First Batch (Please review befor I begin)

MCMOW

I am going to write the pricise steps I will be using for you to critique. I have done alot of research and want to be sure before I start. I have a few questions at the end and would apreciate any extra input or advice.

I will be convering 100 grams of test Propianate. I will be doing so in 4 different rounds making 250ml per round. I will be using this recipe:
(Grapeseed oil, 2% BA & 20% BB @ 100MG per ML)
Grapeseed Oil 176.25ml
Powder 25grams
BA 5ml
BB 50ml
According to a roid calculater above is the ingrediant amounts.

I will be Using pure unfiltered Grapeseed oil from market, It will be sterlized when I filter the finished mixed product.

Step (1) I will put 5ml ba, 50ml bb and 25 grams of test-P Powder in a 500ml beaker in a frying pan with an inch or two of water in the pan.. Using a thermomiter stir rod I will stir while heating this mixture to 95 degrees.

Step (2) As bb and ba mixed with powder hits 95 degrees and turns clear. I will stir in 171.25ml out of the 176.2ml of GSO slowly only adding a little at a time and keeping temp to 95 degrees. While saving the remaining 5cc's in a syringe to later wash out the 5 whatmans I will be using to filter 50ml each, this will allow me to rinse each filter with 1 cc of gso.

Step (3) I will turn the stove down and try and maintain 85 degrees while filtering with a .22 Whatman syringe filter.

Filtering details. Using a 10cc syringe with a 18-20 gauge needle I will draw 10ccs of prop then replace with the whatman filter and attach the needle to the end. I will insert the .22 whatman/syringe ino a 250ml meadia bottle with the screw on cap with rubber stopper so it will be sealed while filling it up with the propianate. I will be using 5 seperat whatmans so I will be filtering 50mg per filter.

Questions
1) How long does it take to push 10cc through a whatman?
2) After each 10ml pushed through, do I remove the whatman and draw up another 10cc and put the whatman back on? I was thinking about back filling the syringe with another syringe but thought pulling back on the plunger with a whatman attached could be a bad idea?
4) Is 250ml neaarly impossable with a whatman? How long would it take? Should I use a nalgene MF75 Sterile Bottle top screwed onto a glass media vial instaed? I already have a mityvac brake bleader from advanced auto that I can use for vacume. I have just hear countless people say these things suck and the filter glue always gets ate up even without EO.

Looks good, there's just a few things I would tweak personally. Drop your BA to 2% as thats all that needed 3% being the most, 5% is a little high. My conversion calc is set on 5% also but there's no need.

When heating, dont use a pan of water, I have a glass/ceramic stove top so I just set my beaker on top of that, water just complicates and is not needed. Unless your stove top is the coil type, then i'd just buy a cheap hot plate.

As far as temp, when turning the powder to liquid in ba/bb I honestly just put it on number 3 on the dial which is probably around the 150 f area. Really all you need is enough heat to dissolve the powder. Once the oil is added that temp is still enough.

I find that putting the stove on 1 or low works best for keeping warm while filtering. remember to be careful when the level goes down as it will heat up faster and hotter. This is why I like hot plates as I can have it all set in front while I filter.

Filtering 10cc/ml through a whatman takes 5-10mins if I can remember, it's a very slow process. For the amount your doing, bottle tops are a better way to go and you can do it all at once. For ex: if you do 500ml, make sure you buy the filter rated for 1000ml as they really can handle their suggested max without clogging/taking a shit. When I syringe filter 100ml it takes roughly an hour to do so. You can back load if you'd like, I just unscrew from filter.

I've heard of problems with the bottle tops fucking up bc of EO, but I havent had a problem yet but I also haven't used EO with it either. A glass media bottle is a must imo for bottle tops. Honestly, regarless of how you filter, it takes forever and sucks. It'll take atleast 3-4 whatmans to do 250ml also.

Last edited:
Thanks again chris, you have been a big help. I purchased 4 nalgene 500ml Bottle tops and the glass media vials. I also grabbed 10 .22 whatmans as back up incase I blew out a nalgene filter. Im going to run only 250mg per 500mg bottletop as you mentioned. So it will be 4 batches. I was thinking about using 2 1000ml bottletops for a total of 1000ml but figured 4 batches would be better if for some reason I messed up the first one. I honestly dont see my self messing up because I feel its quite simple but I would rather be safe then sorry. Seriously though, thanks again. Anybody else have any advice or am I ready to do this?

Cool, sounds like your ready to go. It's really simple especially when using a conversion calc so it's pretty hard to mess up. IMO the most important step aside from filtering is dissolving the powder in ba/bb until it's clear. Good luck, it's a lot of fun. I'm gonna start playing around with EO now. I like when it's thin, I find safflower oil alone is really thin as it is also.

If what I read is correct then your BB and BA ratios are fine. 2% and 20% is what I read in the OP.
Ditch the water, moist brews suck sometimes and is just an unnecessary risk imo.
I personally use 95 degree C because when you push the limit with HIGHER concentration gear like TEST 400 and 450 it doesn't hold if not taken to 95 or so. It gets clear but once it cools it crashes. SAME THING with CYPIONATE at 250-300 range. So I just like to take the temp up to 95 which is a good sound temp and works everytime.
If you are using REAL whatman GD-X filters then it should take no more than 1 min to 1 1/2 min to filter a 10ml sample! FIltering at around 85 degree C helps keep this time in that range, the cooler your product get prior to filtering the higher that number becomes! Takes longer to squeeze it through the filter the cooler it is. The filter is heat capable up to a "CLAIMED" 150 degree C so about half of that I would say is perfectly safe as it works like a charm for me. If using CHEAP whatman filters that lack prefilters expect that your filter time will increase!
1 whatman filter will successfully filter 100ml without much problem at normal dosage gear!!! That capacity drops as the dosage of your gear increases. Filtering more than 100ml with 1 filter starts slowing down the filter time for each 10ml.
USE sterile sanitized practices and remove the whatman filter every time you go to suck up more product and you will be fine. If in an unsterile invironment cease ALLL brewing immediately and CLEAN YOUR WORKSPACE!!! Wipe things down with alcohol clean your surfaces well and then resume your brewing adventure because at the levels of brew you are claiming to be brewing and filtering, this product will be making it's way into more people than just your body and that would be real shitty of you or anyone to do to someone else!!!

As always, great advice above. I'm able to filter 10ml within a minute like starks says and the only time I had issues filter 100ml through one filter was with a batch of Tren. I just played it safe and did a batch of 120ml and used one filter for every 60ml.

If what I read is correct then your BB and BA ratios are fine. 2% and 20% is what I read in the OP.
Ditch the water, moist brews suck sometimes and is just an unnecessary risk imo.
I personally use 95 degree C because when you push the limit with HIGHER concentration gear like TEST 400 and 450 it doesn't hold if not taken to 95 or so. It gets clear but once it cools it crashes. SAME THING with CYPIONATE at 250-300 range. So I just like to take the temp up to 95 which is a good sound temp and works everytime.
If you are using REAL whatman GD-X filters then it should take no more than 1 min to 1 1/2 min to filter a 10ml sample! FIltering at around 85 degree C helps keep this time in that range, the cooler your product get prior to filtering the higher that number becomes! Takes longer to squeeze it through the filter the cooler it is. The filter is heat capable up to a "CLAIMED" 150 degree C so about half of that I would say is perfectly safe as it works like a charm for me. If using CHEAP whatman filters that lack prefilters expect that your filter time will increase!
1 whatman filter will successfully filter 100ml without much problem at normal dosage gear!!! That capacity drops as the dosage of your gear increases. Filtering more than 100ml with 1 filter starts slowing down the filter time for each 10ml.
USE sterile sanitized practices and remove the whatman filter every time you go to suck up more product and you will be fine. If in an unsterile invironment cease ALLL brewing immediately and CLEAN YOUR WORKSPACE!!! Wipe things down with alcohol clean your surfaces well and then resume your brewing adventure because at the levels of brew you are claiming to be brewing and filtering, this product will be making it's way into more people than just your body and that would be real shitty of you or anyone to do to someone else!!!
Thanks Jstark, You have been very helpful to me. Honestly Im not planning on slangin gear I just had to purchase a minimum order of 100g and figure I would just brew it all up. Regardless I do understand the importance of sterility. I have taken all precausions with a clean room area that I have thourouly scrubbed with bleach and taped all vents closed to keep air moving dust around. I will also be wearing gloves and face mask. I beleive im not using the cheap whatmans. I ordered the .22's from RLS.

I have received my powder today and do have some conscerns with looks and smell. It has no order at all, maybe a slight plastic or chemical smell but very faint. I posted a new thread "Is my test-P powder g2g?" with detailed conserns and picture. Would you mind checking out my thread and letting me know what you think. I just posted today and should be at the top of the page. Again, thanks for your advice now and from a few weeks ago also too.

Back