how long til some of you stop AS for good?

Powerhouse9

I have been going for 6 years now. And I am unsure when I will stop I think a few more cycles then I am done. But then I think about how my natural test levels are gonna naturally start lowering soon and that makes me just want to stay on and do very moderate cycles. After all I don't plan on competing at all. When do you guys see yourselves quitting it, or do ya? What would it take:kids,health problems, legal problems,financial reasons?

well i have no plans as of yet to stop buti know my wife would rather i didnt , she doeesnt tel me not to a or anything but she is worried aboutlegal implications and how it wpould affect the kids so who knows could be by the end of the year of end of my life

I have been giving this much thought lately. I just turned 30 and have been training hard for 12 years and am at a point where I do not want ot engorge myself with shitloads of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and food to gain more weight. I am 250 right now and when I get heavier I feel like shit. I started at 165 so I am very much over my potential and quality gains are hard to come by anymore. I am looking to just maintain and or put on small amounts of lean weight. I am contemplating trying some short 8 week moderate dose cycle's or maybe the short cycle route.

DROID

i am at 1400mg a week this cycle, and that is a lttle much for me, i am a litle edgy. I am not sure about stopping but will not be going over 1gram a weeks again, and no more than 2 drugs at a time. I am not into the increasing dosages that i see some people taking. I actually want to get lighter with better proportions, than just all out mass gaining now.

I guess you could say this thread is relevant to the one about, "Are steroids addicting?" We can all tell ourselves that we are going to stop at a certain age or time, but I am quite interested to see just how many of us can really stay off? I often contemplate whether most have the ability to stop permanently on their own will, or if it takes a serious related illness to call it quits.

I am concerned about my own self having the ability to once and for all calling it quits, when the time comes. I am hoping that I have this strength and will, before my body calls it quits for me.

I always think about never going "on" again....after a cycle....but, then i see what i have accomplished, and i want more....more...and more....

E

I will quit once my girlfriend moves in with me....I would never put her at any sort of legal risk....what If I get popped at home and then she's taken to jail also...or atleast caught up in the legal battle....I will never have Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) in my house if my girlfriend, fiancee, wife, or kids are in the house!

TechChemY said:
I will quit once my girlfriend moves in with me....I would never put her at any sort of legal risk....what If I get popped at home and then she's taken to jail also...or atleast caught up in the legal battle....I will never have Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) in my house if my girlfriend, fiancee, wife, or kids are in the house!

i can always order them and store them at my house :D

This cycle that I'm wrapping up now probably will be my last. I'm getting married in June and don't know if I will go back on. My fiancé doesn't like me doing it but she would not stop me from it if that is what I wanted. I just don't know if it's the right thing to be doing when we are talking about starting a family.

Until I reach my goal......also I will make sure I am not dying either. Health would be my first thing of quiting

I would have to say, that I have a 2 year old kid. And having him walk into the room and ask what I am doing when I am drawing up test into the syringe has opened my eyes more. I minds well be getting ready to shoot heroin because thats how I felt. I definately gotta kick this before he realizes things are weird. Not to mention I dont need him grabbing Dbol and eating them like they are "num nums".

Powerhouse9 said:
I would have to say, that I have a 2 year old kid. And having him walk into the room and ask what I am doing when I am drawing up test into the syringe has opened my eyes more. I minds well be getting ready to shoot heroin because thats how I felt. I definately gotta kick this before he realizes things are weird. Not to mention I dont need him grabbing Dbol and eating them like they are "num nums".

why dont you just shoot in the bathroom or in your bedroom?

AAS Duration

Probably the most important consideration for one doing androgens for an extended length of time is the suppression of HPTA. Assuming one is careful as to the medications (dose, indications, interactions), sterile technique (injections), & immediate side-effects (e.g., acne, fluid-retention, gynecomastia, etc.) it is probably safe to state that adverse effects to the liver, cardiac, and hematological may be problematic but not life-threatening. However, it would be good for peace-of-mind (and confirmation) to have lab tests (comprehensive metabolic panel, lipid panel, hemoglobin/hematocrit) run ~every 6 months. Surprising, but true, small nuisances and irritations to life may be easily explained by a review of medications, labs, diet and exercise by a knowledgeable (and concerned) person.
But, by all means the greatest problem overall and undoubetdly the most common is HPTA disruption. It can be very difficult to stop all androgens and wait for HPTA normalization due to the signs & symptoms suffered of hypogonadism after androgen cessation. The degree and difficulty for HPTA normalization appears to be directly related to the type, dose, & duration of androgens used (no dfefinitive studies). A better question I have found is that all of the gains and strides one could possibly hope for can be done by on-off periods (cycling). During the off period it is paramount to ensure HPTA normalization. This can be easily done while gaining 2+ pounds LBM/month. Attached is a recent article on long-term reversal of side-effects after prolonged androgen use. Read carefully!!! 2/15 still had hypogonadism; 13/15 had low normal testosterone. Good Health.

i will probably juice till i feel i have reached my goals. now, im not saying i will juice till i have reached the goal i want to be at. i am saying that i am gonna juice till i reach my goal of how big i wanna be while using.

I don't think I will ever stop. I plan on being on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and GH when I get older anyway. My only concern is making myself sterile. I still want to stay fertile enough to have kids.

I was only drawing it up for a shot, and he was occupied watching tv with his mom, he just wandered in looking for me. Believe me its nothing I want him to see, and I will be more careful now.

Do you think with all the health problems Yates has had that he still doesn't atleast do primobolan depot and deca? Something mild? If I could stay at 215lbs around 7-8%BF and still bench 315 for 12 reps. I think I would totally call it quits, and only possibly take it up again in another 20 years or so when I become an old man with dropping test levels. By then insurance will probably cover it and it will be legal.

I certainly don't see myself "quitting" for good. I want to continue to cycle and gain while I'm still young, but not become sterile. Then once I reach a size and leanness I like (god knows how long that will take), I will probably just do light cycles to maintain that. But once I get to be 40 or so and I don't care about being sterile, you better believe I'm putting myself on enhanced Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), something like a little test, GH, and maybe EQ or deca or primo. So to answer your question, I never see myself quitting for good.

as long as i can stay healthy. keep doses at a minimum as i do now i will continue to dable with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) for a very long time.

now if it starts effecting my health . i will stop.

Back