Frontload for first cycle: One week or two?

ManOfMuscle

Death Dealer
My roommate and I are both running 500mg test-e a week for our first cycle(s). I want to be feeling this by week 2 if possible. So I'm thinking we'll just shoot a gram a week for the first two weeks. Will this get the job done appropriately? Is one week of frontloading enough?

I would only do 1 week... Remember the point of frontloading is not to have a spike in levels, but to get to the proper level faster, then maintain it.

I don't recommend that for a first cycle.

Now, the proper way is to F/L 2x your planned weekly dose over two days time.

i.e. Inject 500mg day 1 and again on day 3, then get into your twice weekly injection schedule.

StoneColdNTO said:
I don't recommend that for a first cycle.

Now, the proper way is to F/L 2x your planned weekly dose over two days time.

i.e. Inject 500mg day 1 and again on day 3, then get into your twice weekly injection schedule.

Oh I see. What's the benefit of two injections in 3 days as opposed to just double dose both shots the first week? Also I assume the reason you don't recommend it for a first cycle is because we don't know how our bodies will react, which I can understand. However I'll be jumping on the AIFM (aromasin) right after my first inject so I'm not too worried about crazy sides.

It's 2 days apart (day 1 & day 3).......and the reason is; You want to maximixe blood hormone levels as quicky as possible, hence the injects 2 days apart.

Why would you even consider AIFM or any Aromatase inhibitor (AI) for that matter, you have no idea right now if you're even prone to estrogen related sides. Best take a wait and see approach to something like that.

LiftTillIDie said:
However I'll be jumping on the AIFM (aromasin) right after my first inject so I'm not too worried about crazy sides.
AIFM is not Aromasin.

Not all side effects/responses are caused by the estrogen, anyway. Just run 500mg/week and stop being so damn impatient. If you eat and train right, then you should likely make some nice gains.

I know I'll make good gains no matter what but I can't help being impatient. I have test prop that I could run at the beginning but I'm not comfortable with injects yet so I figure I'll just use it for my last two weeks.

Edit: I know AIFM is not the same as aromasin but from everything I have read it has all the same effects on the body.

I'm going on my 4th injection on my first cycle (500mg Cyp) and I don't feel anything yet. I can definately understand why you wanna frontload, cuz I almost feel like i'm wasting gear and time+effort. But it's not a big deal to me, cuz I know by week 4 ill be going crazy...

You said you have prop as well, I was wondering if it would better utilized at the beggining or the end of the cycle...like injecting 100mg EOD for the first 2 weeks or something like that...suggestions?

That being said...I dunno if you really need to frontload. Are you running a 10 or 12 weeker? Patience is a virtue - and dude, c'mon, your fuckin huge already!

i would have leaned out first if i were you...none of your clothes are going to fit lol.

just use one drug, and i wouldnt front load. you need to see what 500mg of test is like, and a front load WILL make side effects more noticeable.

either way it doesnt really matter, good luck! youre almost 3 bills right now arnt you?

Last edited:
LiftTillIDie said:
My roommate and I are both running 500mg test-e a week for our first cycle(s). I want to be feeling this by week 2 if possible. So I'm thinking we'll just shoot a gram a week for the first two weeks. Will this get the job done appropriately? Is one week of frontloading enough?

You would be better off running an oral like d-bol for the first 4 weeks to get your cycle going faster for you. You would see a strength and weight increase in a few days......

I remember my first cycle was 500 mgs of test e a week and i was impatient as hell. In beginning of week 4 i was convinced my gear was fake. Then my boy pointed out how water retained my face was. Then a week later i was wondering why i was so strong and felt so good. Then finally i realized my gear was real. Man test is awesome.

Warmachine said:
i would have leaned out first if i were you...none of your clothes are going to fit lol.

just use one drug, and i wouldnt front load. you need to see what 500mg of test is like, and a front load WILL make side effects more noticeable.

either way it doesnt really matter, good luck! youre almost 3 bills right now arnt you?

I have been cutting for the last 6 weeks and I've done a decent job of it considering I'm cutting natty AND cutting for the first time. I've dropped about 20 lbs all together so I'm sitting at about 275 right now.I was down around 273 then I gained a couple pounds the last week because I've been sick and have been eating more carbs. I might hit 3 bills on the cycle, just depends how much fat I'm gaining and how fast the strength goes up. I plan on hitting the diet again real strict the last week before the cycle and hopefully get some anabolic rebound when I start up.

TheMudMan said:
You would be better off running an oral like d-bol for the first 4 weeks to get your cycle going faster for you. You would see a strength and weight increase in a few days......

I would probably do this except for the fact that it's my first cycle and I don't want to use 2 compounds.

Phil9999 said:
I remember my first cycle was 500 mgs of test e a week and i was impatient as hell. In beginning of week 4 i was convinced my gear was fake. Then my boy pointed out how water retained my face was. Then a week later i was wondering why i was so strong and felt so good. Then finally i realized my gear was real. Man test is awesome.

Good story...

outlawtas2 said:
I'm going on my 4th injection on my first cycle (500mg Cyp) and I don't feel anything yet. I can definately understand why you wanna frontload, cuz I almost feel like i'm wasting gear and time+effort. But it's not a big deal to me, cuz I know by week 4 ill be going crazy...

You said you have prop as well, I was wondering if it would better utilized at the beggining or the end of the cycle...like injecting 100mg EOD for the first 2 weeks or something like that...suggestions?

That being said...I dunno if you really need to frontload. Are you running a 10 or 12 weeker? Patience is a virtue - and dude, c'mon, your fuckin huge already!

What you said in the first paragraph is basically how I feel. I want to get as much as possible out of this cycle and I don't want to be waiting around for almost a month for the stuff to kick in. I feel like I have enough knowledge at this point coupled with the proper ancilliaries so there's no reason I can't do this safely.

So just to make sure I have this straight say I want to start my cycle on a monday. I would shoot 500 monday, 500 wednesday and then shoot the next 250 shot monday as if it were week 2 of normal injections?

kraziplaya said:
i have never frontloaded... i think its better to shoot a short ester test as a kickstart... or run some dbol

Like I said I'm not gonna run 2 compounds for this cycle.

LiftTillIDie said:
So just to make sure I have this straight say I want to start my cycle on a monday. I would shoot 500 monday, 500 wednesday and then shoot the next 250 shot monday as if it were week 2 of normal injections?

Yes that would work. I am much less conservative than a lot of other people. I don't think you'd be crazy to do 1000 mgs. like this for the first two weeks.

Back