How much cardio

Numbnutz11731

So I just started first cycle of sust.Im 210 6'1". I usually do cardio after my lift pretty much every other day.My question is is this too little..I dont wanna get fat as a bastard!!!!!
Thx.

I'm not sure how many sessions you do per week and for how long, but I never go below three 30 minute cardio sessions per week.

How is your diet?
If you have a pretty clean diet, then there is no way you should get fat. 30 min of cardio 2-3 times a week is good. If you feel your not getting the results then just add more.

Its pretty clean I just try to consume as much protien as possible and stay away from the shit food......But my diet has always been half way decent.I do miss my taco bell though...Thanks for the advice.

Clean diet is the key, as was already stated. More specificly, the amount of calories you are taking in according to that diet, vs. the amount you are burning during any given day. If you are doing cardio sessions for weightloss only bro, then my advice to you is to quit, and just adjust your diet. You will have more time to focus on your weight-routine that way w/o having to worry about doing that bothersome shit at the end. Say you are doing a mild cardio session 3 days/week, and let's say are burning 300 cals/session. That's a high-end guess too bro(on calories burned) depending on what type of cardio you do. 300 calories (even though that would constitute a moderately intense 30 minute session)is nothing dude. Certainly not worth wasting 30 minutes over as far as I am concerned! That equates to one large chicken breast(plain), and a 12 ounce glass of OJ. Why not just cut that amount of calories out of your daily caloric intake and say fuck the cardio?? Now, on the other hand, if you like the cardio for the cardiovascular benefits, and the added overall good health, then by all means have your sessions. I am just saying, as a fatloss aid, cardio is a WASTE! To make it effective as such, you would have to do such intense routines daily, that it would definitely put you into an overtraining/catabolic mode. If you were not trying to build muscle, and were simply trying to lose weight, then you could do these types of routines("Spinning" comes to mind). Not for you though. Moderate amounts wont hurt you, but won't aid in fatloss either. Ok. Point made. :D:D

Last edited:
SkedMedz said:
Clean diet is the key, as was already stated. More specificly, the amount of calories you are taking in according to that diet, vs. the amount you are burning during any given day. If you are doing cardio sessions for weightloss only bro, then my advice to you is to quit, and just adjust your diet. You will have more time to focus on your weight-routine that way w/o having to worry about doing that bothersome shit at the end. Say you are doing a mild cardio session 3 days/week, and let's say are burning 300 cals/session. That's a high-end guess too bro(on calories burned) depending on what type of cardio you do. 300 calories (even though that would constitute a moderately intense 30 minute session)is nothing dude. Certainly not worth wasting 30 minutes over as far as I am concerned! That equates to one large chicken breast(plain), and a 12 ounce glass of OJ. Why not just cut that amount of calories out of your daily caloric intake and say fuck the cardio?? Now, on the other hand, if you like the cardio for the cardiovascular benefits, and the added overall good health, then by all means have your sessions. I am just saying, as a fatloss aid, cardio is a WASTE! To make it effective as such, you would have to do such intense routines daily, that it would definitely put you into an overtraining/catabolic mode. If you were not trying to build muscle, and were simply trying to lose weight, then you could do these types of routines("Spinning" comes to mind). Not for you though. Moderate amounts wont hurt you, but won't aid in fatloss either. Ok. Point made. :D:D

But doesn't doing cardio in the morning, especially HIIT, continue to burn calories even hours after the session? If this is true, combined with hard dedicated lifting, wouldn't you be training your body to be a calorie/fat burning machine?? Not only are your muscles using cal for energie, but isn't your metabolism raised? Thus over time (say 8-12 weeks of cardio 3x week) the effects of your cardio effort are greater than having just cut out 36 chicken breasts and glasses of OJ from your diet? I believe there are more benefits to cardio than to say, hey i just burned 200-300 calories and that is it and my body will not be affected afterwards...that line of thinking must be coming from someone who builds muscles grabbing their socks from the floor, or who can manage to eat tons of fast food and still look lean (like a few of my damn friends!)

It is interesting that people like supps like ECA/Clen, etc. to burn fat because in part in speeds up the metabolism - but hell, aren't you doing that naturally when incorporating the cardio, especially when they are short durations of HIIT training?

Unless you are genetically lean or muscular and a mesomorph, cardio seems logical to burn fat in areas us hard gainers have more difficulty with. By the way, previously I lifted hard and ate CLEAN for a period of 3 months and didn't do any cardio because i hurt my ankle and couldn't run (that is the only form of cardio that i like). Didn't do shit for my love handles. But i then threw in a month of the running afterwards, and the handles slowly began to get smaller. But, maybe i was just imagining it...not likely.

Last edited:
Beast_19_301 said:
How is your diet?
If you have a pretty clean diet, then there is no way you should get fat. 30 min of cardio 2-3 times a week is good. If you feel your not getting the results then just add more.

agreed!:p

Why not cut the meal and still do the cardio? At a 5 mile per hour pace u can burn around 400 cals in 30 mins and get a great sweat going. Do this first thing in the morning on a emty stomach add some sort of fat burner and you should be stoked to burn some serious fat.

I think you should be doind cardio a min of 3-4 times per week. Basicly train with weights then a cardio day and so on. Take a break on the 7th day. And start over

i get 600 cals in 32 mins on the cross trainer. all u do is put the level on twenty and go as fast as u can.afterward u look like a fat guy who just got done chasing a cookie, but its intense. all u need is a henry rollins cd to keep you going. and a nice ass on the machine in front of you, or besdie you or near the mirror so you can see her working thats a big help too. sometimes if the ass is nice enouph ill stay for an hour. i love hot cardio college students. they rule.
aww the life of a married man.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I just workout in my damm garage so the view is basicly a wall!

When I can scrape up some extra cash I am going to get a better machine so I can work a bit harder. Right now my tread only goes to 5.5 miles per hour with no incline.

Back