Insulin - safe to go for 4-5 carbs per IU???

OceanSide

I've read a lot of guides from 2006-2008's and almost all of them were geared towards consuming 7-10 grams of carbs per iu immediately after the shot.

Now, I've been seeing a lot more pop up saying the 7-10 grams of carbs WILL cause weight fat gain.

I've read that DIABETICS need to take 1 IU per 10 grams of carbs eaten, but not the other way around. We still have a release of insulin from the pancrease even with slin present as well as our bodies aren't resistant to it or carbs, so less is better for us. The body only has around 4 grams of glucose in the bloodstream so not that much is needed to keep it high.

So, is the old 7-10 grams of carbs per IU, too much?

Why don't you just try it? Worst case scenario take a sip of dex- err whatever sugar you have. Its not like you'll instantly go into a coma.
I just shot 15ui after a two and a half hour training session and only drank a glass of milk for the first hour. Unfortunately, I was making lasagna and was too busy cooking to eat. No hypo symptoms.
Im using humolog.

Last edited:
Why don't you just try it? Worst case scenario take a sip of dex- err whatever sugar you have. Its not like you'll instantly go into a coma.
I just shot 15ui after a two and a half hour training session and only drank a glass of milk for the first hour. Unfortunately, I was making lasagna and was too busy cooking to eat. No hypo symptoms.
Im using humolog.

Back in 2003 I began taking slin at a much higher dose than I thought. Rookie mistake, but when I thought I was taking 10ius, I was taking 100ius. I ended up taking about 1 carb per iu and all was fine.

I am not recommending that this will work for everyone, but going forward with 5 carbs per iu should be fine.

Slin will give you plenty of warning, ie head aches, dissiness, etc. Keep juice of soda close if you feel different.

Remember to add creatine and glutamine into your carb drink.

be careful!!

Be safe man I am assuming your experienced and know what your doing, but if this is your first rodeo I would avoid the slin.

With slin its always better to be safe then sorry, BUT in saying that, as mentioned above you will be plenty of warnings in regards to making sure u take enough carbs in.

If your trying to lesson the amount of carbs per IU to prevent putting on extra fat i would not do it this way, gear, training and plain old genetics will determine this.

If your body can consume around 500g carbs per day and not put on fat then when you use slin i would'nt think it would be going to fat.

Personally i wouldn't chance it unless you have used Slin SUCCESSFULLY before. I have no idea what your experience is, and I think is for only a select few competitors out there, but I will tell you this. Slin doesn't discriminate. It is the most anabolic thing out there because it acts as a shuttle of nutrients, but it will just as easily shuttle fat as well. What you eat is just as important as when you eat it.

I can almost bet you don't need it. But be safe if you do use it.

...whole new potential for things going awry...imo..
Most anabolic compound out there ??
I did not know that..

Im runnin 500 test, 400 eq, 4 iu ed HGH, and 3iu of insulin ed pre workout...i take 10 grams of carbs per iu..i take the humilin R insulin.. easy to get over the counter...but what i have read and just to be safe i take 10 g carbs per iu..Fuck that "if its not enough just take some sugar"..there is no fuckin around with insulin very strong steroid..and if you want to push more insulin go pre workout and after 3 and 3iu but make sure your carbs are up..if anyone has anything to add to make sure im correct please do so i know as well..

and when measuring insulin in a insulin syrange its every tick mark is a iu, not like hgh when 10 ticks is equal to 1 iu.. unsulin is a straight water base compound...unlike hgh when you mix water with the growth.. which makes hgh a 10tick/1 iu and insulin is a 1/1 ratio..so 1 tick =1 iu

Slin is by far the most anabolic compound out there. It is crazy!!

While I was on slin only, along with fast acting protein, creatine, glutamine, no fats, I not only continued to make progress in the gym, I actually got stronger being on a bridge.

I wouldn't believe it if it didn't actually happen to me.

As I said above, you must be careful as everyone reacts different to everything. I safely went down to 1-2 carbs per iu of slin, but felt better when I was around 4-5.

I think 10 carbs is the safest, but play with it a little at a time.

I guess I did over exaggerate a bit but in all seriousness slin is not to be fucked with, take baby steps.

Im runnin 500 test, 400 eq, 4 iu ed HGH, and 3iu of insulin ed pre workout...i take 10 grams of carbs per iu..i take the humilin R insulin.. easy to get over the counter...but what i have read and just to be safe i take 10 g carbs per iu..Fuck that "if its not enough just take some sugar"..there is no fuckin around with insulin very strong steroid..and if you want to push more insulin go pre workout and after 3 and 3iu but make sure your carbs are up..if anyone has anything to add to make sure im correct please do so i know as well..

1. Slin is not a steroid. lol
2. I don't know how the fuck you are handling Slin PRE workout, but I would not suggest that to anyone. If it works for you. great.
3. Like I said earlier, just be safe and make small incremental changes to your carbs if you go below 10g per iu.

I dont know..but please let me know.

I think the waist growth thing is only becuase of using high amounts.. smaller amounts one would assume you would be fine.

Comment anyone?

My buddy, gave me some for free... I havent really been researching it untill lately. I would think how much/amount of food serving is key, but Im out on it if its just a50/50 shot. Diabetes runs on my father's side of the family. I've been checked, been kinda weary on this increasing the chance

Last edited:
My buddy, gave me some for free... I havent really been researching it untill lately. I would think how much/amount of food serving is key, but Im out on it if its just a50/50 shot. Diabetes runs on my father's side of the family. I've been checked, been kinda weary on this increasing the chance

I have mates who you can cleary tell use too much etc and have the "GH gut" as it called..

Then i have other mates who use the same amounts but look nothing like them..

Nothing is really back and white in this game..

I have mates who you can cleary tell use too much etc and have the "GH gut" as it called..

Then i have other mates who use the same amounts but look nothing like them..

Nothing is really back and white in this game..

Yea, I hear ya.. that why m kinda getting a feel for the low-end/safe range??

The key to not getting fat during a slin run is food intake. You must keep the fat intake at a zero from about 2 hours before and at least 2 hours after. This depends on the type of slin you take. Take a fast acting one.

On top of that, you must watch your carb intake. Too many and you will store the excess as fat. This is a double edged sword, as you need to figure out many many you can take without gettin hypo-type symptoms.

The key to not getting fat during a slin run is food intake. You must keep the fat intake at a zero from about 2 hours before and at least 2 hours after. This depends on the type of slin you take. Take a fast acting one.

On top of that, you must watch your carb intake. Too many and you will store the excess as fat. This is a double edged sword, as you need to figure out many many you can take without gettin hypo-type symptoms.

Summed it up pretty well.

Back