Equipoise....better for bulking or cutting?

jozifp103

This is another one I've yet to find use for. Mainly because it seems there are better compounds for either goal, bulking or cutting. Not to mention the fact that it's a slow acting compound and generally high doses are required for optimal results.

It seems to be very versatile however. Seems to have great hardening effects and adds great vascularity on a cut....but supposedly also is good for a bulk due to its tendency to increase hunger. Some say it adds mass at a similar rate to deca. So for those of you who utilize EQ....which goal would you say it's better suited for? Adding mass, or cutting?

In for replies. I too have yet to see a real purpose besides hunger or performance enhancement due to increased RBC production.

I've included EQ in my next bulk, so I'll let you know how once I get into it.

Assuming you are blasting and cruising and that your bloodwork continues to come back good, I actually am inclined to believe EQ could be kept in year round as it does provide benefits for both cutting and bulking cycles. Also, because of it's long ester, it seems impractical to cease use for a month or two and then start again.

Ive ran it twice. At 600mg per week, which isnt a very high dose. So based on that, overall I find the compound to be a TERRIBLE bang for your buck. You need to run it at too high a dose per week, for too long to actually notice its effects. Which arent all that great in the end IMO. If I were to pick its use for some thing it would he a lean bulk. If used in during a cut you would surely go insane with its ridiculous effect on increasing appetite. If used during a full blown bulk youd be dissapointed as the 'mass' just wont be there.

As far as mass rate compared to Deca. Not even close! Deca blows EQ right outta the water in terms of mass AND strength. Ive ran both at exactly the same dose for exactly the same length of time.

Last edited:
I've ran Eq a few times... lowest dose being 600mg, highest dose being 800mg...

Pros - More endurance, added vascularity, granite like appearance at low bodyfat, nice feeling of well-being, reasonably mild side-effects.

Cons - Raised RBC and HCT, increased appetite (if cutting) and the need to run it for bloody ages to see it shine.

Would I run it again? Possibly.
Are there better compounds out there? Definitely.

I would be interested to hear from someone who has ran Eq with Tren - as I have a hunch that the hardening results could be quite spectacular.

BigBen

Last edited:
compounds should not dictate your goals... your diet should..

you can use eq for both cutting and bulking.. though i also agree it might be more advantages in a bulk due to the hunger side effects...

Assuming you are blasting and cruising and that your bloodwork continues to come back good, I actually am inclined to believe EQ could be kept in year round as it does provide benefits for both cutting and bulking cycles. Also, because of it's long ester, it seems impractical to cease use for a month or two and then start again.

Year round use sounds like some serious blood donations. Just being on TRT has me in there a ton!

If you are serious about running Eq year round (and I think you're nuts!) - I would enrol on a frequent blood donor programme asap... once every 4 weeks should suffice!

EDIT: Doh, Halfwit beat me to it...

I don't have the personal experience with EQ that these guys have but let me just say that using a compound that increases appetite on a cut sounds like a pretty stupid idea.

I also agree with Schred - I don't see anything that EQ can do that other compounds can't do better...then you look at the doses/length required to get any benefit from it, etc.

Waste of money in general IMO.

If you are serious about running Eq year round (and I think you're nuts!) - I would enrol on a frequent blood donor programme asap... once every 4 weeks should suffice!

EDIT: Doh, Halfwit beat me to it...

Hey now... I did say assuming your bloods come back fine :p

I don't have the personal experience with EQ that these guys have but let me just say that using a compound that increases appetite on a cut sounds like a pretty stupid idea.

I also agree with Schred - I don't see anything that EQ can do that other compounds can't do better...then you look at the doses/length required to get any benefit from it, etc.

Waste of money in general IMO.

How about tendon strength/repair? I think I saw you mention that once..

How about tendon strength/repair? I think I saw you mention that once..

I'm a fan of it for this purpose but again...GH, TB500, etc are better.

There is a lot of stuff that EQ can do - help with injury recovery, increase appetite, increase vascularity, etc - but I don't see anything that it does BETTER than anything else. That's my problem with it.

There is a lot of stuff that EQ can do - help with injury recovery, increase appetite, increase vascularity, etc - but I don't see anything that it does BETTER than anything else. That's my problem with it.

Excellent point. Thanks for the timely answer :)

I've ran it once and at 1.2g fo 20 weeks.

This was during a bulk and I honestly didn't see anything close to what 1.2g of gear would do, despite having a similar bulking diet to when I ran deca at 600mg last year.

I DID manage to gain the endurance of a marathon runner as I was playing soccer 2x a week and I'd easily run all game at a good speed. So if you're a runner...sure.

Hunger, that came quickly as well. After about 4 weeks I felt an appetite kick which really got me eating at times when I was already quite full. EQ was still in my system as I started to cut...which also made things harder as I was then reducing calories whilst hungry...it was manageable but not optimal!

As for putting on mass, poor choice compared to stronger compounds.

Then there's the blood pressure...it did start to creep up towards hypertension pretty quickly!

I would not run EQ again, I have loved deca and tren - and would even give primo a chance before I re-try eq.

So it appears to be a jack of all trades. None of the other items do everything EQ can do, but they all do their niche area far better.

So it appears to be a jack of all trades. None of the other items do everything EQ can do, but they all do their niche area far better.

Yep, pretty much sums it up!

I don't think people should overlook the raised HCT issues though... if you're on TRT, the last thing you need is even thicker blood.

Yep, pretty much sums it up!

I don't think people should overlook the raised HCT issues though... if you're on TRT, the last thing you need is even thicker blood.

Also another reason I opt out of using EQ. I struggle to keep my HCT in range as it is. I bounce between 48-52 even with regular blood and double blood donations.

Ive ran it twice. At 600mg per week, which isnt a very high dose. So based on that, overall I find the compound to be a TERRIBLE bang for your buck. You need to run it at too high a dose per week, for too long to actually notice its effects. Which arent all that great in the end IMO. If I were to pick its use for some thing it would he a lean bulk. If used in during a cut you would surely go insane with its ridiculous effect on increasing appetite. If used during a full blown bulk youd be dissapointed as the 'mass' just wont be there.

As far as mass rate compared to Deca. Not even close! Deca blows EQ right outta the water in terms of mass AND strength. Ive ran both at exactly the same dose for exactly the same length of time.

This seems to be the feedback in the tail end of the current times as UGLs are manufacturing this at an alarming rate in the past decade... back in my day we did not need much of EQ, Fort Dodge and other veterinary and grades we're absolutely superior... if someone has authentic top quality grade they don't need much of this stuff.. we were running 300mgs back when with outstanding results, vascularity, muscle fullness at the same time staying dry( diet dictated)... I recently incorporated EQ this past summer with some other compounds, once again I was impressed because it does have its purposes...

People are often advocating high dosage, that is rather pathetic if someone needs to run high dosage of a compound because I began to question the quality especially if you have multiple androgens running concurrent..

All of this regurgitated nonsense of having to run it up until 14 weeks to notice any results is laughable..

I often mention that this is not a one-size-fits-all lifestyle, so what works for one guy may not be suitable for the next, but I would not rule out EQ as being worthless quite yet.... quality quality quality!

^^^yeah you're right- EQ has been good to me in cycles ran 400mg and 100mg test- difference response for different t people but you don't necessarily need more. Maybe you need a better diet haha

Next cycle for me is going to be sust/EQ/tbol

Back