Im setting up my first stericup/pump system this week

I would love to see how you are doing it! I'm ordering a system to filter 500ml+ at a time soon myself. For now i will just live with sore fingers :(
Haha yea I got tires of the sore finger tips. I have 6 different compounds I make so it's just easier to set up a couple of stericups and let it go lol

Awesome. Looks like you're going to be profiting a lot pal! I'm about to start Brewing my first Test E. I'm still going over a few Chinese sources and hoping not to get scammed. Once I've verified the powder with the melting test, I'll be golden.

yeah i noticed a lot of peeps dont know or dont like to post...
i wouldnt put all my business out there....
but i know there are pretty good deals on filters at opticsplanet.com
Nalge Nunc MF75 Tissue Culture Filter Units, Nylon Membrane, Sterile, NALGENE 153-0020
you have to use a glass hybex glass media bottle... the plastic receivers will break and you will lose your final product

How much were you able to get through a single filter?
at like 19 bucks a pop and only 500mg its not much cheaper than the syringe filters, just simpler i guess.

I am looking for volume cheaper.
best thing to do is get the 250 mls and run 200 mls through it. It can get a bit expensive but its a huge time saver

best thing to do is get the 250 mls and run 200 mls through it. It can get a bit expensive but its a huge time saver

:agreed:

You're on the right track here. I have attempted to filter the capacity of the filter once and won't do it again. Even though these membranes (PVDF and Nylon) are meant for oil-based solutions, they tend to clog with these types of oil-based solutions.

Even with the 500ml filter I would never attempt to filter anything near to that full capacity. I would never go over 400ml. One might say, 'The 500ml filter is nearly $20, I want to get the full use out of it.' Just for example, if you are looking to filter 400ml, some say that you MIGHT be able to push 100ml thru a Whatman (I highly doubt that, but this is hypothetically speaking) at $4.75 a pop, you MIGHT get away with spending the same $19 on those 4 filters. But then again, you will want to be safe and buy a fifth, so now your looking at nearly $24 + all the energy you have to put into manually syringe filtering.

So anyways I got alittle off topic, but yeah, good call on not attempting to filter the filters max capacity!

Back