Gettin no where fast or slow!!

stepbystep

Heya

New to this site, but was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.
im 153 pounds and 6foot tall, have my body fat down too 11%, im training 4 to 5 days a week, but just dont seem to be putin on any muscle mass and am thinkin bout starting a steroid cycle, im not lookin to get huge but another 10 to 15lbs of muscle would be good.
So any advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 1 and all
Shane

hey stepbystep

post your diet and training program need something to work with

hey stepbystep

post your diet and training program need something to work with

Heya.

Im taking whey protein, 2gm for every pound of bodyweight daily and the rest of my diet is all over the place, in the gym 5days, legs and abs monday, shoulders tuesday, chest wednesday , back and abs on thursday and arms on friday, do 3 mile run and 2 miles on the bike everyday too, but think ive got the problem all skinny guys seem to have, ive been listing to, to many big guys all telling me different ways if you no what i mean! have had some results like, but nothing like i tought i would get, not lookin to be the next terminator, but 150lbs at 6 foot isnt what i want either! so any advice on diet would be great or a supplement that works! have been lookin in2 norateen heavyweight 2 but everything i do seems to point in the direction of steroids, but also want lasting results too!

Last edited:
yo guys can look at it however you want. anyone who is 153 and 6ft tall has not been working out more than a month! 6 ft 153 is tiny! I mean my sis weighs 135 and she is only 5'6!

Sounds like you have an ectomorph body type. Im the same way very tough to get good gains what I found work for me was 3 liquid meals and 3 solid alternating ofcourse. Being ectomorph I really dont think we could over eat as long as its clean food lol. Ive always been able to eat what I wanted and never get fat. Age is not allowing me to do that anymore so Ive had to start eating clean especially since im banging weights again. Good luck bro these guys wont steer you wrong!!

you sound like a hard gainer ectomorph type. you'd prolly get more out of doing nothing but compound lifts 2-3 days a week and no more. ie bench, squat, dead lift, chins and dips.

Dude u r either trying 2 get big or u r not wich is it u need 4000 calories a day at least mainly consisting of protein fuck all that cardio shit jane fonda ur burrning up ur mass giligan u wanna get big eat big and ya gear the fuck up if u r not a pussy

Heya.

Im taking whey protein, 2gm for every pound of bodyweight daily and the rest of my diet is all over the place, in the gym 5days, legs and abs monday, shoulders tuesday, chest wednesday , back and abs on thursday and arms on friday, do 3 mile run and 2 miles on the bike everyday too, but think ive got the problem all skinny guys seem to have, ive been listing to, to many big guys all telling me different ways if you no what i mean! have had some results like, but nothing like i tought i would get, not lookin to be the next terminator, but 150lbs at 6 foot isnt what i want either! so any advice on diet would be great or a supplement that works! have been lookin in2 norateen heavyweight 2 but everything i do seems to point in the direction of steroids, but also want lasting results too!

What I bolded is your problem. You should spend more time in the diet and training forums and less in the aas one. If your new to this give yourself time a great deal about lifting and bodybuilding is a matter of trial and error what works for your body and what doesn't. 5 years ago I was at 127lbs at 6% bf (season weight for sports) off season I weighed in 140s. Since then I brought my weight up to 192lbs at 12% bf in 4 years. Let me say this again I weighed 127 at 5'9". No aas it was a matter of reorienting my goals to lift for mass rather than endurance and pound for pound strength.

Listen to these guys start doing compound exercises and spend only a small fraction of your time on doing iso's like curling. Also if you learn to train and eat properly you' ll determine your bmr and how many calories your burning up. With all that cardio you may not be taking in enough cals. You can reduce the cardio to 3 times a week for 20 min or you can up your cals

But imo it seems like your new to this don't know your body well and are brainwashed by this idea that steroids are a miracle drug. Right now is the time for you to fig out what your body responds to, what diet/ training work, what your weaknesses are, what your strengths are etc. If you take steroids you will NOT make gains, you can potentially hurt your natural test levels and you won't know how to effectively train your body in the future. Put in the time and grind if you want to make the gains.
Animal

When I graduated HS I weighed 147 at 6'1".
What is your age? My metabolism had me craving protein all the time. I was lifting weights but gaining very slowly but my strength and endurance was increasing faster than my mass gains. You don't need the cardio. Keep the weight you are lifting manageable,use proper form, and get the reps. Make it burn. Been there done that.
My current weight is 241. I did'nt start packing on the weight till my late 30's.Some people are late bloomers.

Last edited:
Heya Lads

Cheers for all the feed back, just reading through all the comments now. prob should note that i had a large part of my small intestine removed, a burst bowl and kidney cancer in the past 3 years too, prob should have said that at the start.

Shane

Last edited:
When I graduated HS I weighed 147 at 6'1".
What is your age? My metabolism had me craving protein all the time. I was lifting weights but gaining very slowly but my strength and endurance was increasing faster than my mass gains. You don't need the cardio. Keep the weight you are lifting manageable,use proper form, and get the reps. Make it burn. Been there done that.
My current weight is 241. I did'nt start packing on the weight till my late 30's.Some people are late bloomers.

Heya Crusader

im 30 years old, have never been able to get much beyond the 150lb mark, just cant seem to break thru the 150, but im the same as you, the weight im lifting is increasing and i am toning well.

Heya Lads

Cheers for all the feed back, just reading through all the comments now. prob should note that i had a large part of my small intestine removed, a burst bowl and kidney cancer in the past 3 years too, prob should have said that at the start.

Shane

This may also be a big reason why its harder for you to gain weight. Are you on meds for these things? Because some of those meds can cause weight loss. I work for oncologists and I know patients who have been put on steroids to maintain their mass during treatments you may actually be able to get it prescribed and have a doctor monitor you since no one can truly tell you how this will interact with any meds for the treatment of renal carcinoma that you may be on. Regarding your small intestine and bowl removal, I would be even more careful of a excessively high protein diet. You will have to have an even more immaculate diet with smaller multiple meals. Best of luck with your health.
Animal

This may also be a big reason why its harder for you to gain weight. Are you on meds for these things? Because some of those meds can cause weight loss. I work for oncologists and I know patients who have been put on steroids to maintain their mass during treatments you may actually be able to get it prescribed and have a doctor monitor you since no one can truly tell you how this will interact with any meds for the treatment of renal carcinoma that you may be on. Regarding your small intestine and bowl removal, I would be even more careful of a excessively high protein diet. You will have to have an even more immaculate diet with smaller multiple meals. Best of luck with your health.
Animal

Heya animal, cheers for the feed back
No aint on any meds, got the all clear just before christmas gone, so dont think my doctor would prescribe them for me and i have heard they can be hard on liver and kidneys and that kinda worries me as i have just the 1 kidney left, so kinda wanna hold on it:) have been told to try norateen 2 with a good whey protien or meal replacement, can you reccomend any or which would benefit me more, the whey or the complete meal replacement?
sorry for all the questions, but just wanna do it right.

Back