jackcity log

monday, squat 5x5x 125 lbs. Last week I almost hit it using shit form on every rep, this week I hit it using good form, only using bad form on a couple random reps. Overall, pretty happy, will move up to 130 next week. After squats I did some leg extensions, leg curls, and calf raises. I guess its ok to mix it up once in a while, hit some isolation movements. Hope I can get moving in the kitchen is all I can say. kitchennnnnnnn eateat

thanks for the advice and motivation luquillo78.

bench today, 5x5 - 165 lbs. I Failed on about the fourth rep of the 4th set, and hit 3/5 on the last one. this is where I would ussually switch to the 5x3 because its getting hard, go up, and then come back down to 5x5. But ive been being a pussy lately, so im going to diet and sleep right 100% for the next week. Then next week I will hit 170 5x5 clean. new bedtime = 9:00. no games now, this week I decide if i will be a waste or acheive something. never stop eating, and get 7 good night sleeps, and the 170 will be there. im going 100% and the 170 is next week whether im ready or not. I can be a pussy like before switching to 5x3, or i can fucking plow through it and hit it next week. I choose whether I succeed or not. eat + sleep = hit 170 next week. gotta do it.

2/17
deadlift, 5x5x220 lbs. hit it clean, will go up to 225 next week. It felt real good, even my grip was doing alot better. it felt like i was keeping my whole back straight, maybe on 1-2 of the reps i bent my upper back a little but for the most part it felt real good. After that did some chin-ups, incline barbell rows, and ended with pull-ups.
Ive been gettin to bed around 9:50, still about 80 minutes earlier then ussual. havent been getting the best sleep though, for some reason I go to bed early but then wake up like 4 hours early and take naps until time to wake up. hopefully my body will get used to the earlier time and ill be able to get some good sleep in.
I have been dieting damn near perfect though(stuffing my face), and im going to be ready for 170 bench next week.

moday, squats, 5x5x 130 lbs.
It felt good, hit every rep clean. Did 4 sets of hack squats then 4 of leg press and then ran 2 hills. Overall decent workout, gotta do better in the kitchen and sleep. Been slackin big time on the bed time. 9:00 sharp

you'll find your groove for sleep and training. just give your self some time to adjust to lifting and this life style. other wise nice work.

2/22, Bench, 5x5x 170 lbs. Hit it clean, will move up to 175 next week. After the bench i did 3 sets dips, 3 sets military press, 3 sets incline bench.felt really good the whole workout, this eating and sleeping deal is working good. After just 1 week I saw improvements. Now I need to really stuff my face, I still dont think im eating to full capacity, and make it 9:00 sharp. Hopefully I can keep the #'s moving up and not quit like I used to in the past. Thanks adidamps2 and tman55 and everyone else for the motivation. Now I gotta go 100% with no flaws. I think ur right adidamps about getting used to it.

2/24 - deadlift, 5x5x 225 lbs. Hit every rep clean, grip wasn't 100%(had to re-grip on a few). I went to bed at 11 the past 2 nights, and also woke up extra early today so ive been getting shit for sleep. Anyways, 100%, will get there at 9:00 tonight. Thanks for the motivation winterlong and tman55.

Gj, you moved up another 5lbs on those deads. Work on your grip a bit and I think you can stack another 10lbs total on that bar next workout. :D

2/27, squat, 5x5x 135 lbs. SHITTY. had bad form on nearly every rep whether it was not going deep enough, leaning forward, or curling my back. then i did good hack squats and then thats it, was pressed for time. then i went to that hill cuz of the shit workout and ran 5 hill sprints on the steeper part, those took a lot out of me, but it was still a shitty workout and thats because i have too many distractions. got to bed too late last night and then i slacked on diet today. w/e shitty workout, gotta minimize the distractions and focus.

Get yourself together! You did well the weeks before now you're giving up. Eat right, sleep tight and lift big. Keep workin.

agreed^^^ pull your self together man! lol. seriusely though just take a step back, collect thoughts and prioritize( i cant believe I said that word..lol). make sure to try and get to bed at a decent time, atleast 30 min earlier than normal, and work on getting meals put together a day or 2 before. and it should help a lot.

yea pull yourself together! Lol. eat right, sleep right, drink water, get your head right, get your form right. Go in there and concentrate on form. get the form right and slowly up the weight. take your time and do it right and in the long run you will be happy you did.

i love the way you punish yourself by running the sprints up the hill. i know what you mean i do the same thing sometimes.

good luck.

You guys are right. Thinking back to how mad I was about a shitty workout I realize that it was kind of immature to feel like that. 1 bad workout wont destroy me because i will keep working at it and will grow in the long run. Thanks for the support :)

3/1, bench, 5x5x 175 lbs. I got the first three sets, barely getting the third. on the fourth I think I failed on the last rep and on the fifth I failed on the third rep, then did one forced rep and called it a day. Then did decline, military press, incline bench. Tried to mix up the assistance work this week instead of the ussual dips, military, incline. Overall I felt pretty good, plan on moving up to 180 next week and see how I do.

Back