Is there a difference between getting your calories through food or through milk?

crustasblunt

Zairon Hardstyler
Hey i just wanted to know if there was a difference between getting your calories through solid food or through a liquid , just because to get bigger i need about 5000 to 6000 cals a day , but i get alot of them through drinking milk , so just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it , thanks

Of those Calories you need 2 grams of protein per pound of muscle mass that you want to weigh. You will need both whey protein shakes and meals. read "eat to grow" use the search button up top

Um solid.....Solid food takes longer to break down...Liquid goes through your system faster...You're going to have to force feed yourself too....

Lactose is a poor carbohydrate choice, IMHO. I use milk in my shakes for consistency and taste (I hate water in my protein shakes) but other than that I don't drink it at all. It is not a replacement for any complex carbohydrate or meat protein.

Try some form of weightgainer shake. No its not a magic way to gain weight, its just an easier way to complete that many calories in a days time. You can make these shakes to be as many calories as you want. Ive heard of some 1000kcal or more... but youre gonna NEED ATLEAST 3 whole food meals a day in addition to these liquid drinks.

And keep in mind, if your macro ratios are off, you might put on the wrong kind of weight.

You will need both whey protein shakes and meals. read "eat to grow" use the search button up top

Hi,
There is also a need to eat your major meal at your breakfast....
This would be more better for you...
Thanks

hi friend every food has it's own nutritonal values and every food has it's own way to work for working on our body . i drink more milkshakes after workout .

DO NOT buy weight gain shakes. Read the label. It's 2lbs of whey protein and 3lbs of maltodextrin and other gay cheap shit in a 5lb container. They charge MORE than a 5lb container of whey protein. Add oats, cereal, peanut butter, oil, protein powder, and sometimes even candy or ice cream to your shakes.

Solid food does take longer to digest so why use that as proof to favor it over liquid? He's trying to gain weight, not lose it. Slow-digesting food clogging up his gut prevents him from eating more food.

You don't have to eat AT LEAST 3 solid meals a day. Nothing magical happens in your body when that 3rd meal.

I'm 6'4 and started 10yrs ago at 185. I'm 270 today and have never eaten more than 4500cals. Each as much solid food as you can and drink the rest. Getting the calories in is most important. That means if you're not hungry you might be drinking all of your calories on some days. Be realistic....as the total calories go up, food quality goes down.

Weight Shake Gainers are good.
You just need to find the right one, i dont use them because im an endomorph.. id gain to much weight to fast, so i stick to lean protein
BUT, if your looking to gain weight.. look for the ones that dont have much sugar in them
Masstech i like because it has 70g of protein, but i really dont know whats in it.

also, breast milk is actually a "super food"
Milk straight from a mothers breast is full of nutrients and has digestive enzymes in it.
We had to learn about it, and u can actually buy it (seriously)
but, the bad thing.. it could be from some really dirty girl mother, african mother, etc..
I would not touch that shit EVER

i would go with what bezoe said and get a weight gainer. there are many that give you 600 calories + per shake wich would def help you acheive your goals.. milk can bring too much carbs to your diet hence putting on unwanted fat weight..

It's not breast milk it's colostrum that's sold. Colostrum is the first milk that comes through for newborns before the proper milk flow starts. That is sourced from animals not people.

What is meant by African mother or dirty mother??

Weight Shake Gainers are good.
You just need to find the right one, i dont use them because im an endomorph.. id gain to much weight to fast, so i stick to lean protein
BUT, if your looking to gain weight.. look for the ones that dont have much sugar in them
Masstech i like because it has 70g of protein, but i really dont know whats in it.

also, breast milk is actually a "super food"
Milk straight from a mothers breast is full of nutrients and has digestive enzymes in it.
We had to learn about it, and u can actually buy it (seriously)
but, the bad thing.. it could be from some really dirty girl mother, african mother, etc..
I would not touch that shit EVER

I'm not being dis-respectful if that's what you're trying to pull on me about "dirty mother"
I mean un-hygienic.

I did a nutrition course and the guy was going on about why milk is bad because the way its filtered/heated kills enzymes.
So then he started going on about human breast milk that baby's drink.. he said that's where its at, and you can buy it.
Didn't go into detail about it, no-one was really interested in switching skim to mothers.

I don't know about the colostrum from animals, as that's not what I learned.
but colostrum does ring a bell.

It's not breast milk it's colostrum that's sold. Colostrum is the first milk that comes through for newborns before the proper milk flow starts. That is sourced from animals not people.

What is meant by African mother or dirty mother??

I think there are breast milk banks, where mothers can "donate" their breast milk, and I heard on tv once that you can buy breast milk online from pre-screened mothers..
Some mom's actually buy breast milk for their babies.
(I wouldn't doubt from ebay..lol)

This, just doesn't sit right with me, I know breast milk is the best milk for babies, but, I can't imagine giving my baby another women's breast milk, it's just unatural, it ain't right.. imo.

Last edited:
I think there are breast milk banks, where mothers can "donate" their breast milk, and I heard on tv once that you can buy breast milk online from pre-screened mothers..
Some mom's actually buy breast milk for their babies.
(I wouldn't doubt from ebay..lol)

This, just doesn't sit right with me, I know breast milk is the best milk for babies, but, I can't imagine giving my baby another women's breast milk, it's just unatural, it ain't right.. imo.

yeah I think so too.
The only way I see a point of drinking human breast milk is if your job requires it, Pro-Golfer, Pro-Bodybiilder, Pro-driver..
Its worth the 500,000 paycheck at the end of the year.

Actually I kinda took you grouping the African mother with a dirty person really. So my thoughts were Africans aren't dirty!

You know I must be in the doldrums I wasn't aware of breast milk banks. But in the UK it's certainly not something that's common knowledge if it exists here yet. But colostrum is something sold in health food shops and is from animals. The only breast milk type thing we have here I know of is a place in the west end of London that makes ice cream and cheeses from breast milk. Women go donate there for the produce! And of course there's wet nurses!

I'm not being dis-respectful if that's what you're trying to pull on me about "dirty mother"
I mean un-hygienic.

I did a nutrition course and the guy was going on about why milk is bad because the way its filtered/heated kills enzymes.
So then he started going on about human breast milk that baby's drink.. he said that's where its at, and you can buy it.
Didn't go into detail about it, no-one was really interested in switching skim to mothers.

I don't know about the colostrum from animals, as that's not what I learned.
but colostrum does ring a bell.

Actually I kinda took you grouping the African mother with a dirty person really. So my thoughts were Africans aren't dirty!

You know I must be in the doldrums I wasn't aware of breast milk banks. But in the UK it's certainly not something that's common knowledge if it exists here yet. But colostrum is something sold in health food shops and is from animals. The only breast milk type thing we have here I know of is a place in the west end of London that makes ice cream and cheeses from breast milk. Women go donate there for the produce! And of course there's wet nurses!

Whaaaat ???? eeewwww !!!!
I don't care how much nutritional value breast milk has, why the heck would anyone want to eat ice cream made out of breast milk ??? :ugh:

Back