Insulin Only Cycle Log. Get In Here!

Yamaha282

Yes Insulin is Dangerous.
Yes Insulin has the ability to make you fat.

Now that we got that out of the way, I would like to make a log here to track my progress and ask/answer questions.

I did a full year of research before finalizing my plan. And not that it makes me smarter than people on this board, but I am a healthcare worker in an ICU and am very familiar with the properties and dangers of insulin.

Stats-
5'7
153lb
8-11% BF

Current Lifts
Bench - 105 Dumbbell press 4x6
Squat- 300x1
Deadlift- 345x 3
Dumbbell Shoulder Press- 85lbs 4x6

Experience-
5 years weight training
1 pro-hormone Cycle
1 Twelve week test E cycle

Plan-

I'll be using Novolog. 2 Units pre-work out and 4 units post workout. Will be titrating up to 8 units post workout.
I will be using 3 to 4 times a week while working out 5-6 days a week. I will use for a maximum of 4 weeks.
I have purchased Vitargo, Protein, BCAA's, leucine, Glutamine, and Potassium. These supplements will make up the shakes I drink while I am working out and while the insulin is active. Followed by a high carb/protein meal around the 3 hour mark.

Goals

In a four week cycle, I would like to keep and maintain at least a 10lb gain.
Any strength gains are an added bonus.

9/14

First day. I actually skipped my prework out dose and only did 4 IU's postwork. I wanted to see how the 4 IU's would effect me. I'm rather certain that the feelings I had were a placebo, but I did have symptoms of hypoglycemia so I did use a dextrose drink just for reassurance.

Again, I think my preworkout drink + first time jitters accumulated to equal a placebo affect. If anything, it helped me appreciate the effects of insulin even more.

Today-

Did 2 Units pre workout and 4 units post workout. The pumps were insane! Better than any supplement I've used before. No symptoms of hypo experienced.

Pre-workout weight was 153. The plan is to now increase to 5 unit post workout.

What does your diet, the most important component of the cycle, look like for this run - how much of a surplus and macro breakdown?

Speaking as someone who has done insulin only runs, I have to question your research skills because in that one year you've gotten the dosing, cycle length, and overall expectations in terms of results completely wrong.

A max of 10ius per day is going to do nothing without AAS.
A max of 10ius for only 3/4x week for a total of 4 weeks will do nothing without AAS.
Expecting 10lbs of muscle from this is an absolute joke, 10lbs of weight (with plenty of fat) is more like it.

Here is some real research that you need to read & change your plan accordingly:

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/674832-rippedzilla-s-thread-knowledge-3.html#post3620952

Last edited:
You realize that you're wasting your time and money, right? I strongly urge you to read RippedZilla's thread of knowledge; he recently posted a really good study indicating why this is a really poor idea.

As someone in the health care industry, I'm actually surprised that you would attempt this. Not because of the dangers involved, but because of your knowledge as to what insulin does. The ONLY reason it's so popular is because some monkey stated how it's the "most anabolic hormone known to man", when in reality - it's not at all.

Insulin is just a key. It opens the doors to cells when nutrients and glucose are available. Your dose is too low, and you have to seriously eat enough food to make it worth the exogenous hormone. I'm talking like 2000 calories over your TDEE.

I don't work in a hospital, but I do a lot of reading myself, and happen to be an insulin dependent diabetic.

My .02c :)

Note: I'm not telling you what to do, just pointing out that for insulin to be of real benefit, there are many factors that must be met. That's all. :)

Edit: Damnit! Beaten by minutes! Oh well, speak of the devil and he shall appear. :wiggle:

What does your diet, the most important component of the cycle, look like for this run - how much of a surplus and macro breakdown?

Speaking as someone who has done insulin only runs, I have to question your research skills because in that one year you've gotten the dosing, cycle length, and overall expectations in terms of results completely wrong.

A max of 10ius per day is going to do nothing without AAS.
A max of 10ius for only 3/4x week for a total of 4 weeks will do nothing without AAS.
Expecting 10lbs of muscle from this is an absolute joke, 10lbs of weight (with plenty of fat) is more like it.

I would have to disagree. I know all the arguments. Slin with AAS, Slin with GH, ect. I guess we will just have to stick around and see. Perhaps you will be right. But I have reason to believe that my body will react nicely to this plan.

You realize that you're wasting your time and money, right? I strongly urge you to read RippedZilla's thread of knowledge; he recently posted a really good study indicating why this is a really poor idea.

As someone in the health care industry, I'm actually surprised that you would attempt this. Not because of the dangers involved, but because of your knowledge as to what insulin does. The ONLY reason it's so popular is because some monkey stated how it's the "most anabolic hormone known to man", when in reality - it's not at all.

Insulin is just a key. It opens the doors to cells when nutrients and glucose are available. Your dose is too low, and you have to seriously eat enough food to make it worth the exogenous hormone. I'm talking like 2000 calories over your TDEE.

I don't work in a hospital, but I do a lot of reading myself, and happen to be an insulin dependent diabetic.

My .02c :)

Note: I'm not telling you what to do, just pointing out that for insulin to be of real benefit, there are many factors that must be met. That's all. :)

Edit: Damnit! Beaten by minutes! Oh well, speak of the devil and he shall appear. :wiggle:

I appreciate the advice. I am very aware of the risk/benefit of what I am doing. I will take a peak at RippedZilla's thread. I have read and researched both sides of the argument. More knowledge is never a bad thing.

I would have to disagree. I know all the arguments. Slin with AAS, Slin with GH, ect. I guess we will just have to stick around and see. Perhaps you will be right. But I have reason to believe that my body will react nicely to this plan.

You know all the arguments hmm...Lol.

I don't have the energy to argue, so by all means enjoy wasting away these 4 weeks :)

You know all the arguments hmm...Lol.

I don't have the energy to argue, so by all means enjoy wasting away these 4 weeks :)

I'm not looking to argue bud. I appreciate your advice/concern. Regardless of your opinions, I feel that I have educated myself enough to know the risk vs reward. There is plenty of valid data for both sides of the "argument."

155.5 Prework out yesterday. 2 Units Prework out + 6 Units post. If you have access to the humalog/Novolog flexpen, then it makes things so much easier.

Off day today.

Back