good routine ??

bobistheman

this has been my routine for 3 months now do you think it is good ?

Mon- chest,triceps
tues-back,biceps
wed-legs
thursday-shoulders,abs,cardio
firday-bicep,tricep

I have had some decent gains off of this so I dont think its to bad. what do you guys think? Iam thinking about doing the 5X5 routine next.

p.s. iam a newb

bobistheman said:

Mon- chest,triceps
tues-back,biceps
wed-legs
firday-bicep,tricep

I have had some decent gains off of this so I dont think its to bad. what do you guys think? Iam thinking about doing the 5X5 routine next.

p.s. iam a newb

If you are a newbee, than sticking to the basic chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders/legs is just fine. Build your foundation, take a year or two to find out what excersises your body likes, and dislikes, what works good for you and what doesnt. You will find that after much experience that you have to change things up a bit. Your routine is the most basic one and is the one that 95% of the people do. So stick to it for a period of time, and when you've built much more knowledge about your body, diet and training, then it will be time to step it up and move on. Train with focus and intensity. You said..."i have had some decent gains off this..." Bro what you have to understand is that its not your routine thats given you your gains, its your diet, sleep and how hard you train in the gym. If you see someone with Nice delts, go ask them what they do for them. Most people will help you and guide you. People are constantly asking me for advice, i take it as a complement, and help them. When someone shows you an excersise or how they do it, try it. If you like it, work it in, if you dont, throw it out...the important thing is that you tried it and found out you liked or disliked it. Hope this helps. Good luck.

EAT, SLEEP, LIFT...REPEAT

AngryMuscles said:
doing back then legs is a bit dangerous.

why? He is training legs on a completly seperate day. why would leg day be dangerous the day after back?

Onswoll said:
why? He is training legs on a completly seperate day. why would leg day be dangerous the day after back?
If he is doing deadlifts the day before squats, that's never a good idea b/c his CNS will def. be burnt. He might also be prone to injury because of the lack of rest in the week.

Get a rest day or two in there man or else you'll be burnin yourself out.

Winter said:
If he is doing deadlifts the day before squats, that's never a good idea b/c his CNS will def. be burnt. He might also be prone to injury because of the lack of rest in the week.

Get a rest day or two in there man or else you'll be burnin yourself out.

thats IF he's doing deal lifts...and the reality of it is....most people dont train dead lifts.

I just started dead lifts (stiff legged).....Iam thinking about alternating dead lifts and squats so i wont do them both within the same week. saturday and sunday are my only rest days. Iam open to any suggestions.

bobistheman said:

Mon- chest,triceps
tues-back,biceps
wed-legs
firday-bicep,tricep

p.s. iam a newb

This is the typical workout of someone who is not really that into it to go to the gym on the weekends, but has nothing better to do after work. No clue if that is you or not, just stating facts. Also, this is not a routine, it is a split. Not much anyone can comment on in a split.

Back