heavy weights low reps

like bench press, but instead of a normal grip u have a reverse grip. So hands face top of your head instead of facing your feet.
It is suppose too put more empahize on your tricpes. I think it is a dangerous move.

house1 said:
mp5, i dont do much with barbells . i will throw them in once in awhile for something different. i stay away from flat bench barbell. kills my shoulders

i love dumbells - i feel you get more range of motion with them
i also prefer dumbells house!

Beast_19_301 said:
like bench press, but instead of a normal grip u have a reverse grip. So hands face top of your head instead of facing your feet.
It is suppose too put more empahize on your tricpes. I think it is a dangerous move.
dangerous wtf anthony clark benched in the mid 700s reverse grip and myself and my partner both ilft some pretty respectable weight with zero safety problems when i do go overhand conventional i use the thumbless grip and that is way more dangerous than reverse grip , i dont know where some of you come up with your opinions at :confused:

I tried it a while ago and it hurt my wrist pretty bad so I figured it was a dangerous excercise. Thats were my opinion comes from. But i started doing it again.

DADAWG said:
dangerous wtf anthony clark benched in the mid 700s reverse grip and myself and my partner both ilft some pretty respectable weight with zero safety problems when i do go overhand conventional i use the thumbless grip and that is way more dangerous than reverse grip , i dont know where some of you come up with your opinions at :confused:
It does not look unsafe to me just akward.I,ve tried it and personally don,t like this movement.I guess it is something you have to get used to....

Beast_19_301 said:
I tried it a while ago and it hurt my wrist pretty bad so I figured it was a dangerous excercise. Thats were my opinion comes from. But i started doing it again.
dont grip the bar like a conventional bench let the bar lay in the groove that runs from the bottom of the index finger to the bottom of the hand on the pinky side , the knuckle of the index finger will be pointing down the bar but keep the elbows tucked in

my last stint in county jail (3 months) all we had was a machine bolted to the wall with a regular bar we benched , curled , pressed, &rowed , and a alternate attachement thats pads went over your delts/traps for front squats/calf raises etc./off bench dips . ANYWAY we used regular + rev. grip benches for different movements since workouts were so damn limited in what you can actually do in there and i liked doing them . ive managed to stay out of cops cars for a while so i havent been doing them . good movement , really hit my triceps & i think it is what helped my benches .:40oz:

DEVILtrainer666 said:
my last stint in county jail (3 months) all we had was a machine bolted to the wall with a regular bar we benched , curled , pressed, &rowed , and a alternate attachement thats pads went over your delts/traps for front squats/calf raises etc./off bench dips . ANYWAY we used regular + rev. grip benches for different movements since workouts were so damn limited in what you can actually do in there and i liked doing them . ive managed to stay out of cops cars for a while so i havent been doing them . good movement , really hit my triceps & i think it is what helped my benches .:40oz:
yep it isw an excellant assistance excercise for conventional benchers because it blast the tris and front delts

DADAWG said:
yep it isw an excellant assistance excercise for conventional benchers because it blast the tris and front delts
BIG DADAWG : so since i do regular benches you think i need to re-start doing this movement after i do my regular benches ? what about keeping the inclines in there as well for 3 chest moves to bulk/gain strenth ?

DEVILtrainer666 said:
BIG DADAWG : so since i do regular benches you think i need to re-start doing this movement after i do my regular benches ? what about keeping the inclines in there as well for 3 chest moves to bulk/gain strenth ?
im not saying give up the inclines but switch up with reverse grip some workouts , you wont get as much chest but you will get much more front delt and tricep but remember to keep the elbows in [ they actually rub against my sides going up and down ] and i think a month or two of reverse grips is excellant to bust through to a new bench press max , especialy in the lockout

DADAWG said:
im not saying give up the inclines but switch up with reverse grip some workouts , you wont get as much chest but you will get much more front delt and tricep but remember to keep the elbows in [ they actually rub against my sides going up and down ] and i think a month or two of reverse grips is excellant to bust through to a new bench press max , especialy in the lockout
AWESOME ! im going to focus on the BIG 3 in a powerlifting cycle for the next 12 weeks but after wards ill start messing with revers grips everyother time or something . i agree it can help for sure . hell i might toss them in for a extra set or two once in a while on my big 3 cycle what you think ? i always use the big 3 regardless by the way !

DEVILtrainer666 said:
AWESOME ! im going to focus on the BIG 3 in a powerlifting cycle for the next 12 weeks but after wards ill start messing with revers grips everyother time or something . i agree it can help for sure . hell i might toss them in for a extra set or two once in a while on my big 3 cycle what you think ? i always use the big 3 regardless by the way !
while your on this 12 weeks would be a perfect time to do some warm up / really light reverse grips , to find your natural hand placement and get used to it also most people bring the bar lower on the chest than conventional , stay with your plan just use the 12 weeks to PLAY with the reverse gripand get comfortable , ps it is hard to unrack heavy weight so get handoffs

Back