Farting, godamnit!

kapaowow

OK, We all do it heaps and they stink like you've got a dead rat up your arse. But what can we do about it? If we hold it in, it bloats us out and isnt good for the insides. But if we let them out, all hell breaks lose!
I know that taking charcoal tablets helps settle intestinal gas and bad guts, but your not supposed to take them too often coz they are a little bit toxic (I think?).
So has anyone got any idea's how we can calm down the stench, before I lose all my friends???:bootyshak

hehe gotta love those t00ts! :p
try ginger root or papaya enymes.. both aid in protein digestion.. I have noticed a considerable amputn of relief from them!

lol....sorry, not funny.:D
No seriously, ginger root should help you with protein digestion. And as Jen said the papaya enzyme may also help. The papaya enzyme is available in yummy chewable tabs that you can chew just before you eat. Try taking 500-1000mg of ginger root before a large protein portion. Good luck hun!:D

Thanx, Ill give those ideas a try.
At least you ladies were'nt afraid to address this subject. Didnt see any feedback from the guys??? (they proberly dont give a damn? haha!). :)

kapaowow said:
Thanx, Ill give those ideas a try.
At least you ladies were'nt afraid to address this subject. Didnt see any feedback from the guys??? (they proberly dont give a damn? haha!). :)
sorry bro when i saw the thread i thought you were bragging:D

I have similar gas related problems. Here is the funny part. I've been on CKD for about 7 months. During the week(fat/prot)portion of the diet, absolutely no digestive problems. When carb-ups roll in, I get serious gas. Would the ginger root still help if it's not a protein problem?

scotty2 said:
I have similar gas related problems. Here is the funny part. I've been on CKD for about 7 months. During the week(fat/prot)portion of the diet, absolutely no digestive problems. When carb-ups roll in, I get serious gas. Would the ginger root still help if it's not a protein problem?

hmm if the protein during the week is not bothering you, it may be an intolerance to complex carbohydrates on the carb ups,
are you eating clean food or junk during the weekend?

I got my worst bout of gas one day after eating 4 separate meals of baked potatoes, salad, cottage cheese and chicken breast. I suppose the baked potatatoes had alot to do with it? Also Ive noticed when I open up my plastic container of chicken breasts it honks a bit too. So maybe its the chicken?

atherjen said:
hmm if the protein during the week is not bothering you, it may be an intolerance to complex carbohydrates on the carb ups,
are you eating clean food or junk during the weekend?

Clean................yams, brown rice, oats

kapaowow said:
I got my worst bout of gas one day after eating 4 separate meals of baked potatoes, salad, cottage cheese and chicken breast. I suppose the baked potatatoes had alot to do with it? Also Ive noticed when I open up my plastic container of chicken breasts it honks a bit too. So maybe its the chicken?

How much dairy do you consume in a day? Perhaps the dairy is causing the problem. My brother- in- law is lactose intolerant and when he eats dairy, he gets really gassy! lol...just a thought. :)

I drink 1 litre (3.78 litres =1US Gallon) of UHT milk, and 1 yogurt 500g with 1 tablespoon of whey added daily. Other meals may include an egg or 2, cottage cheese or mozarella.
But I feel pretty sure it was the baked potatoes coz their high in iron and fibre, and Ive been farting again since eating them all day yesterday.
Eating alot of boiled eggs also set me off (but then pealing them always smells bad!!). To be honest I need to eat more of them, but I work in PR so dont want to be spending all day holding in smelly gas. I get most of my protein from tuna, chicken, turkey and whey.
Maybe Ill cut out diary for a week to see what happens to my body?

kapaowow said:
I drink 1 litre (3.78 litres =1US Gallon) of UHT milk, and 1 yogurt 500g with 1 tablespoon of whey added daily. Other meals may include an egg or 2, cottage cheese or mozarella.
But I feel pretty sure it was the baked potatoes coz their high in iron and fibre, and Ive been farting again since eating them all day yesterday.
Eating alot of boiled eggs also set me off (but then pealing them always smells bad!!). To be honest I need to eat more of them, but I work in PR so dont want to be spending all day holding in smelly gas. I get most of my protein from tuna, chicken, turkey and whey.

Yes, do try to cut the dairy out for a week and see if perhaps it's that that's causing the gas. :)

kapaowow said:

HOLY CRAP! No wonder you have gas.. My wife would divorce me if I drank all that Milk..

test will help you digest :D Stop eating that much in the same meal. Farting from carbs is more common than protein if you work out.

One liter of milk ain´t that much...but I´ve felt the higher fat the milk is, the severer farts I get. And the opposite with non-fat milk.

Weird...

I actually find that I bloat up and get most gassy after eating carbs. I did a week of Atkins, and was AMAZED at how flat my stomach stayed. Has some sugar and some carbs, boom - bloated. VERY sensitive to carbs here.

kapaowow said:

if you find that cutting out the dairy works and you miss milk look for Lacteeze milk(lactose is removed) in the grocery store, they have skim and 2%.. IMO it tastes SO much BETTER than regular milk and Im drinking the skim type. just an idea.

Back