Exhaustion in the middle of workout.... help!

enigma94

ok, i'll start of with a little history. I use to work out a lot about a year 1/2 ago but things came up and i didnt have time so it kinda dropped out. Now that i have more time i've been hitting the gym lately.

I'm about 2 weeks into it and i am having severe exhaustion issues. I never had this problem before so i'm really not sure whats causing it or how to fix it.

I generally dont eat much of breakfast or lunch seeing i dont have much time durring the day. But i try to get atleat a bar in for breakfast and something decent for lunch. so I dont think it has to do with diet. I also get about 8-9 hours of sleep as well, every night. so i kinda eliminated that. so i'm not sure what the hell is causing this problem.

I run on the treadmill for approx 10min ( arround a mile) before i hit the weights to warm up. and about halfway through my workout i am DEAD tired. someties i cant even get to the halfway point, and its really hurting me seeing i cant do the needed reps and sets.

Does anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this or how i can fix it?

Thanks for the help in advance!

diet, you said yourself that you don't have much for breakfast or lunch.
If I didn't each much during the day I would be exhausted without even going to the gym

rubberduckyo said:
You already know what the problem is. Why ask the question?

If i already knew i would havt bothered to post this. care to enlighten me?

I thought it might be the diet, so ive made sure to eat a decent breakfast and lunch now, but i'm still having the same issues...

I add cardio if I get winded during my normal routine... also your diet dosn't sound so good. Have you thought about adding creatine? It helps me in my secondary exercises (though I don't take it anymore). Also how often do you work out... every day may be overtraining.

enigma94 said:
I thought it might be the diet, so ive made sure to eat a decent breakfast and lunch now, but i'm still having the same issues...

by the time midday come around I have usually already eaten 2-3 times

why don't you post up your training programme and your diet, then someone might be able to point out what you can tune up.

I used to use creatine, but im cutting so i dont want the water retension. once i bulk i will use it again.

Diet:

9am = fruit bar, or actual fruit
12pm = Rice/beans, or sanwhich. usually a decent size meal
9pm = Protien shake after workout and normal dinner.

Im thinking maybe i should eat something small arround 3-4pm?

Workout: 10min on treadmill before every workout

Monday : Chest, tricepts,abbs
tuesday : legs, bicepts, calves, abbs
Wednesday : Back, shoulders, abbs
thursday : chest, tricepts, abbs
friday : legs bicepts, calves, abbs
Saturday : rest
sunday : rest

If you need to know exactly what i do as far as exercises let me know. its pretty extinsive so i just did that real quick.

Thanks guys!

enigma94 said:
I used to use creatine, but im cutting so i dont want the water retension. once i bulk i will use it again.

Diet:

Well holly hell! No wonder you can't work out! I would barely be able to stand on my own two feet w/ BARELY eating a breakfast, and then not eating for 9 hours straight! You're getting maybe 150 calories for breakfast w/ zero protein for starters. And for lunch it sounds like you're barely getting any calories there, I'm gonna guess 2-300 tops, w/ minimal protein and then you're starving yourself for 9 hours. You have to eat brotha! I seriously ate more than that when I was a kid!

dude you seriously need to eat heaps more.
try and get some protein with each meal ( your daily aim should be at least 1g per pound of body weight)

try and eat about every three hours. if you can't do that, at least eat three decent sized meals a day. most people in this forum would eat your daily total in one meal

Vennom96 said:
Well holly hell! No wonder you can't work out! I would barely be able to stand on my own two feet w/ BARELY eating a breakfast, and then not eating for 9 hours straight! You're getting maybe 150 calories for breakfast w/ zero protein for starters. And for lunch it sounds like you're barely getting any calories there, I'm gonna guess 2-300 tops, w/ minimal protein and then you're starving yourself for 9 hours. You have to eat brotha! I seriously ate more than that when I was a kid!

Hahaha. i really have never eaten much. and when i did i was bulking so im trying to figure out a good diet for cutting. I need to burn all this fat that ive aquired in the past year.

I'll try getting some more protien in earlier in the day and more calories. Whats a general number of calories where i'm not going to die at the gym but still be able to get rid of this excess fat?

you should read those sticky's.... you may wanna start in the diet and nutrition threads...

enigma94 said:
Whats a general number of calories where i'm not going to die at the gym but still be able to get rid of this excess fat?

That depends on your size and metabolic rate. Personally, when I'm lifting AND doing cardio, 3750-4000kCals/day is a good cutting level for me......I tend to lose about 1-2lbs/week with that level and cardio. (if I'm not able to get in good workouts or do cardio though, I can look at food and gain weight........my basal metabolism has got to be one of the slowest on earth). It all just depends on you individually bro.

is this thread a joke or what? a 1 year old girl eats more than you do. you cannot be serious. and you the same one giving bench advice. =0l

Well I think the problems are lack of diet like everyone else. Here's some tips:

Eat
Don't do abs every single day
Do cardio AFTER instead of before your workout

I agree, you really need to fix the diet bro.

EAT
DONT do abs every day
DONT do cardio on the days you do weights.

Do cardio every other day.

Do each body part only once a week. JMO.

A cutting diet Starts at 3000 calories a day. You still need about 300 grams of protein daily. You would be better off eating a protein bar instead of a fruit bar. The protein bar has vitamins in it.

Instead of resting on 2 consecutive days, rest on wednessday instead of saturday.

enigma94 said:

Diet:

Workout: 10min on treadmill before every workout

Monday : Chest, tricepts,abbs
tuesday : legs, bicepts, calves, abbs
Wednesday : Back, shoulders, abbs
thursday : chest, tricepts, abbs
friday : legs bicepts, calves, abbs
Saturday : rest
sunday : rest

If you need to know exactly what i do as far as exercises let me know. its pretty extinsive so i just did that real quick.

Thanks guys!
You guys should stop telling the guy to eat more and tell him he's overtraining.

U're cutting and trying to burn fat. WTF!! how can u get fat off the diet u say u're eating?? For one thing your body is probably in starvation mode and packing every little extra calorie into fat cuz u're not eating shit man. Start eating more. Drink some milk. Eat protien, carbs, fruits and lots of vegies. How long have u been working out?? U must be a newbie, not trying to be a dick, but u really need to eat some decent food and alot of it. THen see how much your enegry improves. Eat some carbs 2 about 1hr before your workout. That will help alot w/energy. U should be eating like 6 meals a day. I don't care if u're cutting or not, u should still be eating often, maybe not a ton of food ea. meal, but eating often to keep your metabolism running. Good luck man.

inked1 said:
you don't think he needs to eat more? This isn't a fucking anorexic convention mate
First the guy needs to stop overtraining. Second, yes he is not eating enough, especially for training a bodypart twice per week. Numbnuts.

Back