If the pro BBs quit AS all together...

Tom Platz is not 5 8"
Shawn Ray is like 5 foot 2
Frank Zane is more like 5 6
Gunther Schleprock I thought was way over 6ft

I,m 5 9 and the midgets above I have met

Gunter is my favorite BBer. He is actually 6 3 305 7% BF on stage, but still doesn't take the Mr. O. It's ridiculous. Im 6 3 and I know how much harder it is for BBers to gain when taller.

GHenetics have nothing to do with it, the natural structure of some of these guys is on par with a ballet dancer

I hate to break anyones heart on here but not everyone can be a pro BB! I dont care how much you lift or how much AS you take. That is because of Genetics. The pros can probably run lots of AS with minimal sides. That goes back to what they were saying about the south. I am from a big family. My gandfather was 6'8" 350lbs and all his gandsons are over 6'2". My dad is like 5'9" and he is stronger now than I will ever be. And he has NEVER touched a weight in his life. Thats GENES bro!!!!

I think he meant in terms of where they are.

If u were to look at the top 100 BB-ers in the world, their physiques vary SO MUCH. I mean there's probably a 20% variation in end-results.

Natural genetic variation between different humans is like 0.5%.

So if the variations between pros themselves can't be explained with genetics...

Then its retarded to say that someone can't become a pro due to genetics.

wow youve missed 75 years of medical discovery. start with biology and work your way up to genetics, big buy

I've got to agree with the afro-american theory...They would have chosen the larger more muscular africans for slaves. hate to say it, but it's true. then they would have been breeding for the next 300 years with mostly other large african americans, and larger africans would have had been at an evolutionary advantage.

So many of you are so concerned about appearing racist. Just state your opinion and be done with it! F the politics!!! Lol

Genetics play a huge part in IFBB.
Just look at th epics of Cutler, Coleman
etc when they were 19. They are already huge

Heck Arnie was a big guy when he was in his late teens, a lot is genetics and the rest is HARD training, diet and of course a lot of AAS (and money!).

That's because they were already on AAS when they were 19.

I was big at 19 but started AAS when I was 18, most thought I had good genetics little did they know I was injecting test. (eating alot, and lifting hard too)

Then at 24 I stopped working out and turned into a fat fuck (260lbs) wonder what happen to those great genetics.

I was big at 19 but started AAS when I was 18, most thought I had good genetics little did they know I was injecting test. (eating alot, and lifting hard too)

Then at 24 I stopped working out and turned into a fat fuck (260lbs) wonder what happen to those great genetics.

u forreal bro? why u did u lay off the weights

But Africa, as the birthplace of humanity, has more human genetic diversity than all of the rest of the world.
Actually, Africa being the birthplace of humanity makes it the LEAST genetically diverse- our genes can be traced (via mitochondria) to a single mother in Africa and the oldest known (and genetically unique) form of human DNA still alive today is that of the Khoisan people in Southern Africa- as humans spread out they mixed more not less. :smash:

An evolutionary theory as you've suggested would take thousands of years... not a few hundred. It simply has to do with genetics relating to the part of Africa where they originate from.
This guy seems to be the only one who knows what he is talking about when it comes to this ethnicity/physiology debate. It is a common misconception that the stronger slaves survived to interbreed to create more strong slaves:
1) There was intense interracial breeding going on in America from the very beginning - which would throw off the the gene pool if it did indeed operate on such a short chronological scale.
2) The type of work done on plantations required endurance much more than strength- a less muscular build would outlive a larger frame anyway- not survival of the strongest survival of the fittest.

Deeply ingrained genetic differences are the root cause. Our environment shapes our genetics over long periods of time- forces were/are present in Africa which caused people to have darker skin, less fat, more muscle (IN GENERAL) these genes were passed. As people moved out of Africa, the climate was colder, we saw less sunlight, our bodies adapted- slowed on producing whatever it is that kept our skin dark, hold a little more fat in the cold climate, etc.

It is more likely that a large man and large woman will produce a large child, but to suggest that African American's are more muscular than white Americans because of slavery simply overlooks the fact that black and white people have been interbreeding here since the discovery of America, basically- the white (weaker) genes would be nullifying the black (stronger) genes if it that could happen through just a handful of generations but genes are deeper set than that, it goes back further.

These are all generalizations of course- extremely jacked up and extremely skinny genes can come from all over the world and come in all different shades and colors.

Well.. the one observation of African's I've noticed in the gym and outside the gym is that many of them have small calf muscle bellies.

As far as who can be stronger or bigger is utter shit. There's so much variation in all races that you can't label one being better for anything specifically. Some people have very favorable genes for bodybuilding....some don't.

Post cycle recovery? LOL! I seriously doubt that people who have been on for as long as he has will ever fully recover no matter what they do. But in response to your question, I think that if AS were eliminated from bodybuilding, everyone would be 40-50 lbs lighter, and there would no longer be any white guys in the top 10.

agreed but i think guys like jay and ronnie would have to be on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for the rest of their life with no cycles.

Im not saying the pro bber's weren't big before but the reason there heads/hands etc are even bigger now is defs due to high dosages of hgh for a long time, just making a pretty likely assumption.

If you bred with the tallest woman you could find, your kids will be taller than if you bred with a short woman. If you then bred them with tall mates, your grandkids would be taller. You could continue this for several generations. That is selective breeding.

Slavemasters selectively bred generations of field hands in the new world. That is simply a fact. This means there will be a higher genetic frequency of the traits selected. Muscle size was one of the traits selected as desireable in a field hand.

I am not saying this was a moral thing to do, but it is what was done.

Of course, plenty of scrawny slaves bred, too, and there was interbreeding as well.

The pool from which slaves were taken in mainly west africa plays a large part in this as well.

here are some heights that I pulled out about a month ago for a friend. Indeed, not many top bb are over 6'. I should have got the weight of them. But you know, they are really heavy.

Darrem Charles 5'8"
Ron Coleman 5'11"
Chris Cormier 5'9"
Porter Cottrell 5'6"
Kevin Levrone 5'9"
Mike Matazzaro 5'10"
Tom Platz 5'8"
Lee Priest 5'4"
Shawn Ray 5'7"
Jay Cutler 5'9"
Milos Sarcev 5'11"
Nasser Elsonbaty 5'11"
Jean-Pierre Fux 5'11"
Craig Titus 5'9"
Flex Wheeler 5'9"
Dorian Yates 5'10"
Dexter Jackson 5'6"
Dennis James 5'8"
Frank Zane 5'9"
Don Youngblood 5'9"
Oleg Zhur 5'5"
Dany Padilla 5'2"
Gunter Schilerkamp 6'
Rolland Kickinger 6'4"
Arnold Schwarzenegger 6'2"

secret for scar tissue ? hard to say. use small needle, go in slowly, inject slowly, massage well the area, use all the possible sites, make go rotation, have somebody (like a nurse) that knows well how to do it and where to do it... they have to take care of themselves.

I put oil on specific spots on my body after my showers, so I can keep my skin hydrated and flexible, so I don't get stretch marks. I use also a skin lotion with E vitamin before going to bed. It helps a lot your skin. The pros must use some of those skin lotions too.

anyway, as long as i don't get as freaky as Paul Dillett, I should be alright.

i seriously don't think arnold is 6-2. i am 6-1 met him in california 3 years ago and he seemed to be about 5-11. i also doubt pro bb stop gear altogether. wouldn't they have to be on trt. kevin levron is smaller but still looks like a beast. check out his you tube vids. his pro football camp challenge. and of course it all depends on how they live once they stop pro bb.

come on bro...what pickel is saying, imo, is that these guys are different. there width, structual make up, overall composition, ability to grow, these guys are not like you and i. with or without aas. thats why you and i arn't pro bb. if you think genetics don't play a roll, it's not even worth the debate.....you got your head in the sand.

Last edited:
Back