Felt really agitated at work today!

BigStu81

Hey guys,

Today I felt real agitated for the first time since starting TRT.

Long story short, I'm a few weeks into a new job at my company and today I attended my first big meeting in my new role. It was a technology discussion, mainly attended by senior managers and directors, and my boss mainly wanted me there just to get me clued up and take some notes down. I wasn't really actively participating as it was all high level budget stuff.

I've not slept particularly well for the last two nights, but nothing too bad (5-6 hours each night). In fact, I was surprised at how energetic I felt this morn.

Anyways, the meeting starts and we go round the table introducing ourselves. I, in a moment's error, introduced myself as my previous job title and had to quickly correct myself which was a bit embarrassing but nothing too bad. The girl next to me was from my previous team and she's bit of a smug bitch in general to be honest but I normally ignore her. I caught this smug smile in my peripheral vision and it really irked me. I was really annoyed with myself for this stupid mistake and just couldn't let it go although I knew I was being totally over dramatic.

Fast forward a few hours and I feel like I'm actually scowling like a moody teenager! Had to keep forcing myself to smile and nod and was paranoid I was looking bugged out. This one guy was droning on and on about data and I started feeling REALLY impatient. Kept thinking he was going to finish and then he'd write something else on the board. I actually felt really angry towards him for a bit!

This is the first 6-7 hour meeting I've been in for months and they're always boring. But today wasn't normal by any stretch! I'm normally just trying to avoid yawning (it's always uncomfortably warm) but today I was getting increasingly impatient and agitated to a pretty worrying degree...

Any advice?

EDIT: when I left work I was feeling a bit frazzled/wired. Like the 'I've drunk waaay too much coffee' kind of feeling.

Last edited:
I think you're edgey or anxious due too your test levels being at cycle doses with no e2 control... very possible to me moody and anxious from high e2.

On another note the meeting sounds pretty fucking boring and I could never work a job that required me to sit thru that shit so kudos to you.

I think you're edgey or anxious due too your test levels being at cycle doses with no e2 control... very possible to me moody and anxious from high e2.

On another note the meeting sounds pretty fucking boring and I could never work a job that required me to sit thru that shit so kudos to you.

Yeah, I think you're right. I just needed to get it off my chest man.

These meetings aren't a regular thing normally. I work for a big manned guarding company so most of my time is spent talking with security guys and going out to our sites etc. Because I'm always out and about and doing different stuff it keeps me from getting too bored, although my concentration has been a bit rubbish lately.

I think it was a combination of being tired, a little pissed off, and having to sit still in a stuffy room for hours on end. I was really feeling fidgety and a bit claustrophobic after a few hours had passed.

Good news is that my GP called today and said that he's happy to run my bloods through the NHS. The endo he consulted has vetoed the possibility of my testosterone being subsidised however, but I'd already decided I'd rather stick with my private doc than be treated by the NHS (who would possibly be reluctant to prescribe an AI etc or get my level above 15nmol etc).

Good news is that my GP called today and said that he's happy to run my bloods through the NHS. The endo he consulted has vetoed the possibility of my testosterone being subsidised however, but I'd already decided I'd rather stick with my private doc than be treated by the NHS (who would possibly be reluctant to prescribe an AI etc or get my level above 15nmol etc).

I would stick with the doc who is okay with you having a strong test level, sounds like you are not in the US so I know it can be a little different elsewhere. Even here... my GP said no one on TRT should be seeing test levels of 700+, she says 400 is good, she also refuses to check e2 but rather total E which is useless. The only thing she is useful for is ordering general wellness labs thru my insurance.... that's about it. This is why I came over to IMT for now, that got me legal and a normal protocol.

Maybe you can ask your doc about shots? Much less fluctuation there and e2 tends to me lower with shots versus the gels, plus shots are literally so easy nd simple. Its to the point now where I can pin myself in under 10 minutes and then its over, no waiting to shower or anything and it is also way cheaper. Not sure how your insurance works but maybe you could save a bunch of money that way.

I think the situation you described above is the right combination to make anyone a little pissy at times, that high e2 will not help and ultimately having your e2 in check is better for your health.

i notice agitation any time i change my test dosage..

even when i lower the dosage i go through a phase of short tempered 3J..

i think it has something to do with dht balancing out

I feel much better today, so think I was just cranky from a few days of bad sleep and having to spend hours sitting in a chair listening to rambling tech nerds.

My doc said that injections are an option, he mentioned Sustanon and Nebido. Said that he's happy to let his patients self inject rather than have to keep coming in. He did say though that gels often raise sex drive quicker - think it was due to dht converting in the skin or something.

Current arrangement is that my private doc emails my GP with what he wants tested and I pop in after work and get my bloods done (for free). I can see this working well.

Back