First Pin....Major Screw Up

Second pin done. Def less anxiety than the first but it was still there. Tried the glute this time....Not doin that again. What a pain in the ass (no pun intended) tryin to turn around and not move the needle all over the place once it's in. Think I'll be stickin to vastus lateralis and deltoids this cycle. Also tried locating the area for a ventro-gluteal following the procedure of placing you palm on the greater trochanter, pointer finger toward anterior iliac crest and fanning out the middle finger but the "safe area" felt so tight like it was tendonous tissue I passed on pinning there.

Starting stats are here steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/615771-newbie-here-after-research-seeks-input.html

I did up the diet to around 4000 cals a day, which reminds me, it's about time for another meal. I'll see if I can turn this into a log and keep it updated every week or so as the cycle progresses.

Why do it in the thigh if the ass is so much more painless?

I think for some it's the easiest spot because you can see it. If you're a novice it makes sense. I still do thigh, but I'm still fairly new and I haven't had a bad experience with it other than PIP so far.

Why do it in the thigh if the ass is so much more painless?

To me the thigh was totally painless while the ass hurt. I did use a 23g 1.5" for the glute and the thigh was only a 1" 25g which may have something to do with that. But the thigh just seemed way easier rather than twisting around reachin backwards which was very awkward. I wiggled the needle around a lot while doing that and I'm sure I'll pay for it over the next few days.

Last edited:
i remember my first pin

my hands were shaking so badly i accidentally buried the needle in my leg when i was still trying to line it up. Said fuck it and went with it lol, smooth sailing ever since

I think for some it's the easiest spot because you can see it. If you're a novice it makes sense. I still do thigh, but I'm still fairly new and I haven't had a bad experience with it other than PIP so far.
Yeah. Makes sense. I have never tried to stab myself in the butt so I don't know how it looks and/or feels to be trying to do it from that angle.

To me the thigh was totally painless while the ass hurt. I did use a 23g 1.5" for the glute and the thigh was only a 1" 25g which may have something to do with that. But the thigh just seemed way easier rather than twisting around reachin backwards which was very awkward. I wiggled the needle around a lot while doing that and I'm sure I'll pay for it over the next few days.

Yeah. If it's awkward (I wouldn't know) then the thigh seems to be the next most logical place.

My only concern is I hear soooo many guys hitting nerves in their thighs and never in their butt. I think I will stick with the awkwardness over the pain any day

I use to only do thigh injects for a while and I think I've got a ton of scar tissue built up in there because it is painful going in and bleeds everytime now! If I am pinning myself I prefer dels and pecs. Both are right there to see and pretty painless as long as you hold the fucker still.

My best friend also juices so if he's over at the house I always take the opportunity to have him poke me in the ass! NO HOMO! Glute shots are the best, I never feel shit.

I remember when I aspirated and actually drew blood up. I was friggin shocked. I was so used to just pinning, aspirating, injecting it didn't seem like I would ever hit a vein. Pulled the needle out and one large spirt of blood shot out of my leg. Freaked the hell outa me. Thats the only time that ever happened too. So keep in mind it is possible!

Try sitting down when you're pinning the glute. Makes twisting around easier.

How bout some more first pin stories! Lol

It's official. I'm the most unlucky dude on the planet or I'm a veiny bastard. 4th inject, went for left glute, pulled back on the plunger and blood came in. Pulled out the needle, went for the thigh instead (it's easier for me). Stuck it in, pulled back on the plunger...MORE BLOOD and when I pulled it out and a good amount came pouring out my leg. 3rd time was a charm though no vein.

Two veins in a row in two different muscle groups...What are the odds??? About the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day.

I am loving the cycle so far though. DBol has been kickin in and besides the insane lower back pumps at work I'm diggin it. Weight is up 15lbs, strength is way up, shoulders sucks at the gym cuz they get a brutal pump and hurt like hell...oh well pain is pleasure and I wanna fuck everything that walks in front of me (is that dbol or the test?).

No sides yet other than some testicular atrophy. If they start shrinkin too much for my own comfort would there be any downside to adding in some hcg halfway through the cycle?

the shoulder is the best place for me if i cant get nobody to pin my ass, there is just to many veins and nerves in my thighs too pin there i have had two pins go wrong in my thigh so i only hit them every now and then

the shoulder is the best place for me if i cant get nobody to pin my ass, there is just to many veins and nerves in my thighs too pin there i have had two pins go wrong in my thigh so i only hit them every now and then

Haven't tried them yet. I've read on some medical sites that delts injects should not exceed 1.0mL. I'm dosin 1.2mL Does this suggestion only apply to general population with tiny shoulders?

What length needle do you use?

Back