How many older guys in here, been on TRT for years?

freakenstine

I'm just curious if there is any record of anyone being on TRT long term and in to their older ages.
I'm nearly 55 and thinking about going on TRT..

There are a few active guys here that fit that description. I'm not over 55, but I can tell you my grandfather was on TRT for 16 years up to the age of 81.

I am 73. Been on TRT for almost 3 years. Love it. Bigger muscles, less fat, better appearance, more strength, more stamina, better sex.

Wow, that's awesome to hear. Do you know what sort of regime he was following?

He was on roughly 200mg/wk equivalent in transdermals as he was afraid of injecting himself. I really wanted to give him shit for that, but there's little doubt in my mind that he could have taken me down lol.

I am 73. Been on TRT for almost 3 years. Love it. Bigger muscles, less fat, better appearance, more strength, more stamina, better sex.

There is a guy elsewhere I read that has been on for something wild like 40+ years and still going strong into his 80s. I believe he does 160mg a week, split over two doses, uses exemestane, and looks to be loving life.

-Jim

Great thread! Congrats Virginian on being an example for us to follow as we travel down the long road of age :biggthump

PS for those reading we have clients that have been on TRT for over 20 years :)

I'm 46, never done AAS, had a basic blood test this week, my T4 is below the lab's 'OK' range, T3 and TSH barely in range, my testosterone is that of a guy who is 35 years older than me.

I started at 48 and I don't have any regrets, stronger, leaner, and look and feel good. like mowing my yard. I just didn't care a bout it any more. But after the last 8months. My yard looks great, I play harder with my kids. I would rather live REALLY GOOD up to 75-80. than to survive to 100.. for what its worth..

I think this makes you our oldest member here, Old muscle mike check it out!

Hey Milton , I'm on it!! :wavey:
I already sent him a PM and asked him to check in on the who's who in age and 60 above.

Damn all you guys coming out here on this thread with your age, PLEASE if you haven't check in on my thread "Who are our members over 65 years of age"

But then I continued it and went down to 50, 40 and now I'll get to 30's. But never the less post on the thread with your age and if you don't mind when or how long you have been doing AAS or in some cases whatever you are doing on Steroidology. Thanks

He was on roughly 200mg/wk equivalent in transdermals as he was afraid of injecting himself. I really wanted to give him shit for that, but there's little doubt in my mind that he could have taken me down lol.

Jesus, do you live in a family of giants? Your grandfather must have been huge if you were worried about him taking you down.

If you don't mind me asking, can I ask what he passed from?

Really interested in this thread. Hope no one minds if I revive it.

I'm 63 next month, on 100 mg test cyp for the past 8 months. Results have been more than I could've imagined. Gaining back muscle I haven't had for 25 years despite regular workouts, sex drive like when first married, improved energy and mental clarity. Don't want to ever come off, results are that good.

Looking forward to continued good health and wellness. Curious as to how other older guys are faring and what to expect.

Mountain Man wrote:

"I'm 63 next month, on 100 mg test cyp for the past 8 months."

That's the lowest T protocol I've ever heard of. 100mg/e8m.
;)

:Pat: .. Revive an old thread ..Huh . :smash:

Man you look awesome it that's you. I'm not half that , I was but from 63 to now 65 it has gone down hill for me. Health problems just seem to be hitting me hard.

So we are all so different.

Good luck with the TRT... :wavey: Welcome

Last edited:
Back