HCG question CC/IU bac water mixing.

GaStrongman

*********NO SOURCE TALK*****The bottle says 5000 on it where I would assume they would put the amount of IU at. The bottle itself is half the size of a 10cc test vial. It comes with an ampule of bac water to mix. I mixed the bac water the way some doctors showed to do it on YouTube...the whole ampule into the jar...I pinned a total of 1500IU and the jar is empty. So my question is did I do something wrong? I would assume you use the bac water to mix all at once since it was an ampule and not a vial. I have pictures that I can dm someone who may know or want see the bottles side by side for comparison. Didn't want to post as the brand name is on they label of the hcg bottle.

5000ius worth of hcg powder mixed with 5cc of water would give you the ratio you need to keep things simple. Then you can draw your desired dose in ius on you insulin syringe.

*********NO SOURCE TALK*****The bottle says 5000 on it where I would assume they would put the amount of IU at. The bottle itself is half the size of a 10cc test vial. It comes with an ampule of bac water to mix. I mixed the bac water the way some doctors showed to do it on YouTube...the whole ampule into the jar...I pinned a total of 1500IU and the jar is empty. So my question is did I do something wrong? I would assume you use the bac water to mix all at once since it was an ampule and not a vial. I have pictures that I can dm someone who may know or want see the bottles side by side for comparison. Didn't want to post as the brand name is on they label of the hcg bottle.

Well, if you have 5000iu total and you want to use 1500iu that means you would have only injected 30% of the vial. Not 100%. 1500 ÷ 5000 = .30

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I intended on using the entire 5000iu. I was under the impression that mixing 1:1 would give me 100iu for every 0.1cc in the insulin syringe. So that's how I mixed it. What I believe was 5cc of bac water and a 5cc bottle with the hcg powder in it. 3 500iu injections later and it's empty...

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I intended on using the entire 5000iu. I was under the impression that mixing 1:1 would give me 100iu for every 0.1cc in the insulin syringe. So that's how I mixed it. What I believe was 5cc of bac water and a 5cc bottle with the hcg powder in it. 3 500iu injections later and it's empty...

Here is what I do for 5000iu vials of hCG. I mix in 2 ml of bac water. Then each .10ml = 250iu. Then you can inject smaller volumes.

This makes no sense. Clearly you did the math wrong. If you have an ampule...that's only 1CC of water. Youw ould know that when you draw it into the syringe. So if you added 1CC of water you have 5000iu/mL solution. So if you want 1500iu, you draw up roughly 1/3CC.

So if you have 5cc of water like you thought, that would make a 1000iu/mL solution. In that case you'd draw up 1.5CC if you want 1500IU.

It sounds like you mistook a 1mL ampule for 5mL of water.....but you would have figure out it was only 1mL when you drew it into the syringe so this is why I'm confused.

Back