forearm PAIN!!!

Abbyripper

im currently on my dbol/test/deca cycle and in week 5. My gains and strength are great. But in the last two weeks, when i work biceps....the burn in my forarms is unbearable. today i wasen't able to even work arms to my full portential....it felt like the vein in my forarms were gonna pop from the burn i was gettin. I wanted to ask yuo what may be causing this? and if i can prevent it...cause its effectin my work out. ur advice, help, would be very much appreciated!!

you have to be more specific bro..where in the forearm? anterior? posterior? lateral? medial?

could be the way you are gripping the bar/db while curling.

like the back side of the forearm....umm...below the elbow....its the upper part of the forearm....is that better?, i dunno what the part is called specificaly

Dude....you mean a pain, or a burn? Burn usually indicates a wicked pump, which is common with D-bol. But if it's a pain in the area you are describing, then be careful; I had the same thing...meaty underside of the forearm...up high near the elbow. It got worse as I worked it, and needed to take some time off of training biceps and back as a result.

I got crazy pumps in my forearms from dbol...same thing your describing. How do you take the dbol throughout the day? Do you take it before you workout, because I found the pumps were lessened if I didnt take it prior to workout.

it could be a muscle imbalance, perhaps your biceps can handle a lot of weight but your forearms are too weak for it.

If you keep using it and hurting it you will have that injury for about 2 months. Quit using it and it will heal, other wise injury land for you.

Good advice GoldenMuscle...it bothered me for about two months. I took 2 weeks totally off of biceps...then went to doing cables carefully (not squeezing the handles, rather balancing them in my palms), before starting back at straight bar curls using only the bar...and going up in small increments each week.

its the pump from dbol, i get it as well. i just try to do a little bi workout and then hit them again by themselvs on one of my days off, works for me,

I got the same thing on my right forearm (just below the elbow, near the outside edge of the bone), but unlike the other guys that have posted it was from tricep exercises. I still get it a bit even though I've cut back and took time off.

it could also be a nervous tissue problem..because your muscles in your biceps probably grew too fast for your tendons to keep up, there might be compression of your nerve that runs down from your brachial plexus and innvervates your biceps, forearm, and carpal tunnel.

it might go away after your tendons and mucles adapt to the new growth.

try skipping one arm day for one week and just focus on compound movements to hit the arms (rows, benching etc..)

this will not only allow for your tendons to get a rest, allow adaptation, but also allow extra time for your bi's/tri's to recoop and grow..

just a suggestion..i know a little something about anatomy and pain

aite, thanks guys!!!!...i take 15mgs dbols b4 workin out...so it mite be that...ima take some rest on arms and take less dbols...ill see what happens. thanks again

It's the dbol trust me. Nothing and I mean NOTHING has caused me the pains I'd experience while on dbol. I've tried every drug since and nothing comes even close. I'd have problems letting go of the bar after doing curls while on dbol. The pumps hurt so bad they actually became painful. A week or so after stopping the dbol you'll notice it won't be as bad.

I had the same problem but i don't think I was on anything at the time. It was when I would do preacher curls. I would be going fairly heave and it didn't hurt while I was doing the movement but it hurt like hell when I put the bar down and let go. Now that I think of it I did have the problems while on Dbol but also had it when I wasn't.

I get it too, even when I'm natural. The pump makes your arms feel like they're going to split. When this happens I alternate exercises to give the pump time to subside - like dumbell curls then abs, then hammer curls etc.

Back