Home brew question racking my brain here!!!!!

Inhuman2012

If I purchased sterile sealed 10ml vials can I put my home brew in them then use the flip tops and seal it up. What do I use for this ? Not the standard crimper right? Or do I have to get open vials and put the whole cap , stopper thing in?

Buy Sterile vials. Take the top off, put your gear in. Then buy flip tops and a crimper to put it back on. U dont need rubbers bc they come with them. Just vials, tops and a crimper.

Y take the tops off? Can't u just stick a needle in the top of vial thru the rubber, and then inject the filtered gear thru another needle. The first needle only vents the air your replacing with oil,right?

Y take the tops off? Can't u just stick a needle in the top of vial thru the rubber, and then inject the filtered gear thru another needle. The first needle only vents the air your replacing with oil,right?
You are correct. That is all you need to do

So can u start with a sealed vial and add the flip top after filling or do u need to just start with an open vial if u want a flip top .

So can u start with a sealed vial and add the flip top after filling or do u need to just start with an open vial if u want a flip top .
Yes get sealed vials. Carefully take metal top off with some pliers. Being carful not to damage the class. Remove the stopper to insert gear. Put stopper back in and place flip top on and crimp it with the crimper tool.

If you go the recapping route, be sure to purchase the correct crimper. There are standard and fliptop crimpers.

By the way, they're also pretty expensive. 180+ for flip top.

If you have to take the stopper out to begin with why not just get the vials , stoppers and caps seperate. Save the trouble of pulling the tops off.

If you have to take the stopper out to begin with why not just get the vials , stoppers and caps seperate. Save the trouble of pulling the tops off.

Sure. I was simply giving options. There's tons of ways to do it. I do this so I don't have to work about sanitation or anything geting in them tell I use them. It's not the only way just the way I choose.

Sure. I was simply giving options. There's tons of ways to do it. I do this so I don't have to work about sanitation or anything geting in them tell I use them. It's not the only way just the way I choose.

Ok. It's getting more n more expensive the more I research. Carrier oil is expensive 4 liters for 215$. Then bottle top filtration , cause whatmans just aren't gonna do it. wich do I get I don't even know

Ok. It's getting more n more expensive the more I research. Carrier oil is expensive 4 liters for 215$. Then bottle top filtration , cause whatmans just aren't gonna do it. wich do I get I don't even know

Carrier oil should not be $215. I found a gallon of GSO for under $40 shipped. Or just go to the grocery store.

Back