Frontload for first cycle: One week or two?

Trevdog said:
Yes that would work. I am much less conservative than a lot of other people. I don't think you'd be crazy to do 1000 mgs. like this for the first two weeks.

Well that's the original question and what I guess I should ask now is how long will it take for the test to kick if I frontload one week? How about two?

i am telling you, i have frontloaded test-e and all i feel is extra anxiety and bloat. it still "kicks in" week 6 or so.
its just a couple more mls i know...but first cycle i wouldnt do it.

While frontloading does get your blood levels of the hormone more stable quicker, this will not necessarily equal greater gains over the length of the cycle. This is combined with the extra potential of experiencing negative side effects because of the large boost in the hormone levels. This will occur whether or not you have an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) on hand. Yes you will be better able to control the side effects, but you will still have the nasty experiences to deal with in the mean time.

However, if you do intend on frontloading I would recommend that AN EXPERIENCED user do so for the first two weeks of their cycle. This will ensure that the blood levels of the drug remain high.

Aboot said:
While frontloading does get your blood levels of the hormone more stable quicker, this will not necessarily equal greater gains over the length of the cycle.

Thanks for all the good advice Aboot. This is the part I am having trouble with because assuming training and diet are in order (which they are) it would seem that the more time "on" would be useful for experiencing greater gains over a period of time.

LiftTillIDie said:
Thanks for all the good advice Aboot. This is the part I am having trouble with because assuming training and diet are in order (which they are) it would seem that the more time "on" would be useful for experiencing greater gains over a period of time.

It makes sense to me and agrees with my experience. Of course, there are always a lot of variables and I do have respect for the notion that you may not want to jump in the deep end before you've tested the temperature of the water, but I do believe it getting your blood levels up to where they are going to peak pretty quickly.

People have designed excel type calculators that let you know approximately what kind of levels of de-estrified hormones should be in the blood following a given injection schedule. I just don't have any of these bookmarked. Maybe somebody else does?

Last edited:
That was an excellent read. It prettymuch outlines everything I'm planning (frontload, prop at the end) and I will have plenty of aromasin so I am feeling pretty confident.

Back