HELP Cops = Trouble!!

Just an FYI (if this post is on the level... and who knows but I digress):

As a guest in a home (whether or not it was your mother's makes absolutely no difference) you had a reasonable expectation of privacy from a search of your belongings. Even more so due to the fact that whatever was found was in a locked case. It doesn't matter that your mom found it, a stranger found it or the cops came and searched it themselves, a good lawyer will get all evidence pursuant to a violation of your 4th Amendment rights thrown out. You'll have to pay for it but you will be completely exonerated, this assumes you didn't make any self-incriminating statements to the cops when they showed up.

Here's some case info on the 4th Amendment:

In Minnesota v. Olson, 495 U.S. 91, 98-100 (1990), the United States Supreme Court made clear that a guest who stays even one night in a friend's home -- with or without a key, and with or without paying rent - "has a legitimate expectation of privacy in his host's home. That the guest has a host who has ultimate control of the house is not inconsistent with the guest having a legitimate expectation of privacy" in the home. In short, regardless of whether an adult or juvenile resided in a palatial mansion or a single room in a transitional shelter, regardless of whether he owned the residence or was allowed to remain without paying rent, and regardless of whether his landlord, friend or relative had a master key and could enter to ensure that he was abiding by the rules of the house, the guest has a reasonable expectation of privacy in his home.
Def good to know!! Good find!

wow yah thats good stuff
i remember that shit from A.P. Gov back in high school
im glad that there's precident thats on my side to support me in the possition im in.

i will likely have a court appointed attourny (like 90% sure) are they usually no so good at comming acrost supporting evidence like you just presented?

i guess what i mean to say is will a court appointed attourny be like some total dumbass or do i have a fighting chance of getting out of this with one?

First of all that privacy shit is total bullshit. it's your MOTHERS HOUSE! Shes a cunt bitch whore motherfucker for going through your shit, but she can do whatever the fuck she pleases, ITS NOT YOUR HOUSE! You can spend $5k on the newest high tech led tv and have the reciept in your pocket. Your mom can pick that shit up right out of your room and put it in her bedroom and even when you call the cops and show them your reciept shes going to come out on top.

As for NOT listening to the 32487239045293894292378 people on this thread ESPECIALLY me, someone who is EXTREMELY firmiliar with the legal system andyour STILL going with a public defender? Well... Send us your din number buddy, we'll send you some muscle and fitness magazines to your prison becuase you are 120% FUCKED! A public defender couldnt stop you from going to jail for fucking jay walking!

my mom ratted me out to my out patient treatment, which was court appointed and they busted me when I came in. Tested me on the spot and kicked me out. I got busted a wk or so later also for possession, was lucky and got a suspended sentence. Had a possesion charge and a couple counts of violating my probation. Good thing I cleaned up well for my court date! My mom and I hated each other back then, and did absolutly nothing because I still partied up till a couple yrs ago, this was when I was 18 and still at home.

Last edited:
my mom ratted me out to my out patient treatment, which was court appointed and they busted me when I came in. Tested me on the spot and kicked me out. I got busted a wk or so later also for possession, was lucky and got a suspended sentence. Had a possesion charge and a couple counts of violating my probation. Good thing I cleaned up well for my court date! My mom and I hated each other back then, and did absolutly nothing because I still partied up till a couple yrs ago, this was when I was 18 and still at home.

Possession of what, I am gonna guess it was weed or something and not steroids... Weed is a joke, you cant even get arrested in my town for weed, you get a ticket.

Are you saying the boy's MOTHER violated his 4th amendment rights to illegal search and seizure? Can a guest in the home have a reasonable expectation of privacy even when the host is his own mom?
Did the police read him his rights BEFORE he made self incriminating statements? Is this not a 5th amendment violation?

No one should further try and help this dude since he is going with a public defender. Seriously, you could have 100% hard evidence and a public defender would STILL loose the case. Your fucked, end of story, thread closed.

Snitches get the shiv.

I am still in awe that a mother would call the law on their own child.

I cannot comprehend this concept.

You dont call the police on your own family unless your life is being threatened.

I would never speak to my mother again over something like this. EVER.

please if there is any one out there i most sincerly request that this tread and all my other treads as well as my account are deleted.

please help me avoid further self incrimination

bud you were warned days ago to stop posting. takes a while to catch on eh?

if your going to do time make it worth it. sell everything that is of value to your mother. and then smack the shit out of her take the assulat charge aswell.

or press charges on your mom for breakin in to your locked property in the first place. once u get her for that, these charges may be dropped all together! then change your last name....

this whole thread is full of advice by people guessing. its funny how people would rather have crap reassurance everything will be fine versus the truth..

the mom betraying her own child like that is something I would never forgive. Does she hate your or something?...like she wants you to move out and never ever talk to her again? that's the message I'm getting. any mom that guarantee's her son a felony count isn't helping her offspring get a leg up on life. That's something to consider. But I'm sure you knew her personality, so the question gets to be "why did you ever trust her".... I would never betray my man, my family, or anyone I called a friend. And if I had a problem, I would discuss it with them before calling in the police.
The advice that says "don't worry because you had pins and glassware which showed personal use" is crap...the prosecutor will say because you had the ability to manufacture and the ingredients to do so, you should be held accountable for every count against you..All I have to say is I'm glad you're 20 with nothing living at mom's. If you had a house, a nice car and a bank account, you'd be today's headlines. btw, whatever happened to that guy in KY that got caught in his honda accord with a bunch of powder and 200K cash? I guess it all matters WHERE you get popped and how they perceive you and your so called crime. good luck. move out. I would never talk to that woman again.

this whole thread is full of advice by people guessing. its funny how people would rather have crap reassurance everything will be fine versus the truth..

the mom betraying her own child like that is something I would never forgive. Does she hate your or something?...like she wants you to move out and never ever talk to her again? that's the message I'm getting. any mom that guarantee's her son a felony count isn't helping her offspring get a leg up on life. That's something to consider. But I'm sure you knew her personality, so the question gets to be "why did you ever trust her".... I would never betray my man, my family, or anyone I called a friend. And if I had a problem, I would discuss it with them before calling in the police.
The advice that says "don't worry because you had pins and glassware which showed personal use" is crap...the prosecutor will say because you had the ability to manufacture and the ingredients to do so, you should be held accountable for every count against you..All I have to say is I'm glad you're 20 with nothing living at mom's. If you had a house, a nice car and a bank account, you'd be today's headlines. btw, whatever happened to that guy in KY that got caught in his honda accord with a bunch of powder and 200K cash? I guess it all matters WHERE you get popped and how they perceive you and your so called crime. good luck. move out. I would never talk to that woman again.

Sounds to me like mommy is a good case of what I like to think of as a standard "Republican Religious Fanatic". (no offense to republicans out there) She probably equates shooting juice in the same category as shooting heroin or meth. Furthermore she probably believes that putting an "unknown" substance in her sons body will in turn "damn her son's soul to hell". Also she is probably to chicken shit deal with her son in an upright manner. ("daddy isn't around to spank little Johnny and my nerves cant take it, I have no choice but to call the cops, to control my "wild child".) Sounds to me like classic case of a dysfunctional family.

first of all that privacy shit is total bullshit. It's your mothers house! Shes a cunt bitch whore motherfucker for going through your shit, but she can do whatever the fuck she pleases, its not your house! You can spend $5k on the newest high tech led tv and have the reciept in your pocket. Your mom can pick that shit up right out of your room and put it in her bedroom and even when you call the cops and show them your reciept shes going to come out on top.

As for not listening to the 32487239045293894292378 people on this thread especially me, someone who is extremely firmiliar with the legal system andyour still going with a public defender? Well... Send us your din number buddy, we'll send you some muscle and fitness magazines to your prison becuase you are 120% fucked! A public defender couldnt stop you from going to jail for fucking jay walking!

100% correct !

Back