Gear and RBC

Jordaz

I know that EQ raises RBC pretty high I was wondering how Test, Deca, Primo effected RBC. I looked at all the Roid profiles but it had nothing with Red blood cells and gear.
thankx

Yes. But some more than others? I was told by Doc that EQ (400mg a week)had raised mine very high. High enough to cause my blood to over clot.

Jordaz said:
Yes. But some more than others? I was told by Doc that EQ (400mg a week)had raised mine very high. High enough to cause my blood to over clot.
You're right about EQ, and that's where "vascularity" comes from; increased RBC. But having a high RBC doesnt mean your blood will clot, or I'd be dead and half the people here.

onehugemofo said:
But having a high RBC doesnt mean your blood will clot, or I'd be dead and half the people here.

Huh ?

Depending on how high it gets, it certainly can cause problems, as in heart attack or stroke.

In terms of RBC leading to clotting, I have always found the following post by Dr. M over at Muscle Nexus to be a good guide:

Increased RBC counts don't precipitate more clotting if all things are equal. More thrombocytes/platelets (call 'em whichever name is your favourite) means an increased chance of spontaneous clotting. Think about the chances of a riot when comparing a crowd of 10 people versus 100,000 people in the same space - that's what we're talking about here with the platelet issue. Some population of the platelets will be activated at a given time - a 'basal level' of thrombosis, if you will. If these spontaneously activated platelets all of a sudden bind to others and cause rampant activation before the microthrombosis can be effectively cleared, you've got yourself a clot.

NOW, I said above that increased RBC counts don't necessarily lead to more clotting out of the blue... that's true, but if you're in the situation I described above where you've got the '100,000 platelet riot' going on then your hematocrit will make a difference. Either way you're going to have some sort of clot, but how quickly and how severe the clot becomes depends largely on the RBC count the clot sees. In very high-RBC blood, you're looking at more cells being forced through a given unit area, and a sticky/jagged one at that - this means more RBC lysis. One of the key precipitators of clotting episodes is RBC lysis, so having more RBC coming past a nascent clot means more RBC lysis, more cell debris, and a worse situation.

In terms of other anabolics raising your RBC, as an example, nandrolone increases RBC so significantly that it has been prescribed to patients suffering from anemia that has resulted from various diseases, as shown in the cited studies below.

Ghorbanihaghjo, Amir. Argani, Hassan. Rohbaninoubar, Mohammad. Rashtchizadeh, Nadereh. Effect of Nandrolone Decanoate on Serum Lipoprotein (a) and its isoforms in hemodialysis patients. Lipids Health Dis. 2004 Jun 29;3:16

Johnson CA. Use of androgens in patients with renal failure. Semin Dial. 2000 Jan-Feb;13(1):36-9

Aboot said:
In terms of RBC leading to clotting, I have always found the following post by Dr. M over at Muscle Nexus to be a good guide:

Increased RBC counts don't precipitate more clotting if all things are equal. More thrombocytes/platelets (call 'em whichever name is your favourite) means an increased chance of spontaneous clotting. Think about the chances of a riot when comparing a crowd of 10 people versus 100,000 people in the same space - that's what we're talking about here with the platelet issue. Some population of the platelets will be activated at a given time - a 'basal level' of thrombosis, if you will. If these spontaneously activated platelets all of a sudden bind to others and cause rampant activation before the microthrombosis can be effectively cleared, you've got yourself a clot.

NOW, I said above that increased RBC counts don't necessarily lead to more clotting out of the blue... that's true, but if you're in the situation I described above where you've got the '100,000 platelet riot' going on then your hematocrit will make a difference. Either way you're going to have some sort of clot, but how quickly and how severe the clot becomes depends largely on the RBC count the clot sees. In very high-RBC blood, you're looking at more cells being forced through a given unit area, and a sticky/jagged one at that - this means more RBC lysis. One of the key precipitators of clotting episodes is RBC lysis, so having more RBC coming past a nascent clot means more RBC lysis, more cell debris, and a worse situation.

In terms of other anabolics raising your RBC, as an example, nandrolone increases RBC so significantly that it has been prescribed to patients suffering from anemia that has resulted from various diseases, as shown in the cited studies below.

Ghorbanihaghjo, Amir. Argani, Hassan. Rohbaninoubar, Mohammad. Rashtchizadeh, Nadereh. Effect of Nandrolone Decanoate on Serum Lipoprotein (a) and its isoforms in hemodialysis patients. Lipids Health Dis. 2004 Jun 29;3:16

Johnson CA. Use of androgens in patients with renal failure. Semin Dial. 2000 Jan-Feb;13(1):36-9
[/QUOTE

Good info! Thankx :blue:

Back