How effective is ZINC for you? Seems overly effective on me!

Jimstigator

Fellas,

As I've posted about before - I struggle with low estrogen while on TRT.

My latest bloodwork on 60mg tcyp E3D:
TT 1016 (348-1197)
Estradiol, Sensitive 12 (3-70)
Estrogens, Total 120 (40-115) - I generally just ignore this reading and rely on sensitive. Thoughts?

This is pretty much the story of my entire time on TRT. I don't feel amazing with super high T, so I don't want to take that any higher. Mostly because my nipples get sensitive/irritated as hell! Even with those low estrogen levels.

I take no AI, but I do take zinc at 50mg a day w/ 2mg copper. Is it really that effective as an AI? Is that why my estrogen levels are always so low? I've read passing comments about it from forum to forum, but never really took much notice. Lately, I have been reading it can be a pretty potent AI for some guys.

Anyone have the same experience with it? I suppose my next step is to stop the zinc, which is the only supp I take than I've seen might effect estrogen.

-Jim

Try going off the zinc. But typically it doesn't seem to lower levels that much.

Just curious, what form of zinc are you taking?

What is your body fat %?

Try going off the zinc. But typically it doesn't seem to lower levels that much.

Just curious, what form of zinc are you taking?

What is your body fat %?

Zinc Gluconate straight off Amazon.

In my head, the fix is to bump my T levels to a range that keeps estrogen in the 20s, but that's where I get stuck. At that latest T reading, 1016, my nips burn. Its a constant agitation slightly different than the sensation of having the gyno lump behind them. My chest literally feels warmer, like blood flow is higher in my pecs. This seems to feel the worst at peak readings. I've never gotten to the bottom of it 100%, but there are other guys I've found who experience general sensitivity increases with higher T despite low or normal estrogen levels.

At one point I blamed it on HCG, but now I just think its high TT levels. Prolactin has been checked and is low although I tried caber at one point just to make sure.

I just had gyno surgery a few months ago (which looks healed, thank god, in the picture) - so if dropping TT dose is what makes them feel better, then I am all for it. The struggle - then I live with rock bottom E.

As for BF%... generally float between 10-14% depending on the current goal. Just kind of a tone, slightly above average dude.

-Jim

diP9WvZl.jpg

Last edited:
Oddly enough, I basically gave up drinking alcohol a few years back when I was really screwed up and had trouble managing estrogen while on SERMs.

Is that my new pro-estrogen?!

-Jim

Your taking basically 120 mg of test a week is all?

As of that draw, 140. 60mg, E3D, not E3.5D. No HCG, no AI. Resulted in TT of a bit over 1000 and sensitive E of 12. Trouble is higher T levels bug my nips. Lower T levels don't as much... but also rock bottom my E. Although its currently at 12... so I guess its kind of already rock bottom.

-Jim

Last edited:
As Megatron stated zinc doesn't work that well. That's odd. I would call you very lucky as far as your e2 seems rather easy to control, almost too easy. Either cut the zinc out completely, or I would cut it in half. If you're taking it every day, take it every other day, or cut your daily dosage in half. If it's 50mg, take 25.

You don't aromatize much anyway on TRT, at least thats what I gathered on reading from your posts...
Zinc.... not to convinced it does all that much.
You're pretty lean.
you still on 60 mg E3D T?

As of that draw, 140. 60mg, E3D, not E3.5D. No HCG, no AI. Resulted in TT of a bit over 1000 and sensitive E of 12. Trouble is higher T levels bug my nips. Lower T levels don't as much... but also rock bottom my E. Although its currently at 12... so I guess its kind of already rock bottom.

-Jim

T irritates your nipples?
How do you know it's T ?
Hows your Progesterone?

T irritates your nipples?
How do you know it's T ?
Hows your Progesterone?

Nothing else is high, or even remotely high. Progesterone last tested was .6 (.2-1.4). I get some of the most comprehensive bloodwork I've seen every few months and everything is normal by TRT standards, not quack Dr standards.

When I used 76mg E3.5D, my nips went nuts. I lowered it to 60E3D...so not much lower. Better but not completely. I've now moved to 50E3D and gotten some more relief. Over the last 8 months I've had TT and sensitive E tested every two weeks. Without fail, the higher my T, the more nip agitation. And it's not tied to estrogen. Initially I thought it might be and tanked my E for over a month... No relief until I lowered T dose.

Thanks,
-Jim

Last edited:
Prolactin also low. Tried cabergoline anyway and it did nothing.

Can't a man just have a TT of 800, sens E of 25, and some normal titties!?

My dad takes a lot of zinc. His E2 was 7 pg/ml a few weeks ago. Before that it was 17 i think. He's pretty healthy though.

Maybe you have sensitive E2 receptors in your body or something. You got any family history for breast/prostate cancer? endometriosis? Hormone sensitive diseases, etc?

There are genes that even control how sensitive our androgen receptors are, so there might be a mechanism for estrogens.

Last edited:
Zinc has been a very powerful AI for me. I broke my dick off cycle taking about 50mg zinc/day, was thinking the same thing as you "could it be the zinc??? Nahhhhhh." Because everyone on the forums says it's not strong enough to do anything. I did bloods and E2 was at 9!

My take is, people underestimate natural supplements power. Especially steroid users on this and other forums. Like "It's just zinc bro! It's not drugs." Ok, sure mg per mg zinc ain't got shit on arimidex. I drove my E2 too low with a-dex on cycle at .5mg/ EOD. .5mg EOD of zinc won't do anything to you. But you're not taking .5mg. You're taking 50mg/day. 50/mg zinc a day for me was 200X the dose of adex I was taking. So yes, it's just a supplement, it's not drugs, but at high doses supps can be very powerful.

Take this as a compliment but you look in better shape than most D1 college wrestlers.

Have you ever tried HCG? That would bump up your Estradiol a little bit. In my reading normal Estradiol varies depending on the person but a decent range to be in is 22-32. When you had gyno did you take anything for it?

Take this as a compliment but you look in better shape than most D1 college wrestlers.

Have you ever tried HCG? That would bump up your Estradiol a little bit. In my reading normal Estradiol varies depending on the person but a decent range to be in is 22-32. When you had gyno did you take anything for it?

Odd seeing this thread bumped - as I have another post in a similar one around here talking about how Zinc and DIM seemed to do nothing for me. To kind of close the loop - Labcorps testing was shitty and lowballing my estrogen values, for nearly a year. During that year, I had the major flare on some old gyno and subsequent removal via surgery. Out of no where, when I suspected the high E, but the test kept coming back low, I got some results with high E. Every test going forward from that one, all showed high, not low. I called and they mentioned, albeit under their breath, that some tests had been wrong and they moved to the better assessment, LC/MS.

I am not as sure Zinc does much for me these days.

Back