iu conversion to mg

i went to a couple pharm and they would not sell me any insulin syringes! i have lots of 25g pins and can use those. is there anyway to convert iu to mg? and if so how?

Don't even try it. One unit on an insulin syringe is 1/100 of a cc. A slight mix up and you're dead, so I wouldn't recommend trying it with something that has 1/10 cc markings. Order pins online or try Walmart, they don't usually fuck with people. Walk in and say you need a package of "BD half cc insulin syringes, the ultra fines." Say it confidently and they'll hand it right over.

Are there still states out there that don't allow the sale of insulin syringes w/o a script?

You can always order online. I get mine a Wal-Mart, although I just recently realized that if I had given them a prescription from my physician, then I wouldn't have had to pay anything for them with my insurance. Next time, I'll be using a 'script.

mranak said:
Are there still states out there that don't allow the sale of insulin syringes w/o a script?

You can always order online. I get mine a Wal-Mart, although I just recently realized that if I had given them a prescription from my physician, then I wouldn't have had to pay anything for them with my insurance. Next time, I'll be using a 'script.

There's actually a federal law that requires pharmacies to sell a person certain diabetic supplies if the person claims to be diabetic. No proof or prescription necessary. It's just that pharmacists sometimes will call your bluff if you say you are diabetic. 99% of juicers at this point fold and walk out of the store. If someone ever denies you syringes, inform them that you require them to lower your bloodsugar and that if anything happens you, the pharmacy and the pharmacist will be help liable for denying you insulin syringes. At this point, the pharmacist will always fold.

mranak said:

I bought slin pins before in NY and they'd only allow a certain number of them to be bought in a day and you had to show ID. Most other states I've been to you have to have a script.

I thought there was some sort of thing at hospitals where you could go anonymously and get needles and/or dispose of yours. Think its an attempt to cut down on the diseases passed along with IV drug use on the streets, can't stop it so mind as well do as much as possible to minimize its effects. I'll see if I can find some info on because I'm sure theres other stipulations

re

i feel sorry for you guys,in england we have needle exchanges on every corner of a city centre block,you take your needles in and you get needles back,no questions asked,as long as your stuff is in a safety syringe tub

Back