Leg development without squats

Wow, and I thought my gym sucked... Haha.
Gotta appreciate what you have I guess.

Dare I say it?... Smith? Better than no squats at all.

Smith sucks. It ll force you to do its movement range and form, not urs

I thought my statement made it pretty clear that I am not a fan either, but would you rather smith squat, or not squat at all???

I thought my statement made it pretty clear that I am not a fan either, but would you rather smith squat, or not squat at all???

In my case, I ll not use smith, I've got fucked up back and some knees issues.
I'm speaking about myself: no back arch-ing = no squats.

I tried out the clean to shoulder press to squat meth today. Only did 5 sets of 15...its pitiful that moving 135 for 15 reps has my outer quads more sore than pounding them for over an hour on machines...movement isn't bad. The rural issue is going to be pressing it behind my back over head and back down. It was fine with 135 but theres no way in hell I'll do 225 without killing myself or hurting something . Tried using db as well because they're easier to maneuver but its an awkward angle to hold them. I wasn't sure whether to hold them like doing Arnold's or try to rest them on my shoulders. Both were hard to control

Any chance you can get 2 other big dudes to "spot" you, meaning lifting the bar on both ends to get you loaded and unloaded?
Maybe you find two other guys that want to squat properly... IDK lol

Any chance you can get 2 other big dudes to "spot" you, meaning lifting the bar on both ends to get you loaded and unloaded?
Maybe you find two other guys that want to squat properly... IDK lol

Haha if only. Majority of the guys in the gym wouldn't be strong enough. They're too busy curling and Facebook pics of their hardcore work our progress

Well thought id update this incase anyone else is in the same position...its been a couple weeks since ive started doing clean/press to squat...it sucks because youre limited to what you can clean/press...i havent gone above 205 yet...but that being said...im not shitting you, in 3 or 4 weeks of doing this ive already began to see new leg growth and I am sore now FINALLY. ATG is the only way to squat...the way I do it is grab the bar from the bench, clean/press obviously, to squat postion..upon finishing a set I slowly back myself to the bench and sit as close to the pins as possible, then lean back and slowly slide down onto the top pin....Its tough to get big weight up so I just do lots of reps. Thanks for the idea guys!

Glad to hear you figured something out , that shit would be driving me crazy. I'm in Afghanistan and we have a squat rack lol sorry but just thought it was kinda funny.

Back