getting help with first injection?

Ok, I've gone over everything and I think this should be my last question. I received my shipment today but, I'm waiting until this following Monday to start since I have a wedding to go to this Sunday and I already have very high anxiety out in public especially functions like this and I don't know if I will experience sides or my body will take a few weeks to adjust, bla bla bla so going to wait until it's over.

Ok, so I've read people say it helps to heat up the test and somebody recommended to put the vial into a ziplock baggie then put that in a coffee mug with hot water that way the label won't mess up if it's in a baggie and it's easier to inject when it's warm.

My question is, I'm guessing the water is either warm or hot but, not boiling hot correct? I guess i'll heat up water in a kettle or something and let it cool off a bit. Then once I put the vial in the baggie and the baggie into the coffee mug, how long do I keep it there, how do I know if it's been enough time? I guess 3-4 minutes should be enough?

thanks

oh sorry one more thing i wanted to clear up - as mentioned before in the steps -

2 pull plunger back with pin upwards
3 remove pin tip
4 swap on new fresh pin tip

so that means I use 2 different pins each time, one pin to load the syringe and then I remove it once the syringe is loaded and put on a new pin?

if so, does maximus send an extra (or correct) number of pins for that, one to pull and one to inject? just want to make sure so i keep an eye on it incase I need to reorder sooner than thought.

Mopar (and others)

First I appreciate all the info this site has supplied. I am a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) user, have been so for approx. 6 months now. I use .5ml 2xweek, Dr. prescribed. I just recently started self-injections (completed my 2nd one today) both have been in the delt, first left then today the right. Prior to this I have been visiting my doc and having a tech administer via the glutes. I am using a 25ga 1" 3ml set-up, they honestly go in the full 1" w/ no pain or discomfort in to the delt, and I was quite surprised. My question; can I continue to utilize the delts, just switching back and forth each week? Do I need another site? I can’t imagine administering to the glutes, I tried a dry run and it seemed completely awkward. With the amount of force needed to keep the fluid running thru the 25ga. the twisted angle of my body this seems almost impossible. I tried the quad today, abandoned this, there was a bit of pain trying to insert. I'm not sure if I was in a bad spot or what, I was thinking a little ice to the quad next time.

Also, it takes me approx. 60 seconds or so to administer a single dose, does this seem too long?

Ok, well I did it. First injection just now, followed the instructions and youtube video. The thing is that I'm not sure if I did it correctly is there supposed to be blood after you pull the syringe out? When I aspirated I saw air bubbles and didnt' see any blood but, when I was done and pulled the syringe out, I started bleeding and not just a little like I was dripping but, it quickly stopped after I wiped it off and put some pressure on it. Even when I pulled the syringe out there wasn't any blood in the syringe, only outside on my skin when I took it out. Is this normal?

The thing is that I was pretty shaky and started getting nervous once it went in, before I wasn't nervous but, as soon as it went in and I was having difficulty reaching around and keeping my hands still, I'm pretty shaky as it is and didn't realize how shaky I would get, I think I even pushed in too fast, I didn't feel it going in at all, I was sitting there trying to push the plunger but, it was already pushed all the way in I had already emptied it.

Now I'm even more nervous after seeing the blood, once i pulled it out is this normal? i'm kinda freaking out now lol

Last edited:
also if it helps anybody else out there for there first, it took more time to get it ready than it did the actual injection for me. to get it ready, i kept watching this youtube video over and over while i was getting the syringe ready - How To Inject Testosterone - YouTube

once i got it ready i switched to moparmuscle's instructions since in the video he does in the thigh and i did a glute injection

Good job. The anticipation of the first injection is worse than the injection itself. You'll be a pro in no time.

I did the 2nd shot yeterday on left glute, was easier than the first time on right cheek (even though was a little concerned since I'm not left handed but, went fine, aspirated and everything) For some reason after the first shot, I was kind of sore that evening and night in my right cheek where i injected but, it went away the next day. I was just wondering since people normally say there's no pain or anything. though when I did the 2nd shot yesterday, I felt nothing after wards, I was expecting some soreness last night but, there was nothing.

I wonder if it's since when I was doing the 1st shot, since I was having difficulty reaching that I tried to move my body towards the mirror and I thought I felt a minor sting, I guess moving my leg with the needle in it, wasn't a good idea maybe the muscle it was in moved or something that's the reason there was more blood than I was expecting since again yesterday after the 2nd shot there was just a little blood.

Can i just keep rotating cheeks? or should I do delts also? i'd like to stay with cheeks since people say it has the best absorption. I here mixed things about thighs, some people say they get sore, and others don't. I don't think I've heard anybody getting sore on delts, would be easier to do, reaching around etc. but because of effectiveness for now and since I just started I thought I might continue with glutes but, I read that each injection site takes 14 days to recover, if this is correct that means I would need to find a 3rd injection site wouldn't I? or else I would be injecting into each cheek on the 10th instead of letting it recover the full 14 days. any suggestions?

Last edited:
Did my 3rd injection today, guess I don't need to post in this thread anymore as I got it down now. Can't believe it, a few months ago I was telling my GP that I can't even test my blood glucose because I'm that much creeped out by needles, and now I'm injecting test and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) lol I'm really glad I don't have to go to somebody to do this like I was wanting to first, good thing I asked on here or I would have gone that route so much more convenient to just do it myself.

Well, I don't have to watch the youtube video anymore for the injection but, I still keep my notes with me just to be sure I don't forget anything. I compiled the steps from the youtube video and Moparmuscle's instructions and I have this printed out and just keep it near me in the bathroom still just to make sure I'm following everything. I'll put it here incase it helps any first-timers.

1 Get equipment ready:
One syringe to extract oil and one fresh needle to swap, 3 alcohol pads, band-aid, sharps container.
2 Wash hands
3 Swipe alcohol pad across the top of vial
4 Take needle and syringe out of wrapper. Make sure needle is screwed on tight to the syringe.
5 Remove the cap of syringe and draw up the amount you are injecting in air
6 Inject the syringe into vial and extract the air into the vial
7 Turn the vial upside down and slowly draw up the amount you need.
8 Flick all bubbles to top of plunger, make sure got all you need. If not, draw up more.
9 After drawing up, remove syringe from vial. Pull in extra air so any oil in the needle goes into syringe.
10 Put the cap back on the needle and twist it off and put in sharps container
11 Put the 2nd fresh needle on the syringe and put it aside until ready for injecting.

Injecting:

1. Swab area to be injected - 2 inches back and 2 inches down for glutes (split cheek in 4, outer top area)
2. let alcohol from swab evaporate
3. Push plunger forwards until small drop of oil comes out of pin tip
4. Pin into body (just jab in smooth)
5. Asperate: leaving pin all the way in body pull back on plunger 1/4" if no blood gets into pin your fine
6. Inject over a period of 60 sec
7 pull pin out
8 swab area clean with fresh alcohol prep pad. There could be some blood, I use a band-aid now, those small ones so it doesn't bother me when I need to remove it.
9 massage area for 60 sec
10 done

Last edited:
today was my first time to actually jab it in smooth, at first i was kinda thinking it would hurt or i would miss the correct spot or something and when i tried last week i ended up slowing down right when i made contact but, today I was able to do it correctly and I didn't feel anything at all. When I would do it slowly, it would sting since I would put it right against the skin and push it in until it went through. jabbing it in smooth is the correct way, didn't feel anything at all, it took me a second to realize that it even went inside.

I was looking for average gains, and instead have left my self sleepless and on constant worry - dont think i was ready for this or educated enough...I've been taking testosterone Cypionate for the length of 3 weeks now..I would inject 1ml every sunday, so ive had 3mls, over a 3 week period up to date. I hate it I can barely release my load - i dont think test c, is for me or juice for that matter im too paranoid so will it be okay to come to a complete stop now ?
thanks guys

Ok, this may sound really odd, but it does work!! I inject in my thigh and have started taking my four fingers and hitting the area that I'm planning to inject for 30 seconds or so right before the injection. I'm not beating the crap of the area, but just mildly wrapping the area. When I do this, I NEVER feel a thing when I inject slowly.

Could be my own little Jedi mind trick, but I don't care :)

I was looking for average gains, and instead have left my self sleepless and on constant worry - dont think i was ready for this or educated enough...I've been taking testosterone Cypionate for the length of 3 weeks now..I would inject 1ml every sunday, so ive had 3mls, over a 3 week period up to date. I hate it I can barely release my load - i dont think test c, is for me or juice for that matter im too paranoid so will it be okay to come to a complete stop now ?
thanks guys

You need HCG. I had the exact same problem and after Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) my release became "other worldly!" I would almost pass out when I relaesed after HCG. I was told it was because the boys shut down after T is introduced and that makes them go to sleep in other ways as well. Once you have the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), it wakes the boys up big time!! Hope that helps.

thanks guys

Oh, and your E is up.....I've lived this brother.....get a blood test and I gurantee you're gonna need an AI! This seems like a simple process to just add a little T and get some gains, but when you mess with that EXTREMELY delicate hormone balance, its like adding a ton of weight to one side of a seesaw and not expecting the other side to jump. This isn't childsplay and the guys that do this recreationally and for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) really take it seriously and give it the respect it deserves.

Take care brother and I hope you find what you are looking for. This is why so many people come on this site.....to find these answers.

Last edited:
I put a ml of test c in the vastus lateralis (top and side of the thigh) every week with a 1 in or 5/8 inch 25 ga needle. I know it's in the muscle when I feel a slight muscle quiver from the needle. Easy peasy. Takes 2 minutes. Go slow and ease the needle in when you first start if you're nervous.

I agree 100% Man Up! listen this is all part of the game... I HATE pinning but that is the best way to administer. I been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) since Last year (Nov.) and Yes it sucks pinning yourself weekly, but it is what it is... if you think the 23g x1 or 23gx1.5" is to much you can also pin with a either 25gx1" or 27gx1" now keep in mind if you go that route it will take longer to inject ampule due to Test-E or TEST-C being a thicker ester. I myself pin with different sizes, it all depends on where I plan to pin at; additionally I just recently change my injections schedule from weekly dose of 200mg (1cc/ml) TEST-C or TEST-E (I have both still deciding which one I feel better on) to every other week upping my dosage to 400mg (2cc/ml) to help alleviate soreness in gluten area. and YES my Doctor is aware of my dosage change and schedule.

Just RELAX take a deep breathe and pin, due it in the A.M after you shower is best you're body and muscles are lose and warm or if you still have issues order up some lidocaine cream to numb you up... in short you making this a bigger issue than what it really is. MAN UP!

Draw Needles = 20g or 18g doesn't matter I take whatever CVS has in stock

Shoulder = 25g x1" or 27g x 1" - I prefer the 27g

Leg/Thigh = 27g x 1" I recently try 25g x1" and my leg is really sore and currently difficult to walk, so I will be switching back to 27g

Glute/Butt = 23g x1", 25g x1" or 27g x 1" - I don't use the 23g pin that much anymore while it is easier for gear to flow through that gauge I prefer using the 25g x1" pin due to not stinging as bad.

Bro you are over analyzing everything. Use a alcohol swab to clean the area your going to inject and another to clean the top of your test bottle. Take a 18g pin and stick it in and pull out the amount you need, then swap it with a smaller 23g pin. Split you ass cheek into four sections and pin the top outter section, aspirate and inject slowly. It's simple you can do it. If you screw up or even forget a step your not going to die.. We've all done it before.

Ive given myself injections and its super easy, you got this!!!! A little tip, hold your skin somewhat taut and pin forcefully, less painful that way and keep the muscle relaxed..Thought about doing a video myself hehehe ;) Good luck!:kiss2:

Video makes people to understand easily, by viewing it visually. It makes them to grab more info. I do prefer to post videos, when compared to text.

Back