Is this good stuff for Gyno???

budrau

I went to the doctor today to get checked out because of tenderness and a lump under my left nipple. He said I have Gyno. I asked about nolvadex; but he gave me this stuff instead.

Brand Name: Evista ( raloxifene HCI ) 60mg

Is this stuff good?? Will it clear up the Gyno??

Thanks!!!

Raloxifene (Evista®) Reduces Incidence of Invasive Breast Cancer
Researchers from the U.S. and UK have reported that raloxifene (Evista®) reduces the incidence of invasive breast cancer by 66% among postmenopausal women with osteoporosis.[1] These results confirm earlier findings and were reported at the 19th European Society of Medical Oncology Congress held in Vienna, Austria, October 29 to November 2, 2004.

Raloxifene is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) that has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. A study of raloxifene for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, called The Multiple Outcomes of Raloxifene Evaluation (MORE) study, produced secondary findings indicating that, compared to placebo, 4 years of raloxifene treatment reduced invasive breast cancer by 72% in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis.[2]

The clinical trial presented at ESMO 2004 was an extension of the MORE trial called Continuing Outcomes Relevant to Evista® (CORE) and its primary objective was to evaluate the effect of raloxifene on the incidence of invasive breast cancer in order to confirm the initial findings of the MORE study.

There were 7,705 postmenopausal women with osteoporosis who enrolled in the first trial and 4,011 chose to continue. The patients who received placebo in the initial trial continued on placebo and the patients who received raloxifene initially continued on a 60 mg dose.

The results of the follow-up study and the combined results of the two studies confirm the initial finding that raloxifene reduced the risk of invasive breast cancer. Results from the CORE trial alone showed a 59% reduction in invasive breast cancer among women who received raloxifene compared to those who received placebo. Over the total 8 years of raloxifene treatment (MORE study plus CORE study), patients who received raloxifene experienced a 66% reduction in the incidence of invasive breast cancer.

Raloxifene appeared to reduce the risk of invasive breast cancer regardless of whether women had received prior hormonal therapy. There was no significant difference in the reduction of invasive breast cancer compared to placebo between women who had received prior hormonal therapy (occurrence of invasive breast cancer reduced by 71%) and those who had not received prior hormonal therapy (64%).

Patients who received raloxifene were twice as likely to experience a venous thromboembolism (blood clot) compared to patients who received placebo. However, vaginal bleeding and endometrial cancer were not increased compared to placebo. Hot flushes and leg cramps were more frequent among patients who received raloxifene versus placebo in the first 4 years of treatment, but not in years 5-8.

Comments: This very large prevention trial suggests that roloxifene can reduce the incidence of breast cancer in post-menopausal women without an increase in uterine cancer. However, it remains to be determined what groups of post-menopausal women should receive such preventive treatment.

References:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Purdie D, Caluey J, Disch D, et al. Effect of raloxifene on incidence of invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal women having a history of prior hormone therapy use: Results of the CORE trial. Proceedings from the 29th ESMO Congress, Vienna Austria, 10.29-11.2.2004; (Abstract #4).

[2] ME Lippman, KA Krueger, S Eckert, et al. Exposure: Effect on Breast Cancer Incidence and Interaction with Raloxifene Therapy in the Multiple Outcomes of Raloxifene Evaluation Study Participants. Journal of Clinical Oncology . 2001;19(12):3111-3116.

©

Thanks for the info die$el. I don't understand most of it though. Are you saying YES or NO if this stuff is good for gyno??? Thanks again!!

Anyone else have any opinions about this stuff?? Thanks

I guess you're our guinea pig. Be sure to tell us how it works out.

I took Evista over 5 years ago for about 6 months, and it did very little for my existing gyno.
I stick to Nolva now, which has worked very well for me. It reduced my pre-existing gyno by more than 80% and keeps it from coming back while I am on gear.

Spartie said:
I took Evista over 5 years ago for about 6 months, and it did very little for my existing gyno.
I stick to Nolva now, which has worked very well for me. It reduced my pre-existing gyno by more than 80% and keeps it from coming back while I am on gear.
how bad was your Gyno, and did it dissipate the lumps under the nipple ?

It was bad enough that surgery was an option, but the Doc said to try out Evista first. He knew that my gyno was Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) related. The Evista did very little for me, if anything at all.

Nolvadex has been great! It eliminated the fat and bloat around the nipples completely, and reduced the lumps quite a bit. But, I still have a solid mass under each nip, which is tissue growth. I have not completely rid of it, but it did shrink on both sides. I have been told that some Bros get good results with topical Andractim lotion. It is supposed to help shrink tissue as well. Of course, the only way to get rid of it completely is via surgery, but it can still come back, is a painful procedure, gets in the way of training during recovery, and is very expensive.

The lumps under my nips are not noticeable to anyone now, but they were bigger before blasting them with Nolva. Now I can feel them, but cant see them, which is great to accomplish without surgery! I took 60mg of Nolva daily for about 8 weeks, then dropped to 20mgs per day until shrinking plateaued. I run 40mg per day when on a cycle now to prevent flair-ups.

Hey Guys;

Been on the Evista for two weeks now and I don't feel any relief yet. I actually don't know if I should be feeling any relief yet or not??? I feel like the lumps are getting bigger and more sensitive!! I did not even feel any of these symptoms until about 6 months after my last cycle. All I was taking when I started feeling these symptoms was creatine, glutamine,tribulas,and zma. Could all of these supps together cause gyno???? I am thinking about switching to nolva and maybe also some L-dex??? What do you guys think?? Thanks!!!

Just to clue everyone in:

Evista (raloxifene HCI) is a newer SERM (like tamoxifen and clomid)!

Now,

The scientific studies show that evista reduces gyno much more than tamoxifen.

Yet Spartie you are saying that you did not find that to be the case in your own experience?

P.S. budrau please try tamoxifen to compare to evista

Last edited:
Hey Guys,
I did get some nolva and have been on it at 60mg/day for about 3 days now. I actually do feel a little less sensitive already but the lumps are still there. I have also purchased some liquid Letrozole(Femara) from research-ology. It comes in a 30ml bottle and is 2.5mg/ml. I am going to take 2.5mg/day for 30 days along with the nolva and see what happens. Does this sound good to all you guys??? I can't take too much of this stuff can I??? ( overdose )???

Also, the letrozole comes with no directions or anything. Are you supposed to just drink it?? as that is what I'm doing. Do you take it on an empty stomach or with food or water/juice??? Any help is very much appreciated!! Thanks!!!

I personally didn't enjoy letro. It was very severe. Killed all hints of estrogen along with my sex drive and that nice full (read: bloated) look my muscles get while on.

If you're taking less than 180mg of the evista per day and expecting quick results, you're mistaken.

I'm taking 80mg/day and noticing slow, steady results over the past month.n Definitely a decline in lump mass.

budrau said:
Hey Guys,
I did get some nolva and have been on it at 60mg/day for about 3 days now. I actually do feel a little less sensitive already but the lumps are still there. I have also purchased some liquid Letrozole(Femara) from research-ology. It comes in a 30ml bottle and is 2.5mg/ml. I am going to take 2.5mg/day for 30 days along with the nolva and see what happens. Does this sound good to all you guys??? I can't take too much of this stuff can I??? ( overdose )???

Also, the letrozole comes with no directions or anything. Are you supposed to just drink it?? as that is what I'm doing. Do you take it on an empty stomach or with food or water/juice??? Any help is very much appreciated!! Thanks!!!

Do a search for letro doses

That's WAY too much letro, especially if you're not on. You shouldn't be running more than .5mg day off cycle.

Back