HCG Mono did not work...Test injections next step

JT19

High all. Just an update on my hrt journy. My doc had me on HCG the past 8 weeks trying to see if my testicals could produce the amount of test I needed. I went in today and my bloods showed no increase to prior hcg. My levels were just over 17nmol/L before hcg and were 16 today. 16 is 461ng/dL for you american buddies! So he is going to start me on test shots. 100mg once a week. bloods in 4 weeks on the 3rd day after injection. I spoke to him about splitting them into twice a week and he said sometimes it helps sometimes not. He said if we need to do that we will but he wants to try once a week first.

So many variables here....
You can go safely up to 500 I.u 3 times a week.
A wiser move would have been to increase the dose to 400 et etc before going on TRT.
At 17 nmol TT HCG mono I feel great!!!!
JT have you thought about seeing a doc that you csn talk to?
Might be something as simple as depression....
No shame in going on wellbutrin a bit especially with mid range healthy T levels.
I dont know if u had a sleep study done either.

Well megatron I dont feel good at 461ng.dl. I am not depressed about anything. I get anxiety easy but im not depressed. Sex drive is down tho. Erections rarely work right. I am trying to listen to my doctor. He has been the best to me so far and wants to help me. Like I am stuck on what to do.

JT since HCG mono is not doing anything more than your body can do on its own.
Maybe a better game plan (for the time being) is to get back to the 19 nmol/l (547ng/dl) TT and see how you feel then?
Things might have changed or could very well improve.
Looks like your own endogenous Production is better than HCG mono. I would def. Opt for the natty endogenous T.

Turns out i was on 500 iu 3x a week. Not 350. And apollon when i was at 19 i still did not feel good

Turns out i was on 500 iu 3x a week. Not 350. And apollon when i was at 19 i still did not feel good

So when you get on TRT and get back to 19 or slightly higher what makes you think you will magically feel better?

JT: when are you going to start listening to the advice being given to you from guys won have been there? We get no financial benefit from whatever decision you end up making. We have no bias towards what treatment you select. We are just trying to help. Your doctor is not giving you good advice.

Last edited:
I am trying to make the best decition. It has almost been twkoyears of this bullshit. Nothing has worked very well for me so far. Everything else has been checked. I domt have aleep apnea. I sleep like a baby according to my test. I cant get my body to produce anything more than 19nmol/l even with 500iu of hcg 3x a week. I know some guys feel fine at those levels. What makea you think thats the level i should feel fine at. I dont. Everytime my test has went up ive notived little changea but ive maxed out at 19 and im no where near what i used to be. I dont feel great. I do not need amti depressants i dont even have a very stressful. I do not dwell on this shit anymore havemt in a year. Ive just tried to make steps in the right direction to feel good and like a man again. What else do i do. Take anti depressanta, anxiety meda, penis. Pills. Ect....or do i see if testosterone does helpe afterall. This has not been easy for me. Im not wanting to jump into being on trt for life but if it does make me feel better then i would for sure no lissues. Im trying to take advise from everyone thats what i have done so far and it has all led me to this point.

Did doc test "Cortisol AM" while on this HCG protocol?
Just seems odd....
Your Test increased while on clomid...but even with that you never did the labs day after stopping to see the diff from baselines....you never tested LH/ FSH either fresh off the clomid.
So there is no way to know what your pituitary can do if stimulated.
No bio available testosterone tests done either...
If I were you I would go back on 50 mg clomid 3 times a week for 4-6 months.
Did the TRT doc explain to you that you would need to be on HCG for a long time along with the TRT if there is any hope of you keeping your balls functtioning till you father a kid?

JT that doc is close to retirement too. There is no guarantee some other doc will just take over from him and not re assess. .. and I would say a very good chance you will get baselined in your future while seeking assessment for this issue you are facing.
Bro, coming off healthy levels of T for baselines is nothing I would recommend for anyone.
you can keep your balls healthy and functioning to a certain degree by staying on HCG while on TRT.
I just hope you make the right decision. Do you have script for Test shots?
Have you started yet?

Tell us what your diet is like...
Do you workout currently JT ?
Are you getting enough fats, zinc in your diet?

I agree with APOLLON. It might be something(s) as simple as high Cortisol levels. I used to feel like shit after my morning coffee has left my body. I stopped drinking coffee now, and I don't get that (crash) lethargic feeling anymore.

I agree with APOLLON. It might be something(s) as simple as high Cortisol levels. I used to feel like shit after my morning coffee has left my body. I stopped drinking coffee now, and I don't get that (crash) lethargic feeling anymore.

At 18 nmol ( 518 ng/dl) TT while doing the same dose as him of HCG. ...
I felt like jacking off all the time....
Workouts were great....
And I'm more primary than him.

Ya i havr a sript no i havent started. Yes i train. 5 days a week. My diet is good. I get 80-100 grams of hwalthy fats a day

Ya i havr a sript no i havent started. Yes i train. 5 days a week. My diet is good. I get 80-100 grams of hwalthy fats a day

Sounds like you have doubts. Or you would have pinned already and be done with it.
I haven't met many guys your age who work out be on the fence for starting Test shots, especially with script in hand.
All I'm saying is I saw very little difference between T levels of 18 nmol with HCG mono vs. 30 nmol with Test shots.
I had more libido and could function good at the HCG Mono levels of 520 ng/dl. I pinned the HCG IM though. With slin pins. I think you did sub q and with some funky guages that are for oil based stuff.
I'm just glad I got to some root issues that were really messing me up....
Like untreated sleep apnea and lowering dose of SSRIs that fucked my T levels literally.
Do wjat ever you want man. To be honest with you no one really cares about you in this world except your family and you.
It's your job to do whats right for you cause at the end you are the one that has to live with this and pin for the rest of your life.
I said my piece. I'm signing off this subject.

Back