got my second epidoral no change!

tres

dr. shot me with my second epidoral last thursday, i am still limited with what i can do. my low left back will give me a quick jolt if i move to fast. he gave me zanaflex 4mgs also and seems to do nothing..i dont want to take too many drugs as i am on test. anybody have suggestions thanks

yes L 3,4,5, all herniated,,,which i have read should not cause low back spasms ,but that is what i am dealing with. i am gonna try 6 mgs of zanaflex tonight up from 4mgs yesterday

tres said:
yes L 3,4,5, all herniated,,,which i have read should not cause low back spasms ,but that is what i am dealing with. i am gonna try 6 mgs of zanaflex tonight up from 4mgs yesterday

This is my first post here but I have been lurking for a long time. I registered just to answer this post.

The best thing you can do for your back problems is nothing. By this I mean stay off it as much as possible. Spend many hours in a Hot Tub with no weight on your spine. I know that this is hard advice but it is really the best thing for herniated discs. They take a long time to heal and can be very painful. I would stay away from any weights. Swimming is about it for you for at least a year. You want to keep weight off of your lower spine and let it heal. If you load the lower spine it will take much longer to heal and it might cause permanent damage that will never heal. Take as few drugs as possible. They are only masking the pain and not helping heal your back. Good luck and don't let your ego drive you to do something that will give you more problems. I know it's hard to just do nothing but this is really what you need for some time to come.

tres said:
Who told you that? If those nerve roots are being irritated by the disc you could easily be getting muscle spasms from it. Sounds like you need to try decompression therapy. Something like this:
http://www.extentrac.com/doctors/
There should be physical therapists or chiropractors near you who have equipment similar to this.

dude i had same shit, but only one disc. i know how bad i hurt. i had a disc replacement done. haven't felt this good in 8 yrs, i am only 7-8 weeks post op

dr. j or anybody i nthe know i added celebex last night to the muscle relaxer (which has done nada) and i think the celebrex helped me a bit. does celebrex help the low back ? and can it be taken 2x per day?

tres said:
dr. j or anybody i nthe know i added celebex last night to the muscle relaxer (which has done nada) and i think the celebrex helped me a bit. does celebrex help the low back ? and can it be taken 2x per day?
Celebrex is for inflammation so if it helped obviously you have some going on. If you've tried several drug related treatments; px killers/muscle relaxers, epidurals, etc. I really think you need to give the decompression therapy a try. I've seen cases like yours get to a point where the herniations have regressed but typically you'll need to continue the therapy on regular schedule (e.g. once/month) for the disc to continue to heal. Trying to avoid going under the knife is a good plan but with multiple level disc herniations you may need to consider it.

i feel a bit of relief from last night took only 200 mgs of celebrex. i would like to try 200mgs 2x a day but dont know if too much? i would like to not take the muscle relaxer as it seemed to do nothing. spin decompress i am gonna try. i am making calls today.

tres said:
i feel a bit of relief from last night took only 200 mgs of celebrex. i would like to try 200mgs 2x a day but dont know if too much? i would like to not take the muscle relaxer as it seemed to do nothing. spin decompress i am gonna try. i am making calls today.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/uspdi/203736.html#Brands

For moderate or severe pain, such as after dental or orthopedic procedures:
Adults— On the first day take 400 mg for the first dose then 200 mg as needed as a second dose. After the first day take 200 mg twice a day.

Back