Legs too small

My legs wont get any bigger theyre way to small for my build. anything you can suggest to put on size??? I have good strength for my legs I think, but the size just isnt there.

Bench is 240x8
Sqaut is 370x8

cant do dl due to lower back probs.

Try high rep squats.

The best thing for my legs I did back in highschool

Squats
145x20
225x20
315x20
405 to failure (there was no f'in way I was going to hit 20 on this :D )

My legs exploded with size.

I usually keep my rep ranges under 12, but when it comes to leg size I find that higher reps do the job.

SEMOROOKIE said:
My legs wont get any bigger theyre way to small for my build. anything you can suggest to put on size??? I have good strength for my legs I think, but the size just isnt there.

Bench is 240x8
Sqaut is 370x8

post a clip up of that 370 x 8.

SEMOROOKIE said:

Bench is 240x8
Sqaut is 370x8

Post a few of your leg routines. Do you do hams and quads in the same workout?

370#x8 is not a simple feat. Either you are not going all the way down or your defination of "small" is relative. Post some pics of the said legs or a video of the squat, this will help us help you.

Drop the poundage and up the reps. They are large muscles and can take the abuse. I'd also suggest 20 rep deep breathing squats..20 reps with the same weight you can ONLY lift for 10 clean reps..............you'll need a spotter and you can't stop until you reach 20.........no resting the weight either.

any lunges in your routine?

Small legs and you did 370 for 8????

WT...F??
Mind you I do squats last but I did
135-20
225-20
285-15
315-12
335-9
365-6
I tore my hamstring on my 5th rep and like the stupid dumb kid I was I did another??

Now my back & legs are fucked and the best I can do now is 235 for 25-35,can't do much heavier so remember that for when you get older.

I do the Randy coutoure workout everyday I get some lunges out of that. When I squat I go to 90 degrees I dont fold my knees over like some do that could explain the heavier weight. I also run 4-6 miles a day do you think that could be causing it?

I dont understand why 370x8 is so hard to beleive. Its pretty pathetic compared to some of the other guys at the gym. The guy I lift with is smaller than me and he does more.

You can squat 370 for 8 and stil run 4-6 miles a day??
Man you are a fucking Superman :rockband:
I did 6 set of leg extensions
6 sets of leg curls
Leg pressed
3 plates each side for 15
5 plates for 15
7 plates for 15
8 for 13-14
9 for 8-12
10 for 4-9
11 for 2-4
then did squats.
My legs were so fucking big that when I biked or ran(barely do 2 miles) the skin under my balls were completly raw as my thighs scraped back and fourth.
And I bet 2 miles I did in about 17 min,pretty shitty time considering I now do it in 13:26 best!
So if you can squat and run 4-6 miles mybe you are Randy Lactoure!
If this is true cut your running to 1-2 miles and do fast sprints then maybe your legs will get bigger with that & diet.Who knows maybe in 3 months you will get 400 for 8:)

There is a guy at my gym who is 5'3 about 160 and squats 400 for 3-5,CLEAN no gear!!
It can be done and his legs look good but not freaky so it is possible,it's the 4-6 miles that freaked me out!!!

Easto said:
Try high rep squats.

The best thing for my legs I did back in highschool

Squats
145x20
225x20
315x20
405 to failure (there was no f'in way I was going to hit 20 on this :D )

My legs exploded with size.

I usually keep my rep ranges under 12, but when it comes to leg size I find that higher reps do the job.

You must have been the strongest squatter in your highschool.

parrish said:
There is a guy at my gym who is 5'3 about 160 and squats 400 for 3-5,CLEAN no gear!!
It can be done and his legs look good but not freaky so it is possible,it's the 4-6 miles that freaked me out!!!

Yeah the guy I lift with is like that. He makes me sick, the 4-6 miles is out of desperation really. My gym has no cardio equipment at all except 3 treadmills and they dont go any faster than 4 mph.

semo post a clip up of you squatting. you may have a form issue that is keeping you from getting all you can get outta squats. use a work set weight if you would.

Back