HRT bros - do you use an anti-arom??

Stillgoing

I've been on HRT for 8 months or so, at 150mg a week, and while I'm under 10%bf and consistently go low carbs and do cardio, I'm retaining water, particularily in my face.

Do you guys run arimidex or femara or aromasin or nolv? If so, what dose? Are these compounds safe for use over the long-term?

Let me know. Thanks....

I'm on 100 mg test per week plus Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) @ 500 IU per week. I'm gyno prone and find my nips are a little sore on these dosages, so I am currently using 20 mg nolva 2 x per week. Seems to be enough to ward off gyno symptoms. I think I want to switch to arimadex though for the long term to keep estrogen in the mid range.

Have you had your estrogen levels checked since going on? I'm going to get this done shortly..... I was told by an HRT doc to request an estradiol test using the extraction method (which is a better way of testing E in males). HRT doc reccommended .25 arimadex every other day and to retest estrogen levels in one month after starting arimadex.

I was at the very top of the physiological range of estradiol before Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and started taking 0.25mg of arim every 3 days once I added in the HCG.

RB

Last edited:
Stillgoing said:
I'm retaining water, particularily in my face.

Do you guys run arimidex or femara or aromasin or nolv? If so, what dose? Are these compounds safe for use over the long-term?

Let me know. Thanks....

FYI..............Nolvadex will do NOTHING for water retention.

My HRT is 100mg/week and I do not require anything for E.

After starting HRT at 100mg/wk I think my estrogen has gone down if anything!

I used to have a bit of chest fat before and the HRT has decreased it greatly.

I'm guessing that my total estrogen probably hasn't actually gone down but that my testosterone/estrogen ratio has greatly increased. (All that fun stuff about testosterone & DHT filling up the receptors)

Also, I thought I read somewhere that the "optimum" ratio of T:E was 10:1...anyone know if that's true (or even has any relevance)?

I am 56yrs old and doing HRT for 6 months. After my initial blood test my Doctor put me on 1mg. of Arimedix per week along with Test , Gh and Armour.

After 30 days I had another blood test and my E went from 45 to 60. Doc increased by dosage to .25 /day. Now my E is down to 25 and stays there.

Every decision has been through bloodwork.

What about going to test cream to reduce water retention instead of an anti-arom? Anyone on a cream (or androgel) instead of injectable?

Testosterone whether injected, test cream or gel has the potential to aromatise to E. To what degree is individual. The only way I know how to find out to what degree Test is effecting your E is a blood test.
If you haven't done so and you are doing HRT it's just guessing and that could put you out of balance.

There is a HRT Doc on a couple of the other boards that has a HRT forum. He is very informative. I 'd mention his name and the board but I don't know if it permitted.

remedy said:
I am 56yrs old and doing HRT for 6 months. After my initial blood test my Doctor put me on 1mg. of Arimedix per week along with Test , Gh and Armour.

After 30 days I had another blood test and my E went from 45 to 60. Doc increased by dosage to .25 /day. Now my E is down to 25 and stays there.

Every decision has been through bloodwork.

How has the armour thyroid been working out?

Bump this back up. Any other thoughts on anti-arom or using test cream as compared to inject to keep water retention down?

I have been on 10g of androgel for about 1 year and absolutely loving it. I also use 0.25mg arimidex ed-eod. I believe that arimidex combined with A-gel's slow release is keeping my E under control. I readily gain water when E goes up. I also believe that the lower E combined with the "only" high normal test is letting my HP pitch in with some LH and keeping my balls in shape (since E is the primary messanger).

Mr. Nobody said:
I have been on 10g of androgel for about 1 year and absolutely loving it. I also use 0.25mg arimidex ed-eod. I believe that arimidex combined with A-gel's slow release is keeping my E under control. I readily gain water when E goes up. I also believe that the lower E combined with the "only" high normal test is letting my HP pitch in with some LH and keeping my balls in shape (since E is the primary messanger).

This week I started taking some aromasin to see what it would do and it has increased my testicular mass as well. Don't know why but it did.

Do you think the longterm use of Arimidex is ok?

It increased your testicle mass, cause maybe your HPTA has been restarted due to lower E. I truly believe that I can do HRT (albeit low dose in true HRT sense) and maintain my HPTA by keeping E and therefore the primary messanger for the HP low. I believe that everybody has an individual threshold of "allowable E" before the HP shuts down. However, I also believe that you cannot exceed a certain aqmount of T, before the androgen directly signals the HP. The secret is to know those levels and stay within them. Or, maybe I am just full of shit and your balls are still little, lol

If concerned about cholesterol levels (long term arimidex), use policosanol and keep it monitored.....however the amount of arimidex I use is very low.

Back