorsed by the FDA.

But the thing is; the overall community of physicians decided that prescribing more way ok. Did they not know that 5ht2 binding might cause this problem? Or perhaps they decided that the benefit was much greater than the risk? That would certainly be reasonable.

I've heard called to have Dostinex removed from the market, thereby removing it as an option for physicians and patients that consider it to be well worth the risk. I reject the notion that this drug should be removed from the market.

roccodart440 said:
WHat is a high dose macro? I think I was taing .5mg EW or so.

ALso B6 may be great for comabtting prlatin incduced gyno but what about sexual side effects? Enter cabergoline.

Since b6 works to block prolactin I would think it would have at least no harmful effect on your sex drive, if not a positive one.

LiftTillIDie said:
Since b6 works to block prolactin I would think it would have at least no harmful effect on your sex drive, if not a positive one.
I'll assume that by 'block prolactin' you mean 'reduces prolactin production'. In this case, I agree with you.

When I'm expecting a special evening (or day), I load up no B6.

I would use Dostinex but the shits too damn expensive for me.

cabaser

hi macro
i have bought 16 tabs a 4 mg, would you think it is dangerous to take
maybe 1 tab every two weeks. when i took one i felt nothing problematic
just the libido worked well.
greetings from germany

Back