jackcity log

friday, didnt deadlift. I been gettin 5-6 hours of sleep, even though i get to bed at 8:30 or 9:00. I have changed when I eat and dont drink alot right before bed, yet my body still seems to resist the full 8-9 hour cycle. Also the past mon and wed have been pretty bad workouts...And I have been staying sore for longer than ussual, AND I have been slightly moody for the past week, AND I have been tired throughout the whole day, yet as mentioned unable to sleep for 8 hours. All of those things lead me to beleive Im overtraining, so i skipped today's workout. I was orriginally planning on taking the next week off, but I think im doing everything right(eat/sleep/lifting), and on second thought, I plan on starting to take creatine instead. I think it will give me the slight boost I need in the gym and hopefully in recovery. Protien powder is not nessecary because a couple days ago I counted my calories, and it was about 4000 calories and 230 g protien. I weigh 168, so thats about 1.5g/lb which is plenty imo.
I have one fear that I was hoping you guys might be able to clarify though. I know, creatine is nothing to be afraid of, but im worried that by taking creatine for long periods of time, as i've read it is right to do, it will only with time replace my natural creatine production. Kind of like if people before they stop growing take steroids then their bodies stop producing the natural growth hormone(i think). Should I be worried about that or does creatine sound like a reasonable solution to my overtraining. sorry for the screen door^^^^ if anyone reads all that and replies they get extra karma!

About the creatine thing, don't sweat it. I had the same question, but everyone reassured me that it wouldn't be enough to shut down your natrual creatine production. No one knows for sure if this is true, but I guess its a chance everyone has to take?

Yeah, if you think you need a break, go take one. It might help you later on so that's always a plus. :)

alright, that sounds good, thanks. Ill take monday and wednesday off then, come back on this friday for deads. maybe do some reconfiguring of my routine in the meantime.

3/10. After 1 week off, deads, 4x5x 225 lbs. Then I did 2 sets chin-ups, 2 sets pull ups for 8 total sets. Im going to structure bench and squat day like this too. Ussually I would do 5x5, 3 sets, 3 sets, then 3 more sets for 14 total sets. After the week off I definetly felt rejuvinated and it didnt even feel like I lost strength just like I got a really good nights sleep. I was definetly overtraining on my old routine, and I dont need that. I need to over-eat...but not over train :)

Winterlong said:
How's the sleep/eating goin?
for the past week or two I havent been giving the eating 100%. Not even eating much more then maintain actually, but when i saw 167 on the scale today that gave me a lot of motivation.. Sleep is all out of wack, like ill get 5 hours and feel like 100 bucks one day and the next ill get 5 and feel like ass. But ive been waking up in the middle of the night for some reason, which sucks because it gets me out of REM mode. Sometimes I fall back asleep, sometimes i dont. idk...i just gotta relax i guess. Ive been hitting 9:00 bed time most nights though, if not its 10 at latest.

thanks winterlong, ill look into that. yesterday, wednesday, bench, 3x5 of 175, on the fourth i did 170. then 2 sets 10 lbs weighted dips(about 8 reps each) and 2 sets dumbell military press 30 lb db's(bout 10 reps each).

friday, deads, 4x5 of 235 lbs. I went up by 10 lbs like you said b4 winterlong :D then did 2 sets of dumbell rows(about 11 reps each) then did 2 sets chin ups(6 reps each).

jackcity10 said:
friday, deads, 4x5 of 235 lbs. I went up by 10 lbs like you said b4 winterlong :D then did 2 sets of dumbell rows(about 11 reps each) then did 2 sets chin ups(6 reps each).
:)

Thanks for the support JT190, Winterlong, and tman55. Squats today, 4x5x 140 lbs. form wasnt 100% but it was good, after that did 2 sets hack squats then left. my mind wasnt right or something, i maxed out at 8 reps the first set then 13 on the next, probably because i didnt sleep well last night. o well, just gotta eat more :D

wednesday, bench. started off with a set of 4 reps of 185, then did a few sets of 180, reps went like 4, 3, 2. I think starting at 185 threw me off a bit, but I just didnt want to put two 10's and a 2.5 on each side for some reason. then I did 3 sets of negatives on the smith machine, then 1 set of 8 reps weighted dips 15 lbs.
Overall ok workout, definetly going to start incorperating negatives on bench day, i have a hard time when im stacking more weight then I ever held before each week. I might start throwing negatives on squat day too because the safety bars are at about the same height I go down to so I can just do a couple 1 rep sets of heavy negatives.

Back