filtering

stiphy

In between cycles
Im getting ready to try my first homebrew. Im trying to decide if i should go with syringe filters for filtering or with a disposable millopore system. One of my questions is, how much can you filter through a syringe filter? 10ml, 20ml, or more. how many would I have to buy if I was making 50ml of test e?

I think it depends on a couple factors, for example whether the oil is food grade or USP prefiltered.

I've heard of 50ml being run through a single syringe filter but I personally wouldn't order just 1!! Even if it is possible with only filter, there is nothing worse than a filter clogging or bursting on you and not having another one on hand to finish the job!! Order 3 just to be safe, they are cheap, just think about how much you'd be paying for 5 vials on the street.

Im getting ready to try my first homebrew. Im trying to decide if i should go with syringe filters for filtering or with a disposable millopore system. One of my questions is, how much can you filter through a syringe filter? 10ml, 20ml, or more. how many would I have to buy if I was making 50ml of test e?

50ml of gear is not nearly enough to warrant buying a bottletop filtration unit and the vacuum source necessary to run that system.
As for syringe filters, as long as you get Whatman GX/D PVDF .22 filters you should be able to get 20 or so ml out of each one. Just make sure to filter your product while it is still hot.... around 80 or so degree C.
On the contrary, I only filter 10ml for every syringe filter reguardless.

Back