Few questions on new routine starting today

evansss

GET BIG
well im switching from dc finally. im gonna use PB's template he gives in the deadlift sticky a try for a month or two and see how it workouts (no pun intended) Few questions though..for those of you who've done it before....

please refresh my memory on when doing hips on day 1, im guessing this is the one that you start with your legs together (can never remember if its add or abduction. Refresh my memory on pullthru's also, what the fuck is a pull-a-part. and when it says to rotate deads each week, does that mean sumo vs. conventional or dimmel, romanian etc...and if so what the fuck is a dimmel deadlift?

lotta shit i either forgot how to do properly or never did them. help a brovah out. :afro:

I am sure big Pullinbig will chime in..let me help ya out a bit.

Hips- ad(squeeze)\abductor(spread) machine 1 set of each on leg day after hams

Pullthrus- Take a bottom pully back to the stack and pull the rope between your legs ..treatin it kinda like a stiff leg.

Deadlift variations- you cant pull off the floor every single week while squating on mondays as well...too hard on the cns. So; he listed a bunch of variations sldl's, rack deads, and floor deads just alternate them each week.
Dimmel deads i have never done but they are more of an explosive movement(http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=33919&tid=102).

Pullaparts are done w\bands ..but you can use a rear delt machine or db's on an incline bench stomach on bench.

No routine should be given only 4 weeks...give any routine months to see hwo you respond...IMO

Last edited:
mister69 said:

Pullthrus- Take a bottom pully back to the stack and pull the rope between your legs ..treatin it kinda like a stiff leg.

Deadlift variations- you cant pull off the floor every single week while squating on mondays as well...too hard on the cns. So; he listed a bunch of variations sldl's, rack deads, and floor deads just alternate them each week.
Dimmel deads i have never done but they are more of an explosive movement(http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=33919&tid=102).

What up 69? Whats a dimmel deadlit. I love rack pulls and I usually do conventional roman deads but ive never heard of dimmel's. hit me up on pm if you dont mind? if you know of a clip that woud be great. how were your squats last night?

Totally agree every routine should be tried for at least 3 months.

mister69 said:

Pullaparts are done w\bands ..but you can use a rear delt machine or db's on an incline bench stomach on bench.

No routine should be given only 4 weeks...give any routine months to see hwo you respond...IMO

Thanks for clearing that up bro. i did the abductors today but in the future im going to do 1 set of both... the pullthru's are where you start with the weight at your feet almost and then pull up to the celing kinda? hard to explain, looks like the cable is going to cut your balls off...? any suggestions on rotating the dead work. also, i did box squats today instead of regular squats, whats the difference between those....also, can sombody whose done reverse hyper's comment on form please. i got on the machine for the first time in my life, and i got a REALLY bad twinge of pain, like a shocking feeling in my spine. im assuming it was from bringing my legs down too far.

also, i never train on a program for only a month, i was on dc for the past 4 months, and prior to that, the 5x5 for around 8 or 9 because i like it so much.

Back