Letter from Customs

Annonamous1

Letter from Customs

Today I had something strange happen. I had a note left by the mail carrier saying that I had to goto the post office to pickup a certified letter from US customs. Anytime I had a customs letter sent to me before they haven't been sent using certified mail. Any thoughts on what they are trying to pull? Needless to say I won't be going to pick this letter up.

I wouldn't go either....I got few in the past but it was by regular mail...

Yeah I have had customs letters before but I am wondering why they would bother sending this certified. I don't see how it could be a controlled delivery though since they left a tag saying it was from U.S customs.

If you want then just stop by the post office right before they close and just check it......or call them and see if they can drop it off at your house......

Wartime100 said:
That is interesting since brock had a pack seized from the same source as me and at the same time.

I know of two other people who have had the exact same problem this last week.

Re: Letter from Customs

Wartime100 said:
Today I had something strange happen. I had a note left by the mail carrier saying that I had to goto the post office to pickup a certified letter from US customs. Anytime I had a customs letter sent to me before they haven't been sent using certified mail. Any thoughts on what they are trying to pull? Needless to say I won't be going to pick this letter up.

Hey Wartime, I don't think it is a controlled delivery because the letter I got this past week from customs was a certified letter also.

Re: Re: Letter from Customs

BUFFDAWG10 said:
Hey Wartime, I don't think it is a controlled delivery because the letter I got this past week from customs was a certified letter also.

Good to know. I wonder why they went to the trouble of using certified mail? I guess I'll just leave the slip for them the leave the mail after they attempt to deliver.

Re: Re: Re: Letter from Customs

Wartime100 said:
Good to know. I wonder why they went to the trouble of using certified mail?

Because they want to have it documented that you did in fact "receive" this customs letter. Honestly, from talking with Postal Inspectors, this is a classic case where they have flagged your addy and want to have it documented that you have recieved a customs letter(hence the registered letter because you would have to sign for it) and you can bet that the next package they pick off to that address will receive some serious attention. Probably along the lines of an attempted controlled delivery. Then if you try and fight it in court and say that you were unaware of what was in the package or whatever it is your excuse would be, they can show that you have been ordering these packages for awhile and even acknowledged receiving a customs letter about this very issue(the signed registered letter receipt).

Get yourself another shipping address.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Letter from Customs

BiggieSwolls said:
Because they want to have it documented that you did in fact "receive" this customs letter. Honestly, from talking with Postal Inspectors, this is a classic case where they have flagged your addy and want to have it documented that you have recieved a customs letter(hence the registered letter because you would have to sign for it) and you can bet that the next package they pick off to that address will receive some serious attention. Probably along the lines of an attempted controlled delivery. Then if you try and fight it in court and say that you were unaware of what was in the package or whatever it is your excuse would be, they can show that you have been ordering these packages for awhile and even acknowledged receiving a customs letter about this very issue(the signed registered letter receipt).

Get yourself another shipping address.

Wow.....that really makes sense. Trying to make a solid chain of evidence.

Tinyt said:
any of this has happened to domestic packages?Just wondering.

If it is domestic, it won't go through customs, why would you get a letter???? No I don't think this will happen with domestic packs!! It doesn't mean they can't do a controlled delivery though, if they have pinpointed a source!

BUFFDAWG10 said:
If it is domestic, it won't go through customs, why would you get a letter???? No I don't think this will happen with domestic packs!! It doesn't mean they can't do a controlled delivery though, if they have pinpointed a source!

Thats true. The whole purpose of the customs department is to control what comes into our borders. If it is a domestic delivery then you have to worry about the postal inspectors.

Back