Hit new PR on Deadlift today

Mdrive

Hit 240 lbs for several reps today. I know it's probably not as much as most of y'all's, but I have been reading the benifets and trying to incorporate more deadlifts in my routine.
I was really excited, You know one of those workouts you have when everything is clicking just right? My legs and back felt solid today, Good music and your all your lifts are solid. Wish all my workouts were like this.
Happy 4th guys!

Great job! Those kinds of sessions more than make up for the couple "blah" ones I know I face from time to time. :)

Just make sure you leave some reps in the tank when you go heavy. Going to failure on deads can be damaging. You'll be pulling 500+ soon enough. Deads are the king of compound movements really.

I gained most of my strength in my dead lift by keeping my reps 4 and below. Anything higher I found to not be effective in gaining strength. Also maybe incorpate some front squats prior to your dead lift, it helps warm you up for the big pulls.

I'm not a fan of front squats especially if I try to go heavy, they just feel so dang awkward, like I don't have control of the bar. I'm more old school and stick to back squats.
I still remember my old hard nose football coach gathering all the guys around the only squat rack we had at practice and making us push our limits to the extreme.... I hated them then, but miss them now.

I'm not a fan of front squats especially if I try to go heavy, they just feel so dang awkward, like I don't have control of the bar. I'm more old school and stick to back squats.
I still remember my old hard nose football coach gathering all the guys around the only squat rack we had at practice and making us push our limits to the extreme.... I hated them then, but miss them now.

First time I started front squatting i hated it because it was so awkward .. but over time I stuck with them an now i love them. For example yesterday was my deadlift day so I did front squats with 185lbs for 6-10 reps just to get a pump and warm myself up then pulled 545lb for an easy 2. I wouldn't give up on them just yet, or if you have a squat safety bar, you can reverse it and place it on the front of you and front squat that way. Good luck.

every time you progress in the gym its a small victory.. celebrate it.. its about a bunch of short term goals and compile into meeting a long term goal..

well done brother!

Back