joint problems while on test?

chigga4life

amature bobybuilder
I have been talking with some people who have had problem with joints while on cyp. I wanted to know if any one else has had a simular experences. They also said that they stack deca with the cyp to help with joint support? Sounded weird... is that true that deca helps with joint support and does the strength gains affect the joints that greatly while on cyp?

if you are making huge strength gains then yes the joints may become a problem as they grow very little compared to the muscle

Deca is the way to go my friend. I try to incorprate it in to every cycle if nothing else for the fact that i'm pain free while using it.

blackbeard said:
if you are making huge strength gains then yes the joints may become a problem as they grow very little compared to the muscle
exactly . test doesnt dry the joints out like winnie so im not sure how helpfull the deca would be combating the problem . strict form and carefully picking the excercise you do would probablly help .

My favorite poster Nandi expains it:

So when NFG123 mentioned that androgens are antiinflammatory, this is kind of what it means technically. Some steroids seem to have stronger effects than others. So when people say deca improves joints because it makes you hold water, that is nonsense. It is an antiinflmmatory because it suppresses cell mediated immunity, which controls inflammation. it has nothing to do with water.

Why is deca's reputation as an antiinflammatory better than testosterone's for example? My guess is the minimal aromatization and its progestogenic activity. If you link to the article below and open the graphic, you will see a couple of interesting things.

First, progesterone, like testosterone, stimulates humoral immunity (the TH2 mediated response in the graphic) and suppresses cellular immunity (TH1 response). So progesterone has antiinflammatory action.

Second, estrogen exerts a biphasic effect. At low doses it is proinflammatory, stimulating the TH1 arm of the immune system (cellular immunity) and inflammation.

Deca then works both as an androgen and a progestin to quell inflammation. Testosterone, by virtue of its aromatization to estrogen is an inferior antiinflammatory.

/Bruce

cowboy198 said:
Deca is the way to go my friend. I try to incorprate it in to every cycle if nothing else for the fact that i'm pain free while using it.

That is exactly what my friends are syaing cowboy... And now I am between a rock and a hard placa...this is going to be my first cycle and I have had arguments both ways... run test alone or to stack with deca...humm...any input folks?

Bruce Banner said:
My favorite poster Nandi expains it:

/Bruce
all that says basically is that deca is a better ANTIinflammatory than test . that isnt the same as test causeing joint pain . the joint pain is probablly caused by heavier lifting or in most newbies cases overtraining because they think the gear makes them superman .

1st time users DO NOT use this as a excuse to run deca on a 1st cycle .

DADAWG said:
all that says basically is that deca is a better ANTIinflammatory than test . that isnt the same as test causeing joint pain . the joint pain is probablly caused by heavier lifting or in most newbies cases overtraining because they think the gear makes them superman .

1st time users DO NOT use this as a excuse to run deca on a 1st cycle .

agreed. Remember, steroids will increase the CNS efficiency, as will the androgen increase cause an increae in stregth. This is not even taking into account yet muscle growth resulting in stregth gains. Add in the fact that many guys get their ego's stroked lifting heavier weights and showing off..... joint problems are soon to follow.

Also, i believe i read some studies regarding certain hormones effects on the elasticity of tendons\ligaments. i really wish i could remember where it was.
But i remember it saying soemting to the effect that
Winstrol tended to cause less colagen to be deposited in the connectiive tissue, which could explain some of the joint pain. Eq had an opposite effect, stregthening joints.

thanks for the advice. How does this sound...

1st cycle
cyp 1-10wk @200mg/wk
nolvadex @20mg/day.

questions
1 should I run the test and only use the nolvadex when I fell the gyno comeing on or should I run it for the full ten wk cycle.

2 Will running the nolvadex decrease my gains on the test?

3 Will using the nolvadex will it change the responce to what my body feels from the test? b/c isn't the main idea is to see how you react to a test cycle so that it can be your back bone for future cycles?

I know I have many questions but I want to be sure I have all of the right info...

200mg/wk is barely above a replacement dosage, you're going to be shutting down your natural test for almost nothing, I would go with at least 350mg/week of Cyp

deca also increses collagen production i believe, which is supressed by test which also helps the joints

I just re-read your post. You don't have joint pain, someone told you you might get it. Bro, don't even worry about it.

I believe it has to do with collagen and cortisol. I read something about this a while ago, ill see if i can find it.

My joints in my left ankle and left knee have been acting up. I have only been on test cyp for 3 weeks now. Is it caused by the test? I am running 300mg twice a week. I have never had this problem before. I cant tell if I may have injured it and not known or if its the test. Anybody have any experance with this? I do not want to stack. Maybe Glutamine? I don't know.

Back