Food for Thought ....Do you understand what is happening around you

Will you be brave enough to read this??

This is interesting ---

John G. Is 63 years old and owns a small business. He's a life-long Republican and sees his dream of retiring next year has all but evaporated. With the stock market crashing and new taxes coming his way, John assumes now that he will work to his dying day.

John has a granddaughter. Ashley is a recent college grad. She drives a flashy hybrid car, wears all the latest fashions, and loves to go out to nightclubs and restaurants. Ashley campaigned hard for Barack Obama. After the election she made sure her grandfather (and all other Republican family members) received a big I told-you-so earful on how the world is going to be a much better place now that her party is taking over.

Having lost both roommates, Ashley recently ran short of cash and cannot pay the rent (again) on her 3 bedroom townhouse.. Like she has done many times in the past, she e-mailed her grandfather asking for some financial help.

Here is his reply:
Sweetheart, I received your request for assistance.
Ashley, you know I love you dearly and I'm sympathetic to your financial plight. Unfortunately, times have changed. With the election of President Obama, your grandmother and I have had to set forth a bold new economic plan of our own...."The Ashley Economic Empowerment Plan." Let me explain.
Your grandmother and I are life-long, wage-earning tax payers. We have lived a comfortable life, as you know, but we have never had the fancier things like European vacations, luxury cars, etc.. We have worked hard and were looking forward to retiring soon. But the plan has changed. Your president is raising our personal and business taxes significantly. He says it is so he can give our hard earned money to other people. Do you know what this means, Ashley? It means less for us, and we must cut back on many business and personal expenses.
You know the wonderful receptionist who worked in my office for more than 23 years? The one who always gave you candy when you came over to visit? I had to let her go last week. I can't afford to pay her salary and all of the government mandated taxes that go with having employees. Your grandmother will now work 4 days a week to answer phones, take orders and handle the books. We will be closed on Fridays and will lose even more income.
I'm also very sorry to report that your cousin Frank will no longer be working summers in the warehouse. I called him at school this morning. He already knows about it and he's upset because he will have to give up skydiving and his yearly trip to Greenland to survey the polar bears.
That's just the business side of things. Some personal economic effects of Obama's new taxation policies include none other than you. You know very well that over the years your grandmother and I have given you thousands of dollars in cash, tuition assistance, food, housing, clothing, gifts, etc., etc. But by your vote, you have chosen to help others -- not at your expense -- but at our expense.
If you need money now sweetheart, I recommend you call 202-456-1111. That is the direct phone number for the White House.. You can also contact the White House here: Contact the White House | The White House ;..
You yourself told me how foolish it is to vote Republican.. You said Mr Obama is going to be the People's President, and is going to help every American live a better life. Based on everything you've told me, along with all the promises we heard during the campaign, I'm sure Mr. Obama will be happy to transfer some stimulus money into your bank account. Have him call me for the account number which I memorized years ago.
Perhaps you can now understand what I've been saying all my life: those who vote for a president should consider the impact on the nation as a whole, and not be just concerned with what they can get for themselves. What Obama supporters don't seem to realize is all of the money he is redistributing to illegal aliens and non-taxpaying Americans (the so-called "less fortunate") comes from tax-paying families.
Remember how you told me, "Only the richest of the rich will be affected"? Well guess what, honey? Because we own a business, your grandmother and I are now considered to be the richest of the rich. On paper, it might look that way, but in the real world, we are far from it.
As you said while campaigning for Obama, some people will have to carry more of the burden so all of America can prosper.. You understand what that means, right? It means that raising taxes on productive people results in them having less money; less money for everything, including granddaughters.
I'm sorry, Ashley, but the well has run dry. The free lunches are over.. I have no money to give you now. So, congratulations on your choice for "change." For future reference, I encourage you to try and add up the total value of the gifts and cash you have received from us, just since you went off to college, and compare it to what you expect to get from Mr. Obama over the next 4 (or 8) years. I have not kept track of it, Ashley. It has all truly been the gift of our hearts.
Remember, we love you dearly....but from now on you'll need to call the number mentioned above. Your "Savior" has the money we would have given to you. Just try and get it from him.
Good luck, sweetheart.

Love, Grandpa

That's awesome. Don't know if its true or not, but that would be a badass response to an Obama-supportive grand daughter.

Everyone is looking for a handout nowadays. And everyone else it to blame. Its a shame really. The problem I see is all the next two years will bring in less Obama garbage because the Republicans won the house back, but i fear we won't have a pot to piss in when its time to elect a new President... and this jackass will slide right into another 4 years. Crazy.

Better stock up on ammo boys and girls. :D

Yes at Capital Hill - the inmates are ruining the asylum for only a couple more weeks!

I've never seen such a dysfunctional administration and a president who is so unpresidential!

We need to get America back on track before he runs it any further into the ground :smash:

Your post is spot on!

I still love this clip where the woman says that Obama getting elected she wont have to pay for gas or worry about her mortgage anymore lol
youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

this is a red herring.....

we have to think of a coupla things here

1. it was a republican who put us in this mess in the first place
2. obama has been given the hardest job in america, cleaning up after that republican
3. hes not obviously gonna do it with his money, its our money that has to fix it
4. those who are better off (like business owners) have to give in order to help those who are worse off
5. cant take a bad situation and place it against a good name.. the economy is not static, its dynamic... we are taking BEST GUESS approaches...
6. im not saying obama may have not made mistakes.. what im saying is that he's trying to fix those that have been made in the past
7. his new health care reform law will give millions insurance that didn't have it before
8. my mom is in her 50's and my dad in his 60's, they dont have health care.. how would u feel about that? especially when ur fathers health is starting to deteriorate
9. my family owns a small business... which has come to near failing thx to our last president.. i'd rather make some money and pay higher taxes then make no money at all

just my 2 cents

really?

[Will you be brave enough to read this??

This is interesting ---

John G. Is 63 years old and owns a small business. He's a life-long Republican and sees his dream of retiring next year has all but evaporated. With the stock market crashing and new taxes coming his way, John assumes now that he will work to his dying day.

John has a granddaughter. Ashley is a recent college grad. She drives a flashy hybrid car, wears all the latest fashions, and loves to go out to nightclubs and restaurants. Ashley campaigned hard for Barack Obama. After the election she made sure her grandfather (and all other Republican family members) received a big I told-you-so earful on how the world is going to be a much better place now that her party is taking over.

Having lost both roommates, Ashley recently ran short of cash and cannot pay the rent (again) on her 3 bedroom townhouse.. Like she has done many times in the past, she e-mailed her grandfather asking for some financial help.

Here is his reply:
Sweetheart, I received your request for assistance.
Ashley, you know I love you dearly and I'm sympathetic to your financial plight. Unfortunately, times have changed. With the election of President Obama, your grandmother and I have had to set forth a bold new economic plan of our own...."The Ashley Economic Empowerment Plan." Let me explain.
Your grandmother and I are life-long, wage-earning tax payers. We have lived a comfortable life, as you know, but we have never had the fancier things like European vacations, luxury cars, etc.. We have worked hard and were looking forward to retiring soon. But the plan has changed. Your president is raising our personal and business taxes significantly. He says it is so he can give our hard earned money to other people. Do you know what this means, Ashley? It means less for us, and we must cut back on many business and personal expenses.
You know the wonderful receptionist who worked in my office for more than 23 years? The one who always gave you candy when you came over to visit? I had to let her go last week. I can't afford to pay her salary and all of the government mandated taxes that go with having employees. Your grandmother will now work 4 days a week to answer phones, take orders and handle the books. We will be closed on Fridays and will lose even more income.
I'm also very sorry to report that your cousin Frank will no longer be working summers in the warehouse. I called him at school this morning. He already knows about it and he's upset because he will have to give up skydiving and his yearly trip to Greenland to survey the polar bears.
That's just the business side of things. Some personal economic effects of Obama's new taxation policies include none other than you. You know very well that over the years your grandmother and I have given you thousands of dollars in cash, tuition assistance, food, housing, clothing, gifts, etc., etc. But by your vote, you have chosen to help others -- not at your expense -- but at our expense.
If you need money now sweetheart, I recommend you call 202-456-1111. That is the direct phone number for the White House.. You can also contact the White House here: Contact the White House | The White House ;..
You yourself told me how foolish it is to vote Republican.. You said Mr Obama is going to be the People's President, and is going to help every American live a better life. Based on everything you've told me, along with all the promises we heard during the campaign, I'm sure Mr. Obama will be happy to transfer some stimulus money into your bank account. Have him call me for the account number which I memorized years ago.
Perhaps you can now understand what I've been saying all my life: those who vote for a president should consider the impact on the nation as a whole, and not be just concerned with what they can get for themselves. What Obama supporters don't seem to realize is all of the money he is redistributing to illegal aliens and non-taxpaying Americans (the so-called "less fortunate") comes from tax-paying families.
Remember how you told me, "Only the richest of the rich will be affected"? Well guess what, honey? Because we own a business, your grandmother and I are now considered to be the richest of the rich. On paper, it might look that way, but in the real world, we are far from it.
As you said while campaigning for Obama, some people will have to carry more of the burden so all of America can prosper.. You understand what that means, right? It means that raising taxes on productive people results in them having less money; less money for everything, including granddaughters.
I'm sorry, Ashley, but the well has run dry. The free lunches are over.. I have no money to give you now. So, congratulations on your choice for "change." For future reference, I encourage you to try and add up the total value of the gifts and cash you have received from us, just since you went off to college, and compare it to what you expect to get from Mr. Obama over the next 4 (or 8) years. I have not kept track of it, Ashley. It has all truly been the gift of our hearts.
Remember, we love you dearly....but from now on you'll need to call the number mentioned above. Your "Savior" has the money we would have given to you. Just try and get it from him.
Good luck, sweetheart.

Love, Grandpa

....really?

Last edited:
no offense to any but the american people are much to blame for there own situation. too much spending and borrowing without having. and the bank system sucks because they kept handing the cash out.

it's not better in others places on this planet... this world is closer to colapse on itself.

This is why I am building a spaceship
See ya later suckas!!!! *cues David Bowie track*

Last edited:
no offense to any but the american people are much to blame for there own situation. too much spending and borrowing without having. and the bank system sucks because they kept handing the cash out.

crashed economy because of too many people buying stuff with money they didnt have. even the bank borrows money at interest from the central bank. it is an economy based on debt...........

thats a vague view i have, i wont pretend to be an economist

here in canada, we do pay higher taxes (here in quebec its alot), but social benefits are much better, quality of life is better, education system and health system work better as well.......but we pay more taxes, altho that money goes back to us usually as opposed to a ridiculous military budget

this is a red herring.....

we have to think of a coupla things here

1. it was a republican who put us in this mess in the first place - this is said all the time. no way to tell if its true or not in the last 40 years. problem is thats just another excuse
2. obama has been given the hardest job in america, cleaning up after that republican - again, an excuse, not a solution, he certainly hasn't done anything except save an already failing baking system
3. hes not obviously gonna do it with his money, its our money that has to fix it - maybe so, but that doesn't mean we need higher taxes
4. those who are better off (like business owners) have to give in order to help those who are worse off - fuck that? why should someone who makes 250K/year or more have to pay higher taxes just because they are successful? Why am I responsible for some shithead who abuses the welfare system simply because he can? If we start punishing success in this country we are in a world of hurt. There are too many entitlement programs in this country already, we don't need more, and that is what Obama thinks. As do all Democrats. Stop the handouts and make people responsible for their own actions.
5. cant take a bad situation and place it against a good name.. the economy is not static, its dynamic... we are taking BEST GUESS approaches... - not sure what you mean here
6. im not saying obama may have not made mistakes.. what im saying is that he's trying to fix those that have been made in the past - thats been the job of the president for years. again, its an excuse, not a solution
7. his new health care reform law will give millions insurance that didn't have it before - great, more people to suck off the government tit cause they are too lazy to go out and get a job. Most of those people don't have insurance cuz they are leeching off the gov;'t already via unemployment insurance... simply because they can. we already made it 99 weeks, now they wanna extend it. Again, why am I responsible for others laziness. Forget about that, why should I be FINED if I don't get private insurance on my own? That's just more bullshit.
8. my mom is in her 50's and my dad in his 60's, they dont have health care.. how would u feel about that? especially when ur fathers health is starting to deteriorateyes that would suck, but thats contradictory. we can't just look at the few... we have to look at the good of the majority
9. my family owns a small business... which has come to near failing thx to our last president.. i'd rather make some money and pay higher taxes then make no money at all - might i ask how Bush ruined their business? i don't understand.

just my 2 cents

I'm sorry, but we as a country have done nothing but continue to make excuses for everything we do and no one wants to take responsibility for their actions. Entitlement is not the answer. We need to hold the lazy accountable immediately. Stop punishing me cause I am successful and I make over 250K/year. Not saying punish the lazy... unless they think making their asses work is punishment (im sure some would think so cause they can sit on thier ass instead). But we need to hold them accountable. No one on WIC should pull up to the grocery store in a tricked out Escalade.

People say there are no jobs out there so they sit around and make $350/w on unemployment for 99 weeks... simply cause they can. Its bullshit. And thats just one of the issues we face. A job at McDonalds pays that and at least thats respectable.

Right now we're afraid of the government and what we fear they will do in the future. Hence the Tea Party, etc. This causes revolution. We need a change... not Obama change. Real change.

"When the people fear the gov't... there is tyranny. When the gov't fears the people... there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

a simple "no" would have worked just fine...;)

I agree. We were screwed long before Obama became president, and we'll still be screwed for quite some time after he's gone. Its kinda silly to try to put the economic mess on the current president when the facts clearly show that it began in the middle of G. W. Bush's presidency. Bush's screwups are a major reason why we now have a Democrat for a president. I'm not saying that Obama is turning out to be much better, but this baby isn't his.

Seriously, the shit we're in now isn't all about this president or that president. A lot of it had to do with corporate greed and foolish middle-class people who over-extended themselves with too much debt...credit card balances and house purchases that they knew they couldn't afford. So, the doll house came crashing down and now everybody is looking for a scapegoat and a handout.

Back